Help FizX Lite FizX BAM FP FizX and FizX Lite conversation

Future Pinball
So it would be like a magnet, the ball is captured in a certain sense, but I assume when it has little speed and strength,right?
therefore if you set it to a high value the bounce of the ball is cancelled(annulled)?

Just set it high and see what happens when you play. It will do what you see in Terry's video without realizing what is going on.
I'm going to try it

These are the parameters I usually make adjustments to

LiveCatchDifficulty
CoilType - When I increase this, I may decrease FlipperMass by 0.02 or 0.03.
FlipperOmega
RollingEffect - Normally use 0.9 or 1.0.

High_Velocity_Threshold
Flipper_Low_Velocity_BouncingCoeff > For these 3 parameters, enter values from the chart I posted earlier.
Flipper_High_Velocity_BouncingCoeff

SlingShotThreshold
Table_Slope - This overrides all the other locations where you can adjust slope.

I suggest starting with adjusting these parameters and use the defaults values for everything else.

On Road Runner and The Hungry Dead, you can open the tweaker by pressing the Special 1 key and be able to change values by pressing the left or right arrow key. To change parameters, press the down arrow key. Press "S" to save when done.

There is an option called "Bounce Choice" that automatically loads the chart for flipper bounce that I created. You just press your left or right arrow keys to select Low or High Bounce as shown on the DMD. I use the latest version of the tweaker. Terry uses an old version.

Last edited:
Paolo, you need to reread the post above. I edited it after it was posted.

translated to italian with deepLpro

Attachments

• aio translated to italian.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 4
Paolo, you know script, is it the english you have hard time with?
you can translate on the fly with DeepL translation. its a addon for windows www.deepl.com

Does terrys videos CC to italian on youtube? HMMMMM

Paolo, you know script, is it the english you have hard time with?
you can translate on the fly with DeepL translation. its a addon for windows www.deepl.com

Does terrys videos CC to italian on youtube? HMMMMM

I asked him before, but YT doesnt seem to translate it.

That said, the written tutorial can be translated

Many thanks guys,for your support and help!!

So now it's clear to me what LiveCatch is, and @HZR It's not the script that's the problem, I've learned over the years (even if it's in English) but understanding how a certain type of code works, translation isn't a problem, the problem arises if I have to do a lot of translation, that is, the time it takes I use it, for first to understand (I always hope the most correct) and then to write, it's not a simple thing, that's why I ask sometimes and don't read all the tutorials, to make my life easier, by asking and having the answers, I can analyze them to understand better.

@GeorgeH thanks for the advice, and @TerryRed thanks for the video.

Avete capito cosa cambiare? Vedi un video in cui il rimbalzo cambia con diverse impostazioni, attrito del campo di gioco o soglia?
Messaggio #45, ti ho inviato un link a un video che mostra il tweaker e come cambia il rimbalzo della palla.

message 45 link to a video showing you bouince vs changes with tweaker. Did you understand that and the settings.

Last edited:
So it would be like a magnet, the ball is captured in a certain sense, but I assume when it has little speed and strength,right?
therefore if you set it to a high value the bounce of the ball is cancelled(annulled)?

I'm going to try it
when the ball makes contact with the flipper down the flipper is also moving down , reducing speed friction and decreasing the hit threshhold. the HIGH number makes this happen easier

Vedi un video

I can't view it.
Anyway I'm doing my tests, and I hope to understand better, thanks for your help.

On Road Runner and The Hungry Dead, you can open the tweaker by pressing the Special 1 ke

FizX_Tweaker_Toggle_Key_enabled = true ' F KEY

' ***** Change FizX Profile Settings *****

' - you can quickly change the main FizX Profile Settings in realtime while playing a table!
' - you can change the FizX Profile (while playing) with the G KEY

FizX_Profile_Change_Key_enabled = true ' G KEY

Ok, I'm trying to understand this tweaker.

@GeorgeH
I followed your suggestion so I opened your tweaker in Road Runner (I prefer this one than the other one, I don't like the horror theme)
and I noticed that they open in the windows with the explanations, I must say that I had never realized this,, and it seems like a really useful and spectacular thing, too bad it's difficult for me to understand because it's English,but I try to understand as much as I can.
I wonder if it's easy to add it to a table, but I'll tell you about this in private.

@HZR
Looking at this better I noticed that there are two key codes F/G, so they are in false and they don't work, also because I use these codes for my things and they didn't interfere with this tweaker in fizx, so I assume in true they work, a question is it possible to change with other keys? so I'll see what happens...I assume it's not the same as George's, right?

