Silent Hill

maybe in the old forum.....

by default when the ball is above some height it plays the plastic rolling sound

to force the metal sound you have to:

'
' to handle adding metal ramp sound use addWireRampTrackedBallHeight wiretrigger,50 (removed when ball hit playfield)
'where wiretrigger is the trigger on start of the wire ramp
'
'
'
'to force the remove use removeWireRampTrackedBallHeight wiretrigger,50
'where wiretrigger is the trigger on end of the wire ramp
'
'

it is very usefull when you have a bi-material ramp (starting with plastic and ending with metal)

so the sound pitch and speed on ramp is computed from the ball speed (like when the ball is rolling on the playfield)

also the last version of the lib add some little sound when ball hit something (rubber sound by default and metal sound for defined metal parts).
check ghostbuster for that

@Gimli @GeorgeH @AnonTet @NitroNimbus @ravarcade @polygame @JLou5641 @Paolo @smoke @shiva

...or anyone else who may be interested.

Stunning new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows, lighting, FLEEP sounds... and new look (again)

BAM's latest update allows for stunning new Ray Cast ball shadows for any light. I combined this with new shadowmaps and new updated dynamic lighting to create a stunning new visual look Silent Hill.

I've also been able to upgrade the mechanical sounds thanks to the generosity of FLEEP and his professional quality sounds! Simply stunning in SSF!

I've been sick for the last 2+ months, so I haven't been able to get as much done as I would like... but progress is still pushing on... and I'm loving the results!

This video demo shows off the new feature nicely. It also shows my updates for all the other levels, and gives a sneak peek at the new levels for the Grand Hotel, Sacrificial Chamber, and Church.

A complete playthrough demo of the Grand Hotel levels is coming soon.

I just have one question. Instead of shoot again, shouldn't you write Stab Again? :D

Seriously... I don't know what else to say.

The last update make an huge difference!
New light and Shadow + Fleep sound make something uncomparable than before. It give lot of realism to a table that could not exist in real life.
Very good job!

Parabéns!
Parabéns
Parabéns
E não podia deixar de dizer
P A R A B E N S

Silent Hill

I'm making this new "standalone" table based on my favorite game series and the Silent Hill movie. My intent is to have progression through the main events of the movie, while having the things that make the game iconic.

- foggy town
- darkness
- flashlight
- different locations (alley, school, hospital, church)
- otherworld levels (rusty, blood)
- creepy monsters
- creepy sounds
- iconic Akira Yamaoka music

The movie videos are not part of the table (yet). I only added them for this demo, as PinEvent will be the very last thing to add to the table when it's done (a very long ways to go).

Sounds and Music

If there is one thing the Silent Hill series is known for, is the amazingly beautiful and disturbing sounds and music from the extremely talented Akira Yamaoka.

I bought every soundtrack I could get over the years. The number of sound files made for these games is crazy! Silent Hill 2 alone has many 100s of sound files. I'm going through ALL of them and the other games to find the sounds I need for Silent Hill.

View attachment 19812

While doing "research"... I decided to do some sound recordings from the games to use. I've played SH2, SH3, SH4, Homecoming on my PC (which "today" is a real benefit with 4K, 60fps, Enhanced mods, etc)

Wow! Almost 20 years later, and I still have my original save game files!

Playing these now is like travelling back in time. It's awesome!

View attachment 19813

Silent Hill Textures

There's something freaky and cool about going through textures of a 20 year old game to use in a 13 year old pinball editor to be played on almost anything modern including a VR headset.

If anything, it makes me really appreciate the talent of texture artists, and how far ahead Team Silent was back then.

View attachment 19814

Monster models

I'll be adding many of the monsters from the movie / games. Most will be animated to some degree.

Straight Jacket

The "straight jacket / armless man" from the movies is tricky. I was able to extract the original model, but couldn't use the original texture as the UV wrapping info is lost with the extraction.

So with the help of a very talented VPX table author / modeler... he was able to fix up the model (half the polygons were flipped) and create a very cool looking texture to try to make it look more like the movie version (on the left). The model had a few slits in it, so he made them bloody looking, as well adding the cool bump mapped skin and veins! You can see how it will actually look in FP-BAM on the right.

The hard part will be figuring out how to animate this guy since he doesn't have "arms"...which makes using Mixamo for auto rigging and animation not possible, until I figure out another solution.

View attachment 19816

Grey Children

This is also a bit tricky because there are no detailed models to use from the original game as Silent Hill 1 was on PS1 which looks like this. :)

View attachment 19817

So I decided to find other models that I could use that were close enough, and maybe distort them to look more like the movie version. Here's what I have so far on the left compared to the movie on the right. I found a Resident Evil monster model, used Mixamo to auto-rig it into a T Pose...then used Blender to sacle the head to be bigger and twist it a bit.

