Custom Balls and Fizx Ball sounds disappearing

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
'hzr cb 'KickerSave.CreateBall
Call CreateCustomBall(KickerSave, DefaultBall, 13.5, 70, 1.0)
Else
BallsOnPlayfield = BallsOnPlayfield + 1
'KickerSave.CreateBall
Call CreateCustomBall(KickerSave, DefaultBall, 13.5, 70, 1.0)
BallSaverTimer.Set TRUE, 100 ' turn off the ball saver onced used...
End If

I used part pf terrys script from halloween to do a texture swap, but I have n ball rolling sounds.
am I missing something?

======================================================

' Define Custom Balls

Dim AllowCB
Dim DefaultBall
Dim GreenBall
Dim RedBall
Dim SilverBall
Dim YellowBall
Dim BlueBall
Dim OrangeBall
Dim Orange
Dim BallColor

' DEFINE BALL TEXTURES

Dim GreenBall_452_ColorMap
Set GreenBall_452_ColorMap = xBAM.GetTexture("GreenBall_452_ColorMap")
GreenBall_452_ColorMap.normalMap = "GreenBall_452_NormalMap"
GreenBall_452_ColorMap.normalMapScale = -2
GreenBall_452_ColorMap.SetSpecularColor 0, 0, 0

Dim YellowBall_452_ColorMap
Set YellowBall_452_ColorMap = xBAM.GetTexture("YellowBall_452_ColorMap")
YellowBall_452_ColorMap.normalMap = "YellowBall_452_NormalMap"
YellowBall_452_ColorMap.normalMapScale = -1
YellowBall_452_ColorMap.SetSpecularColor 0, 0, 0

Dim Orange_452_ColorMap
Set Orange_452_ColorMap = xBAM.GetTexture("Orange_452_ColorMap")
Orange_452_ColorMap.normalMap = "Orange_452_NormalMap"
Orange_452_ColorMap.normalMapScale = -1
Orange_452_ColorMap.SetSpecularColor 0, 0, 0

Dim RedBall_452_ColorMap
Set RedBall_452_ColorMap = xBAM.GetTexture("RedBall_452_ColorMap")
RedBall_452_ColorMap.normalMap = "RedBall_452_NormalMap"
RedBall_452_ColorMap.normalMapScale = -1
RedBall_452_ColorMap.SetSpecularColor 0, 0, 0

Dim BlueBall_452_ColorMap
Set BlueBall_452_ColorMap = xBAM.GetTexture("BlueBall_452_ColorMap")
BlueBall_452_ColorMap.normalMap = "BlueBall_452_NormalMap"
BlueBall_452_ColorMap.normalMapScale = -1
BlueBall_452_ColorMap.SetSpecularColor 0, 0, 0

'Silverball = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "Ball_A_452", "Ball_A_334", "Ball_A_269")
GreenBall = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "GreenBall_452_ColorMap", "GreenBall_334", "GreenBall_269")
YellowBall = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "YellowBall_452_ColorMap", "YellowBall_334", "YellowBall_269")
Orange = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "Orange_452_ColorMap", "Orange_334", "Orange_269")
RedBall = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "RedBall_452_ColorMap", "RedBall_334", "RedBall_269")
BlueBall = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall (255, 255, 255, "BlueBall_452_ColorMap", "BlueBall_334", "BlueBall_269")

DefaultBall = DefaultBall

' ############## Custom Balls Script T.R ###############

Function CreateCustomBall ( Source, BallName, Radius, Mass, Opacity )
xBAM.BallRadius = Radius
xBAM.BallMass = 8000 'DEFAULT 8000
xBAM.BallOpacity = Opacity
Dim bi
Set bi = xBAM.BallManager.CreatCustomBall(BallName)
Source.CreateBall bi.Red, bi.Green, bi.Blue, bi.BallNumber
AddDebugText "["&xBAM.BallID&"]"

Dim ball
Set ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(Source.X, Source.Y)
Set CreateCustomBall = ball
End Function

' PER.. TERRY RED - P.S - Thank You
' ################### PUP Plug-in: Texture Swaps and Animations ##################

' - used on all objects where the normal BAM texture swapping commands won't work (like ornaments, ramps, etc)
' - can be used to swap textures with pretty much anything
' - replacement textures that are not used on any surface or object must be added to an Image Sequence (so BAM can "see" it)
' - note, that EVERY texture you are swapping (to and from) needs to use GetTextureId to fetch the texture
' - then you simply just need to use the ReplaceTexture command to replace each texture
' - keep in mind... this will replace the texture on ALL objects / surfaces that use it, so you may need uniquely named textures
' - you must SAVE the table after adding new textures before running the table or this may not work!
' - any changes made to the source texture (brightness, colour, etc) will effect the swapped out texture!

' **** Initialize the pup plug-in ****

Dim PuP_Plug_Tex

Set PuP_Plug_Tex = xBAM.Get("PuPPlugin")
If PuP_Plug_Tex Is Nothing Then
AddDebugText "PuP Plugin is missing"
Else
AddDebugText "PuP Plugin has started"
End if

The ball textures work, but lost sounds??

Look for the word "channel" in the script.
Make sure the one configured in the table options is not used by something else (search playmusic [insert channel number here]

If you use any captive balls, they need to use a different function. You might want to look through my guide here:

Terry uses bump maps on the balls. My guide doesn't explain how to do that. Do your custom balls need bump maps?

Anontet, ball sounds worked fine until I added custom balls.