' ---------- How to add FizX Tweaker to a table ----------

' - in Translite Editor, create a Hud DMD (128x32) and call it "FizXDMD" (MUST be a HUD DMD!)
' - be sure the table has "dmd05x05p" font added (you can get this from FP's "NewTable")
' - copy and paste FizX Tweaker Code to table script
' - copy and paste the following under Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)

' ****** FizX Tweaker ******

'If keycode = 200 then FizX_TweakSelection = 1:FizX_TweakValues 'UP Key
'If Keycode = 203 then FizX_TweakSelection = 2:FizX_TweakValues 'LEFT Key
'If Keycode = 205 then FizX_TweakSelection = 3:FizX_TweakValues 'RIGHT Key
'if keycode = 208 then FizX_TweakSelection = 4:FizX_TweakValues 'DOWN Key
'if keycode = 33 then FizX_Tweaker_Toggle 'F Key
change 33 by your own value

' ############################# FizX Profiles - Cycle - START ##############################

' ***** Cycle FizX Profile Settings - For Testing Only!!! *****

' Add the following under Sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)

'if keycode = 34 Then FizX_Profile_Cycle 'G Key
change 34 by your own value

Ok, I'm trying to understand this tweaker.

@GeorgeH
I followed your suggestion so I opened your tweaker in Road Runner (I prefer this one than the other one, I don't like the horror theme)
and I noticed that they open in the windows with the explanations, I must say that I had never realized this,, and it seems like a really useful and spectacular thing, too bad it's difficult for me to understand because it's English,but I try to understand as much as I can.
I wonder if it's easy to add it to a table, but I'll tell you about this in private.

@HZR
Looking at this better I noticed that there are two key codes F/G, so they are in false and they don't work, also because I use these codes for my things and they didn't interfere with this tweaker in fizx, so I assume in true they work, a question is it possible to change with other keys? so I'll see what happens...I assume it's not the same as George's, right?

I updated "The Hungry Dead" for Halloween but "Road Runner" has the identical tweaker. I wrote the content of the overlays as best I could on the FizX tweaker. JLou never posted descriptions of the parameters on the current version of FizX. Instead, I used what he posted for a previous version that has the same parameters as the current version with a bit of editing. For the new parameters, I basically just used what was saved in the comments of the script beside the parameters which are quite short.

I just posted the update to Avatar that has 3 tweakers for gaming, lighting and FizX. There are over 50 parameters for all 3 tweakers and I wrote descriptions for all of them. It took some time. I might not have done it if I realized how many parameters there are. Avatar requires quite a few resources so I am not sure your PC can handle it but you should check it out if possible.

I have attached the text from the tweaker used on "Road Runner" so you can use one of the online translators to convert it to Italian. At the end of each write-up, you will see "Original Value =". The referenced value is what was originally posted in the AIO which I may have changed for the table.

The AIO uses a very old version of Gimli's tweaker. I am in the process of replacing the tweaker in version 3.2 of the AIO with the current version that is the same as the one that is in Avatar. I am doing this for my own use but I can send you (or anyone else) a copy when I am finished if you wish.

Attachments

• Tweaker, FizX2.7z
    4.5 KB · Views: 4
Just to clarify.

The AIO Example code (for FizX 3.2) uses an updated, but more basic FizX Tweaker (as JLou wanted). It's not an old version, as it's been updated and allows you to adjust all the FizX 3.2 parameters (we just removed the saving features, as they were never used, and it made code much smaller).

The new AIO code no longer requires any DMD on the table if you don't want to use the Tweaker (it won't give an error if the HUD DMD missing).

there are 2 profiles, just foocus on profile 1 for now,
I dont know if george used same one or not, i use ail fizx3.0 (NOT LIGHT version)

ci sono 2 profili, per ora solo il profilo 1,
Non so se George abbia usato lo stesso profilo o meno, io uso l'ail fizx3.0 (NON LIGHT version).

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The tweaker you can change as you play table and see what difference it makes.
Il tweaker può essere modificato man mano che si gioca al tavolo e vedere che differenza fa.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Write down the values from the twealker when you have the table playing the way you like.
Scrivete i valori del twealker quando il tavolo è in grado di giocare nel modo che preferite.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Replace the values in profile 1 with ones you wrote down.
Sostituite i valori del profilo 1 con quelli che avete scritto voi.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Basically the tweaker dmd is running the script on the left, these are the values you can change as you play test your table.
The script on the right is where your going to put those values you have in the tweaker
Fondamentalmente il dmd del tweaker esegue lo script a sinistra, questi sono i valori che si possono modificare durante le prove del tavolo.
Lo script a destra è quello in cui si inseriscono i valori che si hanno nel tweaker.

