FizX Lite: Nudging/Tilt and Bumper Randomness

FireDragon76

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Spirit of 76
I am working on Franz Leo's SuperAndroid 2 to put FizX Lite in it. The original design had alot of fun physics elements, like invisible ramps to keep the ball on the wires. Overall, it plays very similar to the Epic Pinball version in the DOS days, the shot difficulty is very similar (which surprised me), but there are a few issues I see:

I am noticing is that you can nudge the table alot and it rarely tilts, and this doesn't seem quite right. Also, the bumpers and slingshots aren't always random (BTW, at the moment I am not using the diverters, I figured it was pointless until I saw how the game performed without them).

Attachments

• SuperAndroid_v2.00 FizX.fpt
    13.5 MB · Views: 1
The only way to change randomness is through the settings in the XML. You might try Gimli's nudge system:

I am noticing a problem with the table: there's a fake subway gobblehole and occasionally when the ball drains, I get an error message about "Tracked Balls".

Also, the ball tends to stick on a diverter switchup on the left wire ramp. I think this is due to FizX being so demanding. The table probably would need some work on the wires, so that part of the ramp doesn't stick out and nudge the ball (slowing it down and allowing kinetic friction to act on it- you can even hear the wire hitting the ball with the FizX sound code).

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back