how to make the name input box to appear?

jerpami

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
medieval madness
sometimes when i play a table and my game is over the table itself plays the sounds for a name input , but sometimes the special green name input box of future pinball does not a appear, softlocking the game, i have this happening in both vr and desktop modes, i always closed my game afterwards not filling in any name but is there a certain button to make it appear again? it bummed me out that i archieved a really high score to then not having the name input screen appear and bugging out?

edit: also when it happens it just stays like that , the only way how i can always fix it is by just taking the bam zip file and replacing all the files until it happens again , i am sure there is a better way to fix it though

What is the name of the table that had this problem? What was your approximate high score? Has this happened to other tables?

i dunno what exactly causes it , it happens to all my games from time to time but i mostly notice it on my medieval game , more specifically the ultimate edition 1.02-2

Did your high score approach 2 billion points?

never really could see my end score even the screen on the cabinet itself glitches out, it does not show anything might be because the score always appears in the input screen , will play a game soon, i will check what happens making note of the score

Future Pinball has a limit of 2 billion points until it goes into "Overflow". It produces a message saying something about high score overflow and the game stops. I don't remember the exact message.

I think might be what is happening. There is a BAM code that can be added to the script that expands the overflow point to several trillion.

any link to those scripts? , medieval madness is a high scoring game lots of ways to get multiballs and jackpots

I explain how to add it in my guide. Read the section "High Score Overflow":

I don't know what version of medieval madness you have but I have already added the the code to my version:

Last edited:
hmm thats weird that the exact table i use , so then that menu input disappearing is weird , i will play a game today to see if i can get it to softlock again to show you what i mean ... if it glitches i hope

I played a game to a high score on medieval madness and had no problem with the high score.

The only other thing I can say is that there is a High Score setting in BAM. When you play a game, open the BAM menu and arrow down to Plugins and press enter. Then arrow down to Plugin: and press the right arrow key until you see the option for high scores and make sure the option is set to yes. It is more than likely already set to yes. I don't have any other ideas.

ok i dont know man it really weird its also not a specific table , but now the name input did appear , still havent figured out what causes it , from now on i will keep my recording software in the ready to record it when its happening again , for now i did play a match and it indeed appeared.

still thanks for the plugin menu , maybe if the menu glitches out again i can fix it this way , thank you for your wonderful table , its my most played table in future pinball and specially the lighting is awesome in vr, heres hope fizx will get added to your version someday :D ( i know there is a different version with fizx enabled but the ball seems to get stuck in the catapult rail)

thanks for helping with the troubleshooting

ok maybe its just me being a fool , it gives the song and the sound "aah what skill" but no menu and the cabinet display goes on nothing started to press random buttons on my mouse and the screen turned back on with it saying game over , might just be a bug and giving me the sounds off a high score input even though there might not be enough score for filling in a spot in the high score list , those sounds probably fooled me it bugged out, will check further if this is the case.

edit: this is the case, it gives of the sound and song of a name input but indeed the score it too low for a score input, i feel so sorry for the inconvience i have given you but it really fooled me multiple times thinking it was a bug

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back