FizX v3.0 Physics for Future Pinball - Coming very soon!

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
FizX V3 for FP.png

FizX v3.0 - Physics for Future Pinball - Coming very soon!

@JLou5641 has created a massive new update for FizX physics (v3.0)! This is a complete rebuild, that improves FizX in every way. If you thought v2.0 made a big difference... you will love how 3.0 plays! I didn't think it could get this much better on FP... but it did!

• new! Flipper Nudging! (when a ball rolls on a flipper, rapidly tap the opposite flipper to nudge ball back down the flipper)
  • independent settings for each flipper
  • new coil system based on the new custom BAM FSRC
  • new EOS system which keeps flipper momentum on the first stroke. Huge improvement on backhand shots and post passes!
  • new bouncing setting which is easier to understand and set
  • new Flipper Omega and Mass System
  • new ball vs ball physics setting. Ball hitting other ball has more bounce
  • new PHYSICS XML settings
  • new Ball Spinning Momemtum absorption and bounce deflect on hit for Flipper and Rubber
  • Tap pass and Tap shots are much easier
  • table slope and other new settings are now defined in FizX General Settings

....maybe other stuff ...

To put it simply... all the quirks from FizX v2.0 have been fixed. Flippers have full power now when they should. Post passing, and backhands are easy and correct now.

Flipper Nudging is a real thing now, as long as the ball isn't rolling too fast on the flipper (the nudge strength can be adjusted in FizX settings).

All PinEvent V2 tables will get updated for FizX v3.0, and so will the many PinEvent Lite table updates that are coming soon!

I may have a video preview coming soon enough...

So much going on! (clapping hands) Thank you all!

I'd be curious, as I thought FizX was very realistic, especially with lower table angels.

I want to add that performance wise is a lot better as well.

Though I have to say, being able to set FSRC settings per flipper means their behavior falls off the physics engine naturally thus giving a more natural (and configurable) feel.

Does the name convention will be the same?
Because, as I have 4-5 tables to finish or convert, I can begin and wait for the code.

Does the name convention will be the same?
Because, as I have 4-5 tables to finish or convert, I can begin and wait for the code.

I am updating the AIO Example table post right now, and will explain the main differences.

....and done. Read here for new info on the new AIO Example table and FizX v3.0

Please everyone note, that the new AIO Example table with FizX v3.0 is not the same as FizX Lite. Their code is not compatible or interchangeable!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back