George, yes they use bumpmaps, eg colormap / normalmap

damnit,... its aggravating, every time I et something working, something else f**** up.

Customball code itself has nothing to do with sound aopart from what georgeh mentions.
I had the same problem with bally spectrum btw. But this one is ongoing so I'll probably need the solution found here if I ever come back to that table.

Run the table in Debugger mode (F9) and see what it's telling you regarding the ball sounds. Also... are you using the newest AIO code?

thanks,
it was a section of code I moved when cleaning things up.
not sure why but it needed it before I defined all the custom balls.
i ran debugger, but it wasnt really giving the info I needed, so I started doing a control Z,
I hadent closed the table out so my undos were stilll in memory. )

Run the table in Debugger mode (F9) and see what it's telling you regarding the ball sounds. Also... are you using the newest AIO code?
yes, but it was the custom ball script i used from your halloween, I moved part of it, it shouldnt have mattered but I messed somthing up.
all back to normal now.
BTW, ,I sent you some things in a conversation message on here. check it out

Yes, some parts of code do need to be in particular orders in the table script depending on what it relies on. This will vary for each table

I still suggest you open a version of the table you started with and search for CreateCaptiveBall. It may be used even if the ball is not actually captive. If you find any, you need to use the function code for it.

I still suggest you open a version of the table you started with and search for CreateCaptiveBall. It may be used even if the ball is not actually captive. If you find any, you need to use the function code for it.
Got it. All was working, it was the code switching the custom map textures

I hadent closed the table out so my undos were stilll in memory. )

Beware that this alone can cause problems. Save often, backup, CLOSE FP and then start again. I know it is a pain but from textures to physics it will cause issues and this is a fact.
I know it is a pain, but I want to avoid an "I told you so" after you spent hours debugging something that was fine to begin with...

I found that out doing texture swapping wetc, sometimes it just gets goofy, i even reboot at times , delete all cfg and fpram file also.
ESP doing bump maps and holograms, image losts etc.
is there a way to remove multiple textures from the list without clicking the discard unused items?> I tried holing shift control etc...

If you find a way let us know. It's one of the biggest annoyances EVER :D
is there a way to remove multiple textures from the list without clicking the discard unused items?> I tried holing shift control etc...
Whoever finds a way to do that will get free beer for life :D

I found that out doing texture swapping wetc, sometimes it just gets goofy, i even reboot at times , delete all cfg and fpram file also.
ESP doing bump maps and holograms, image losts etc.

For texture swapping to work.... create an Image List, and add all textures that are swapped to that list (I just add all textures, its easier). Then SAVE the table, then close the table, and reload the table and test. BAM needs FP to "see" the textures for swapping to work, and this is by far the quickest and easiest way to do it.

I have used Terry's way myself and it works. I used to save textures to surfaces on the playfield but image lists are simpler. One of the problems with FP that we have to work around is textures are not loaded into memory unless they are saved to an object or image list even if they are saved to the texture manager. When you use texture swapping, the texture name may only appear in the script. Having the name in the script is not enough to make it load the texture into memory. It has to be added to an object or image list. When you don't have a texture loaded into memory, the texture swap may simply produce a white object. It is a way that FP cuts back on memory usage.

Audio files are different. They may appear on some objects but not all of the files are. Many only appear in the script. In this case, FP loads every audio file that is in the sound and music managers into memory when the table starts, whether it is used or not. Evidently, the developers were unable to scan the script for file names. I suspect it would make an already slow process much slower.

I get that, image list.

lets say I have 50 key frames in the texture editor.
i want to delete frame 30 through 45 it doesnt let you shift click 30 then shift click 45 then delete.

THIS IS FRICKIN ANNOYING... Anontet hit it on the nose

i usually delete or rem ( ' ) the script calling those textures run the table, then delete all unused. then re add the ones I want.

I get that, image list.

lets say I have 50 key frames in the texture editor.
i want to delete frame 30 through 45 it doesnt let you shift click 30 then shift click 45 then delete.

THIS IS FRICKIN ANNOYING... Anontet hit it on the nose

i usually delete or rem ( ' ) the script calling those textures run the table, then delete all unused. then re add the ones I want.

There is no way around that and you can only import 30 files at a time. There is a tool that lets you export all the files that are in the table but that is it. It doesn't delete then though.

That tool is already better than nothing because I rather start from scratch and import as needed than delete unused items 1 by 1.
What tool is that?

That tool is already better than nothing because I rather start from scratch and import as needed than delete unused items 1 by 1.
What tool is that?

It doesn't delete any files. It just exports them. I have attached it. There are directions in the readme file.

Attachments

• ``FPCompanion.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 3
It doesn't delete any files. It just exports them. I have attached it. There are directions in the readme file.

If this isn't posted here as a Resource yet.... it would be a good one to post.

If you find a way let us know. It's one of the biggest annoyances EVER :D

Whoever finds a way to do that will get free beer for life :D
Damnit, Im wanting that Never ending BEER!! )

Put them in libraries until you are final with the table.
You can put anything into a library right?
Hmmmm, im going to try that

Last edited:
Fpl works but it doesn't solve the problem. You still can't select a "block" and press delete

hmm, wonder how hard it would be to add it the the exe in visual studio,
thats beyond my means for now, to much other things going on to add that to the learning.
and its very agravating!!!! esp when you have like 20 you want to delete.
easier to start over, i started making a save just before i add them.

pretty sure ravarcade can do a lot but the problem was never that, is the legality of changing FP.exe consider the history that led to it's abandonment. Which is why we have BAM instead...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back