Yes, I know it looks more like Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th Part 1 (when he jumped out of the lake)... but it's the best I can do unless a better option comes along. :)

View attachment 19815

...and more monsters yet to come!

Foggy Town

Silent Hill the game and movie changes from foggy to the darkness / otherworld version of the same location. I "intend" to do the same for this table. How well that will work out we'll have to see.

This is where I am at currently with the foggy town look. This will be changing as you progress throughout the game.

View attachment 21160

There is MUCH more to do and see... I promise you, you haven't seen anything like this in virtual pinball before!

@Gimli @GeorgeH @AnonTet @NitroNimbus @ravarcade @polygame @JLou5641 @Paolo @smoke @shiva @Gin

Silent Hill (PinEvent) - The Grand Hotel - full gameplay

(note - graphic content included)

The next chapter of Silent Hill (PinEvent) takes us to the mysteries of The Grand Hotel, Room 111, and the Sacrificial Chamber. Then you must survive MONSTER MULTIBALL and get to the Church!

I've been sick for the last 2 months, so progress on getting this done has been SLOW... but I finally have the Grand Hotel levels completed!

I also included a new MONSTER MULTIBALL mode. This is a bit different in that you are trying to "escape" the 5 ball multiball mode. If you drain to only 1 ball left, the game will continue to feed you 4 more balls! You need to hit the Armless Monster many times, and also evade the Grey Children many times, while also trying not to hit Pyramid Head! He no like that!

I've also added some new random ambient / scary sounds that will go off when you least expect them. If you have a SSF setup... you'll hear creepy things screaming inside your cabinet! If you have a Home Theatre 5.1 / 7.1 setup, then you will hear them all around you!

Next, I will start working on the Hospital levels. This, like the school, will probably end up being pretty big, so we'll see how that turns out. One thing for sure... it will have nurses and be friggin' creepy!

It's really hard to believe that we see is from an old engine game!!! Very very impressive! Need to see it in real.. But we could think this is more a new PBFX3 table with a current gen engine than a FP table. Incredible Graphics ! Congrats!

Hey Terry, itching to play this amazing looking game. Been a while since you posted on here. Is there any updates on your work and release. Silent Hill has always been my favorite franchise. All your Youtube videos look amazing.

Hey Terry, itching to play this amazing looking game. Been a while since you posted on here. Is there any updates on your work and release. Silent Hill has always been my favorite franchise. All your Youtube videos look amazing.

I had a stroke a while back, so I needed to take a break from Silent Hill, and decided to do smaller easier updates for a while.

Once I have all current PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs updated to the new V2 standard.... I'll be back to working on Silent Hill.

I had a stroke a while back, so I needed to take a break from Silent Hill, and decided to do smaller easier updates for a while.

Once I have all current PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs updated to the new V2 standard.... I'll be back to working on Silent Hill.
Terry,

I am sorry to hear you're going through some health issues as well. It isn't fun and I know it all too well.....

GORGEOUS work sir. I WISH my 1932 Gottlieb Lucky Horseshoe Jr. (it's what I'm currently working on right now with Five Star Final also by Gottlieb) could hold up to those images! I know it wouldn't even come close! WOW.

I've done some flippered work in the past but it doesn't even come close.

Of course I don't use Future Pinball, just Visual Pinball.

Hats off to you sir and hoping and praying you make a speedy recovery!

d

Last edited:

Sorry about that. It is the first I have heard.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad to have you still with us and hope you have a speedy recovery. I wish you all the best and truly appreciate what you give us.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad to have you still with us and hope you have a speedy recovery. I wish you all the best and truly appreciate what you give us.

Everytime I see your name I just want to say...

Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, better
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh

Everytime I see your name I just want to say...

Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, better
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh
lol. I get that a lot.. Use to be whenever I got into a game chat someone would always do that. Now a days, I have people ask me about the name. I have to facepalm and think who were your parents??? lol

Sorry to hear about the stroke.
Fam member just had one, pretty bad. Can keep balance and vision loss.

OK... I'm chalking this up to being "pinball-related".
🙂

After so many years of absence, rumors, disappointments, and cancellations of anything Silent Hill related by Konami...

HOLY FRIGGINS SHITTIN' AMAZE-BALLS!

A Silent Hill 2 remake game is coming!

New Silent Hill movie (from the creators of the "first" movie) is coming which is also based on Silent Hill 2

3 other Silent Hill games are coming!

This is pinball related because this is now REALLY going to inspire me to get the Halloween and F-14 Pinevent V2 updates done, so I can get my ass back to working on my Silent Hill pinball game!

As a die-hard Silent Hill "fan"... today's announcements are almost hard to believe being true.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back