AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
So, I've been working on sound panning.
It's a crude solution but it works and the I have left and right sounds which add a bit more life to the table.

However, BAM allows COM extentions so we can script something to use FMOD audio functions which I'm sure, is much better my basic code.

BTW, FP uses this version of FMOD: https://github.com/jyunming-chen/fmod

Unfortunately my skills are not as advanced as I'd like so I wonder if anyone has the know-how about FMOD and COM extensions and is willing to take the challenge because I think it would be a nice improvement to FP.

I know nothing about FMOD, and I use COM to start and control PUP for SSF which allows for 3d positional audio and ball rolling in the front and rear sound channels (or side and back if using 7.1).

I can tell you that SSF for mechanical sounds with FP in 5.1 or 7.1, sounds amazing.

The ideia is not installing all of that just to have left /right sounds though. Or need a 7.1 rig

what is exactly FMOD?

Hi mate @AnonTet ,

Here the help file with all stuff needed... By reading this, it appear not more harder than coding FP....
Refering to fisrt page; adding this:

Code:
Sub FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, 0)
End Sub

Give and error,

but this:
Code:
Sub FSOUND_Init()
End Sub

Don't give an error..

Attachments

• FMOD.pdf
    420.3 KB · Views: 19
@JLou5641
I have no time to code at the moment. I'll have to redo the code I have to take advantage of FizX new code which I haven't even seen :(

But anything that takes more than 5m to look at and solve, it's impossible for me so it's on hold.

Good news though, I should "come back" earlier than I though, 1 month earlier to be more precis. Bad news is that still means only in January :(

Something is wrong with the file though. it opens but has no contents.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back