Help BAM Rotate/Tilt any FP object in Z direction?

madmrmax

Weeeeeee
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Does BAM have a function that enables me to rotate a FP object in Z direction? In looking at some of the plastics and surfaces in Theatre of Magic, I'm trying to figure out if I can just use a regular FP surface but tilt the surface. For example, the plastic that goes above the plunger lane ramp.
1702370964004.png
Or even the Tiger saw plastic
1702371010246.png

I'm guessing for the plastic above the ramp, I could just use another ramp, but the problem is that the plastic isn't just a rectangle plastic, it has a shape to it. I could easily use a FP surface and get the shape of the surface to be correct for the plastic, but getting it at the correct angle is where it falls apart.
1702371619195.png
I know the obvious answer is -- just create a model and use FPM, but (ideally) I'm trying to avoid dealing with scale and metrics challenges (not to mention texture mapping) that always seem to take up too much time to get it right.

Does BAM have a function that enables me to rotate a FP object in Z direction?
With the mini-playfield function(sorry if I'm repetitive with the mp), you can do anything you want, grab the surface and enlarge it, resize it, and rotate it as you want......with the "calculate center" mode it is easier to catch the object (which has a name via an automatic capture code) and then take it wherever you want.
With the traditional way, however, it is a little more complicated and I have almost never used it I still have to understand how to insert the MP coordinates of the object on the point from where it is located in order to be able to catch it, instead of doing it manually

send me the surfaces already modeled with the texture, I'll try to get them for you, so I'll send you a demo with the code and some explanations that will help you understand.

As you have seen my latest tables, I insert the "gameroom" with the same technique, in DK I caught the hologram of the flames, so it is a valid solution

in 3d model if you want it flat, I can do it, and it is not a problem to insert the texture

Last edited:
Here's another example of how you can turn the surface......same way as before

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back