installation pin up popper.

fourbanks

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
cyclone
i'm finding that my pup packs work one day and not the next. Is this a computer ram fault or something my end with the installation pin up popper. My gut feeling it's the table itself, as Terry tables always work as they should. The tables in question are the Munster's and Harry Potter, both VP.

Thanks

Last edited:
i'm further thinking it's the 32 bit and my graphic card of 4 GB is a bit on the low side. i'm OK on the processor at 3.7 and 16GB of ram
hopefully it will improve when the 64 bit has got to the stage of being the norm

Having now gone through in more fine detail, my VP pup packs now work at all times. The reason for only working now and then is that on closing the tables they have not been closing and staying in process of which only one is allowed. As to why they stay in process on closing is anyone's guess

Create a batch file to make user the vpx processes are killed at exit (I do the same for FP).
Here's an example from my launcher that you can adapt if you wish.

I've already commented USBdview lines because they are, usually, not of interest. The purpose is not constantly (un)plug a few USB devices, in this case, U360 analogue joysticks, so I disabled them. The caveat, run as admin so I always need to say YES in the UAC escalation popup. window.
But as they might be useful here they are.

@echo off
rem "C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /disable_by_pid "d209;"
timeout /t 2 /nobreak

echo.
echo ---------------------------------------------------------------
echo This windows should close automatically AFTER you exit the game
echo.

c:
cd "C:\Emus\VPX\"
"VPinballX-10.8.0-775.exe" /play %1

echo LIST and KILL VPX process

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq VPinballX*"
taskkill /f /im "VPinballX*"

rem "C:\Tools\USBDeview\USBDeview.exe" /runasadmin /enable_by_pid "d209;"

rem pause
You only need the bold part

Create a batch file to make user the vpx processes are killed at exit (I do the same for FP).
Here's an example from my launcher that you can adapt if you wish.

I've already commented USBdview lines because they are, usually, not of interest. The purpose is not constantly (un)plug a few USB devices, in this case, U360 analogue joysticks, so I disabled them. The caveat, run as admin so I always need to say YES in the UAC escalation popup. window.
But as they might be useful here they are.

You only need the bold part
And save this file where and with what ext?

Edit the paths and put it wherever. For practical reasons I have it in the same folder of vox.
It is a .bat file, sorry. And you call the batch file instead of the .exe.

Edit the paths and put it wherever. For practical reasons I have it in the same folder of vox.
It is a .bat file, sorry. And you call the batch file instead of the .exe.
So the complete code is what you won't be to use as the batch file is :)
as always many thanks

Just copy all that code into a new file. Rename to <name>.bat you should be good to go.
BTW, if you drag a .vpx file on top of it it'll launch the table too. :)

@echo off
timeout /t 2 /nobreak

echo.
echo.

c:

rem pause

@echo off
timeout /t 2 /nobreak

echo.
echo.

c:

rem pause

You should probaly remove the REM(arked) lines (in bold) to avoid future accidents. REM are just like comments so they're not doing anything but just in case, to avoid editing accidents in the future, you should probably delete them.

The underlined lines have to be edited to reflect your install path c: (your install drive), cd (your VPX install path) and the .exe (vpx executable name)

Do you know anything about pin event? In one of my pup packs, in order to display the pup video a pop-up tells me to look in the pin event script folder to make sure that the settings are correct. I don't have a script folder

Of course, you have a scripts folder FP/Scripts ;)
I suppose that error means you need the most recent .vbs files from pinevent but more than this, I can't help.

/edit actually, I think in TerryRed's Megaguide you have a link to them...

1679837447078.png

I would attach these but I'm not sure if they're up to date and may break your installation. I just have them so scripts that called them to see them but do not use them.

Last edited:
Of course, you have a scripts folder FP/Scripts ;)
I suppose that error means you need the most recent .vbs files from pinevent but more than this, I can't help.

/edit actually, I think in TerryRed's Megaguide you have a link to them...

View attachment 36763

I would attach these but I'm not sure if they're up to date and may break your installation. I just have them so scripts that called them to see them but do not use them.
i have just done a fresh installation of bam and the script folder, like in this screenshot was not there
i have had to put it there, ScreenHunter 283.jpg it's not like yours

Yes, just like that. If it still doesn't work this is where my SSF / DOF /PUP knowledge ends, I'm sorry.

And they never will be on a fresh BAM install. Those files are NOT part of FP/BAM so you'll have to do that every time you do a fresh install, which you rarely need, fortunately.

This is my pin up folder

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 284.jpg
    ScreenHunter 284.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 4
i stated in my first post that terry's tables all work. i'm now not so sure, as the pups don't work on Halloween - Big Bloody Mike (1.6 - PinEvent V2, FizX) and i have my doubts on the other tables? Yes, pictures of the films are displayed like in jaws, but they're still displayed if the pup pack for that table have been removed

For me it's just the same as speaking mandarin. I don't have a clue, i'm sorry.
Do check TerryRed Megaguide.

For me it's just the same as speaking mandarin. I don't have a clue, i'm sorry.
Do check TerryRed Megaguide.
i have gone through that many times dot for dot a good year or more and the same with Davids (nail busters) tutorials and at this time i can confirm that all of my vpx pup works but i have doubt that Terry's table pup packs are working. The tables work no problem

There is something not right my end, and that's normal for me, but i will work it out at some point that you can be sure of as i always do. i'm a Microsoft MVP connect adviser, and most of my work for free is troubleshooting windows independently on behalf of Microsoft. The skilled people at Microsoft always say canned responses instead of troubleshooting via remote with the likes of myself, so that in itself shows you they're not that good, hence the many problems that crop up each month /year after year if they spent more time with me things would be a whole load better

You can see in this screenshot, i don't have this in my pin event in the scripts' folder for checking and that's why i believe the future pup packs aren't working?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 285.jpg
    ScreenHunter 285.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 5
Now that I see that screen make sure you have those options in the tables that are not working and that they are set to TRUE

Now that I see that screen make sure you have those options in the tables that are not working and that they are set to TRUE
i don't have those scripts in the pin event folder to check? As per screenshot above

Load a table that you have problems with in FP, open the script and look for "pup_ssf_enabled" and there should be other options around it. Make sure those options are set to TRUE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back