druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
druadic submitted a new resource:

Ticker (1933, Bally) - Ticker for VPX 6

A very simple and basic tabletop machine created for the stock market in 1933. A very devious name for an extremely tough game.

The way the pins and numbers are placed on the play field make this game so tough that scoring free games is near impossible. Follow the label on the wooden apron to see what games you could win in specific score amounts in yellow. Win 2 to 30 games per play.

The tilt mechanism on this machine used a thick string with an aluminum post. Of course this string would...

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• Ticker SCREENIE.jpg
    Ticker SCREENIE.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 6
Sorry this file was placed in the wrong area. Reuploaded and placed in the proper place.

UPDATED to 1.0b due to the out hole not working properly. This has been fixed. Sorry!

Last edited:
Great fun. What an interesting game, high score doesn't matter so much, what matters is that you keep playing for free! Quite the challenge when you get to the fifth and sixth ball to get the points you need for the free game.

Great fun. What an interesting game, high score doesn't matter so much, what matters is that you keep playing for free! Quite the challenge when you get to the fifth and sixth ball to get the points you need for the free game.
Bally surely had a winner with Ticker I agree. A VERY interesting game with it's game play. The way the pins and numbers are situated makes you wonder who had the brains to come up with the layout.

I added that feature to make the game more fun and challenging. It was worth adding it to the table for sure. I think the lowest I hit was 11 and the most was around 32. That 5th or 6th ball can make or break just how good a player is for nudging skills.

Score is nothing but the amount of games played and the free games show just how good a player is and adding the F key to play those free games is pretty fun. What makes it also a challenge is the more you play those free games, the faster that tally goes down. Also, you don't have to play those free games and let the tally go up and up.

Actually there is no high score on Ticker, just your score to show the amount each time you play.

STILL waiting to hear who has hit 6 or 36. That would be one for the VP game play history books; to finally see a screenshot of six balls in a single hole. I STILL can't get that yet! :(

d-

PS: If folks saw the original image I had to work with they might be a bit shocked just how much I had to fix on this little guy so that's why I had to REDRAW 75% of the play field to make it proper. To be honest, this was a FUN table to clean up and redraw. I think this is what drew me twords getting this table done. I do LOVE the artwork really but the simplicity of just about everything on Ticker is what makes it a real gem. I had a HELL of a time trying to find a play field FOR YEARS.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back