Does that help ?
Questo aiuta?

Attachments

• tweak exam.jpg
    tweak exam.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just to clarify.

The AIO Example code (for FizX 3.2) uses an updated, but more basic FizX Tweaker (as JLou wanted). It's not an old version, as it's been updated and allows you to adjust all the FizX 3.2 parameters (we just removed the saving features, as they were never used, and it made code much smaller).

The new AIO code no longer requires any DMD on the table if you don't want to use the Tweaker (it won't give an error if the HUD DMD missing).
SO there is a new fizx.. Are there many changes without diving into the code? tutorial?

Just to clarify.

Ok. The AIO has an update to an old version. Avatar has the most current updated version.

Last edited:
Ok. The AIO has an update to an old version. Avatar has the most current updated version.
I’m a fit confused. the only difference is the tweaked? Or are there adjustments as well. If there are adjustments , why wouldn’t that be in the newest AIO

This should be a new thread , sorry popotte

I’m a fit confused. the only difference is the tweaked? Or are there adjustments as well. If there are adjustments , why wouldn’t that be in the newest AIO

At one point, George and Gimli carried on to do their own version of the Tweaker Tool separate from what myself and JLou were using on the AIO. Their Tweaker grew to be much more than what we wanted on the AIO table / code.

We only wanted a simple bare bones Tool that allowed you to make FizX related adjustments, and nothing more. We also didn't want any saving features, and after doing many table updates they proved to not be a benefit for us, and required a large amount of code to allow it to be possible. There was nothing wrong with them doing their own version, its simply not what we wanted.

The version of the Tweaker Tool included with the AIO Example Code has been updated with each version of FizX. You can adjust every FizX setting there is. Without any saving features, it's very easy to change and add more features without any concern of using any fpram slots, or needing to calculate strings, etc. For what we wanted in the AIO Example table, there was no reason to add anything else to it. So no one is missing anything related to FizX settings or adjustments with the version we are using.

As we've said countless times... the AIO Example table and tutorial contains exactly what we wanted to have. It won't include what everyone wants, or what updates they have made on their own, etc. Anyone can make their own changes or additions to their own table updates as they please if they choose to use it.

Last edited:

Gimli developed the tweaker from the start. I helped later. The FizX team took an early draft of Gimli's and created their own very basic version. Gimli's vision was to have the ability to save 28 parameters to a single nvS save location while playing a game. The FizX team originally created a version that saved parameters to multiple nvR and nvS locations and used up most of the available save locations. (There are 16 nvS and 16 nvR save registers in FP). Later they changed it so it has no ability to save anything in-game.

Gimli and I continued to develop his vision and the tweakers that are in the current version of Avatar are a result of the work we did over the past year. We succeeded in saving 28 parameters to 2 strings of 2 digit numbers and saving it to a single nvS register for a FizX and Lighting tweaker. There is also a Game tweaker that can save 56 parameters of 1 digit numbers to an nvS register. There are over 50 parameters saved to 3 nvS registers which leaves plenty of registers to save other things. The FizX tweaker has an option called "Bounce Choice" that adds 9 presets for the 3 flipper bounce FizX parameters that allow an end user to select options from low flipper bounce to high flipper bounce. The code is complex. However, if I can figure out how to edit the code for it with my limited coding ability, I would think anyone could figure it out. We eliminated some bugs that make the tweakers quite stable now. You should watch the video and try out the tweakers on Avatar at the link below.

Last edited:
Ok....I am using "Fix 3.2",and as I am not very informed on this topic "Tweaker", I don't know if there is a difference between the various Tweaker or any updates made to it.
So to summarize: (one note: I have yet to try this Tweaker)
1)in version 3.0, you need to put a "dmd" to me unaware, to make the Tweaker work......popotte's suggestion,(thanks JP @Popotte )
so if I have a table that doesn't have a "dmd" like in "EM" what do I do and how do I display the Tweaker...?
2)in version 3.2 it is not necessary added the "dmd"? and if I have a table "EM"?
3)I noticed that to activate this Tweaker you need to activate the F/G keys...Ok, a question about this: can I change them with other keys?
4)the Tweaker provided by George(above) is not the one in Fizx 3.2, as Terry specifies, correct?
5)the confusion of @HZR , leaves me perplexed.....to tell the truth, I am too(in confusion)

To summarize(I'm repetitive).....I added fizx 3.2 on two tables for now, one is an "em"which I have half the intention of publishing( thanks to George) the other is "Goldrake"....So
1)if I want to use this "Tweaker" on Goldrake with other keys, what do I do? the F/G keys, I USE THEM FOR ME.
2)It seems clear to me that I cannot insert the Tweaker provided by George on my table, but what if I would like to? What should I do, change the prefix to "Fizx-lite"?

