Support File George's Installation and Setup Guide for Future Pinball and BAM (Beginners Start Here!)

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
Translate to French or Other LanguageClick on the link on the left and a new tab will open with this page translated into French. Click on the "To:" pull-down option to select a different language.

This guide was written to help anyone that is new to Future Pinball. This guide has basic installation and setup information. This guide is strictly for Future Pinball and BAM but no other programs. However, this guide is all you need if you want to install Future Pinball on a desktop or laptop PC with single or dual monitors. TerryRed has set up guides that are specific to cabinet users and includes a discussion of other programs you will need. One of the guys on the forum has advised others to start with this guide and then review Terry's guide. This guide explains everything at a very elementary level and makes no assumptions that you know how to do anything. It has been broken apart into different segments. Click on the following links that are arranged in order:

George's Installation and Setup Guide for Future Pinball (Basic Guide)

George's Installation and Setup Guide for Better Arcade Mode (BAM)

George's Installation and Setup Guide for Future Pinball (Intermediate Guide)

Create Shortcuts to Play Tables / Setting Up Right Click Context Menu

BAM Tips and Tricks
This topic has directions for:
Updating BAM to a New Version (using the zip file)
How to Change Save Location for "Snapshot Utility"
How to Set Up Ball "Trails"
High Score Overflow
Performance Monitor

George's Installation and Setup Guide for Future Pinball (Advanced Guide)

A unique feature is that each of the guides has a link at the top of the posting that translates the posting into French. Clicking on the translate link will open a new tab in your web browser with the translation as shown in the screenshot below. After the new tab opens, you can click on "To:" to change the translation to a different language (see the red arrow in the screenshot).

Translate.png

Last edited:
That's Great @GeorgeH there is many details. I have not seen all, but i do think it's great. A+

Is there way to make flowchart of FPT where it goes as right now standstill because I download FPT and BAM and everything went to HELL! Trying load the tables then disappear maybe you could help, I am desktop user. @GeorgeH I remember Go pinball.com read a lot from your post on that . I am thinking doing future pinball.exe stand-alone see if that problem, if not that issue, next is BAM, testing it, I wanted tried PinUp popper first I got get all my visual pin working then future pin. Thank for reading👍🏻😊😏

Is there way to make flowchart of FPT where it goes as right now standstill because I download FPT and BAM and everything went to HELL! Trying load the tables then disappear maybe you could help, I am desktop user. @GeorgeH I remember Go pinball.com read a lot from your post on that . I am thinking doing future pinball.exe stand-alone see if that problem, if not that issue, next is BAM, testing it, I wanted tried PinUp popper first I got get all my visual pin working then future pin. Thank for reading👍🏻😊😏

I think it is best to install both BAM and FP at the same time using the 2in1 installer that you can download here:

https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/FP-BAM-setup.exe

The only complaint about it that I have ever read on the forums is that it does not always contain the most current version of BAM.

You can check if the 2-in-1 installer has the latest version (I personally don't recall this ever happening though) if you go to FP/BAM folder and right click BAM.dll file and press "Properties". Then press the "Details" tab and there you should see the version. If not the same as in ravarcade's website, just download the most recent from there.

With the .zip file you download you can do this in 2 ways. If you just run the 2-in-1 installer, just unzip the most recent version over the current BAM FP/BAM folder and overwrite everything.

if you already used and have configured it, backup the current BAM.dll and after that overwrite it with the new one.

Anyone please correct me if i'm missing something. I usually do it like that and it has been fine for me but as we all know, YMMV :)

I do explain how to update BAM from the ZIP file here:

Thank you for everyone. 2-1 Package and reinstall it strange I put video on low settings that seem the problem so I put it back to (medium)default I got some tables working no error message once a while tables it disappeared what latest Physics ?? It backward compatible with old tables? Once again Thank you.

@GeorgeH I read on pinsimdb.org I had so many I had zip it up maybe you could explain . I downloaded manual 665 page it was insane, this was your post should I unzip
Zed 1.11 executable file because it has the best better memory management. Most of the guys on the GoPinball forum that replace the executable file, use the 2.6, 2.7 or the Zed 1.11 versions.

2.5 slamtilt rubbers
2.5 Release 2
Zedpinball Physics v1.0_x32_x64
Zedpinball Physics v1.11_x32_x64

@GeorgeH I read on pinsimdb.org I had so many I had zip it up maybe you could explain . I downloaded manual 665 page it was insane, this was your post should I unzip
Zed 1.11 executable file because it has the best better memory management. Most of the guys on the GoPinball forum that replace the executable file, use the 2.6, 2.7 or the Zed 1.11 versions.

2.5 slamtilt rubbers
2.5 Release 2

I should probably update my posting there. It is not really necessary to use the alternate executables now. Rafal provided a version of BAM quite a while back that fixed a memory leak and I have found the Zed version doesn't really help much anymore. The 64 bit version of the Zed executable had a better way of handling memory even though it is not a true 64 bit program. I don't use it anymore because the lighting is not as good as the original version and it can cause serious problems for cabinet users.

There is a method of removing watermarks. Search for "There is a method for removing the watermark or splash screens" in the guide linked below:

2.5 slamtilt rubbers
2.5 Release 2

I just read TerryRed's post at the link below. He has found a patch that apparently does the same memory change as the Zed version without all the problems.

Terry's mods to tables tend to test the limits of PCs abilities so you may need to use this on his tables. You probably won't need it on most tables.

I have finished removing all the links to GoPinball and PinSimDB from all the guides. I verified all the links to other pages work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back