Help PC Lag and doubling on Pup Packs.

eracet

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
ACDC
I have multiple problems lately and been trying to sort them out. Here it goes
Running a windows 11 machine with nvidia 980 500GB HDD,16 GB ram a few USB devices on legends pinball.
When I run a pup pack, Sonic , F14 etc. it has lag. And when I do an alt/tab I see that it is running the regular backglass, dmd, playfield, and the Pup backglass, dmd.
Then when I exit the table as usual, it still wants to run the regular dmd and doesn't close.

Be sure your pup displays are set to display on your second screen correctly. Then be sure you are also disabling the FP Backbox when using pup-packs (so it doesn't cover the pup-pack or cause focus problems). Using my "Start FP - PinEvent" files will do that for you (if not using a front-end)... and if using Popper then my Popper and Baller Installer Tips Guide will sho0w you how.

If after that, you still have some performance issues, try disabling ray cast shadows in the table script in TABLE OPTIONS section near the top.

I use pinup popper , and that is where I see the issues. Have your installer and guides downloaded. Thought I had it all installed correctly, but probably missing something. Will post if I still have issues.

I tested after doing sonic with pupevent, and disabled defaults and worked great. All closed correctly with no doubling . Will test the other ones as well. Thank you !

Last edited:
I use pinup popper , and that is where I see the issues. Have your installer and guides downloaded. Thought I had it all installed correctly, but probably missing something. Will post if I still have issues.

Every PinEvent table comes with install instructions that tells you that you need to disable the FP Backbox and Arcade mode when using pup-packs, and mentions that you can see examples how to do so in the Popper and Baller Installer Tips Guide. You need to take an extra step in Popper's Games Manager to make that happen per table (shown in that guide).

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back