@GeorgeH
My friend, about your Tweaker,
Edit:
I corrected an error

We talk about it privately

@TerryRed
It's clear what you want to clarify......
We are just trying to.....(on my behalf to learn) talk and discuss a tool that I think is very useful to use for people like me, who didn't even know what it was, so the other guys are just helping, no one has any intention to compromise your "AIO".....So let's relax and learn( and why not let's have fun) from each other.

Last edited:
1) yes, with any version (except for the AIO 3.2), you needed to add a HUD DMD for the tweaker tool, or you would get an error.

2) correct. I changed the code in the AIO 3.2 to do a check for the HUD DMD (only used for the tweaker), and if it's not found, then all Tweaker functions are disabled (and you get no errors)

3) you can use whatever keys you want. You need to change the keycode with the commands that are used

4) correct, George and Gimli carried on to make a Tweaker with additional features they wanted, separate from what we used in the AIO. You aren't required to make changes in the AIO code if you simply want to try the basic Tweaker Tool to adjust all FizX settings.

The Tweaker Tool was never part of, or a requirement for FizX. It was an extra bonus tool if you wanted to use it to try to adjust the settings while play testing a table. That's all. That's why I changed the AIO 3.2 to make it so you don't need to add the HUD DMD for the Tweaker Tool if you don't want to use it (so you wont get an errors).

FizX-Lite had less features than FizX (that was it's intention). If you update a table using the AIO 3.2, then you have "all" features of FizX. The other "optional" features from the AIO 3.2 (such as the Tweaker, extra PinMechSound commands) are not a requirement for FizX.

3.2 changed it so you no longer were required to add rubber items or target walls to get full FizX support. There were many changes in 3.2 that made adding it much easier.

I wasn't upset at all. My clarification was just to clear up any confusion to those who weren't privy to the differences.

Last edited:
Paolo, I hope this will simplify things for you.

I recommend using one of the tweakers because it makes it much easier to adjust settings. You can make a change and test it without having to exit the game.

If you just want to make adjustments to the parameters for your own use as a table developer, I recommend using the tweaker in the AIO. It doesn't save settings. You have to write down the settings on a piece of paper that you decide to use and then enter them into the script. Search for "FizX - TWEAKER" in the script to find the directions on how to to add the tweaker.

Bob and I provide tweakers to make things convenient for end users to change and save their settings. There is no need for them to update the script with settings because they are saved while playing the game. As a table developer, you will still want to enter the settings you decide to use into the script so they load as the default that the end user can change if desired. Even though the code for Bob's and my tweaker is complex, I can make it about as easy to add to your table as adding FizX with the existing AIO. I will post the files you need here so you can look through them and decide for yourself if you want to use it.

George

i so the code is the same except the tweaker

Last edited:
As promised, I have attached FizX 3.2 with the latest version of the tweaker from the table Avatar, Neytiri's Revenge. It is identical to the content of TerryRed's AIO with FizX 3.2 except for the tweaker. I have included 11 files for each section of code to be added. A demo table is also included. There are directions on where to add the content of the file at the beginning of each file. Some of the files also have directions. I suggest you add the code from these files sequentially and then read Section 4 of the tutorial from the AIO posting.

I included Fleep audio files that are only used in the generic hit code that is in the core FizX code in case you don't want to add the rest of the Fleep audio. Otherwise, just use the files in the AIO posting. There are files included for the overlays that provide descriptions of the options on the tweaker but you can choose not to add them.

The first file says to perform the following step before adding the code from the first file. The following are directions from the file that that says to perform before adding the code. You may want to perform this before opening the file:
"The 2 main flippers MUST be renamed to LeftFlipper1 and RightFlipper1. The rest of the flippers must be named LeftFlipper2, RightFlipper2, LeftFlipper3, RightFlipper3, LeftFlipper4, RightFlipper4. The names of the flippers need to be changed in the FP editor. Then, use the replace function in the script to replace the names of the flippers with the new name. You should play the table to test the flippers to make sure you don't get any error messages."

Everyone is welcome to use this for any of your tables that you post.

Attachments

• FizX 3.2 With New Tweaker.7z
    19.2 MB · Views: 5
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back