Help Solved Virtual DMD not displaying anything

eracet

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
ACDC
I have been working on getting DMD working again on Future Pinball. (It was working at one time)
Loaded all files, reinstalled BAM.dll since windows kicked it out after a windows update.

Now I have ran different bat files , scripts etc and I can now get the games to load with a black box on the DMD monitor. But when I launch a game it does not show anything more then the black box. Everything else stays according to settings.

Not sure what I am missing.

It was working before. I did NOT try a PC restart.

FYI, I have watched multiple guides and read multiple docs, just didn't see this issue.

It did the same when I got launcher thought Pinup Popper. But there are other launcher issues on that ( Will be different thread)

Solution
I overwrote the existing files for all FP setups , BAM etc Direct x files and rebooted PC.
The backglass monitor lines up fine, but the playfield seems to not line up properly, its like the bottom is too far down. Tried on mulitple games and loaded the proper EXE FP file, unlike I didnt do last time.
Once I figure this out I will work on the DMD ext .
I checked all the resolutions and all check out.

I got the dmdext to work on the ones it is available with.
Attempted the force full screen script windowed on main playfield and it still was narrow and slightly low on all tables. Backglass was fine.

Do you install my BAM cabinet settings files "before" loading any tables? If not, then remove the "BAM \ CFG" files for the...
If your PC was removing bam.dll, you have other problems to deal with, as it could be affecting FP, and DMDExt.

Make sure Windows Defender and other anti-virus are not enabled, and have exceptions added for the entire FP folder, and folders for any other virtual pinball related apps. If not, you could have all sorts of problems.

I excluded the entire folder(s). And re-ran bam installer. Its still giving the same error. nothing shows up on the DMD. Could do a overwrite of the files with BAM v1.5-349. Did not try that yet. Any other suggestions. Tried different bat scripts, at least got the black screen to show up but just nothing there. In Visual Pinball it works fine and as intended.

I overwrote the files in the BAM v1.5-349 folder I downloaded. and got the DMD to work, kind of.
It worked on a few games then stopped working and gives me a issue like the image.

Now with out even trying to start DMD it gives me the small image in the backbox and the playfield is ok

The top monitor is a stand in for when I get the smaller DMD screen in a few days.

Tried different bat scripts and it still does teh same with the backglass monitor.
Seems like I always get one step ahead and one step back ...

PXL_20231218_145153340.jpg

I would start with a new install using this, as it will get you properly up to date. Make sure you unblock the zip before extracting the files, and be sure your antivirus and Defender are disabled while installing and setting up:

Make sure you follow my instructions to install my BAM settings files for cabinets, and use my FP settings.

After that you should be properly setup for FP, and you have my latest guides to help you along if having issues. Read them.

Then install your tables files.

Regarding DMDExt.... you can only use it on any tables that have a DMD. It wont work for tables that use EM Reels, or alpha numeric displays.

I overwrote the existing files for all FP setups , BAM etc Direct x files and rebooted PC.
The backglass monitor lines up fine, but the playfield seems to not line up properly, its like the bottom is too far down. Tried on mulitple games and loaded the proper EXE FP file, unlike I didnt do last time.

Attempted the force full screen script windowed on main playfield and it still was narrow and slightly low on all tables. Backglass was fine.

Last edited:

Do you install my BAM cabinet settings files "before" loading any tables? If not, then remove the "BAM \ CFG" files for the problem tables. Then when the table loads next time it will use my default BAM cabinet settings for pov. You still need to adjust the pov on some tables (in the BAM menu, Table section) to make them fit to your preference.

My PinEvent releases all come with a CFG file for each table that has a pov already lined up for you. Install them into "BAM\CFG" and be sure they are named the same as the table file.

Solution
That worked, it was cfg errors.
Double post . oops'
Some of the tables are kind of funky yet. trying to fix them

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back