Assigning PSDB tables to the proper authors:

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
I see that something awesome is happening, i.e. Charles is doing a smashing job of uploading the PSDB tables to PN!

Naturally, my immediate thought is-- let's get them correctly assigned to the proper authors, yeah?

Me, I'd be willing to help research and assign them. Would that be okay?

Upvote 0
Xenonph has been manually uploading the files. He places the name of one of the table developers in the field of the author and the rest of the names go at the beginning of the text field. He probably doesn't know that this is your table and may not have remembered your user ID used to be "Wild".

Ok, so I understand that Xenonph is loading pinsim tables here on PN, (it's hard work) but him doesn't know who the authors or contributors of the table itself are, I understand correctly? however he is doing a great job and for sure he did not know that I am wild.

Therefore regarding my tables I have a request and I hope it will be accepted, obviously I have no intention of reopening old wounds, I had canceled all my resources in PN, in fact I wanted(during that time) to talk to @JonPurpleHaze about this decision of mine, but there no was the possibility to talk with him,I hope there will be soon.

My request (and I ask very kindly) not to upload or publish my tables, as many are old and to be updated (also in Bam) and then I would like to be able to upload my tables myself.So dear friend @xenonph (thanks for your effort) the tables with "Wild" please don't load them,I will do it myself in due time.

I also inform you.....there are a couple of tables where I am a collaborator (help) no author and are:
*two tables with Margoni
*Star Wars DSA BB-8 X-wing Ultimate Pro 1.03d BB8 (Gimli can confirm)
*Gladiators(GeorgeH mod)
*Shootanza(by poligame)

Then if it were possible, and I would say many thanks to you, if you would like to send me if it is also possible (via pm) the tables not, because I obviously have them,but the publications of my tables, since you have the archive as I remember it in pinsim ,thank you.

Edit:
ops ..... obviously these tables that I have listed with "*" you can load them, because I am not the author.

Last edited:
@Paolo so glad to see you comment here again!
Even though I have defected to VPX, I have always appreciated you and your talents.
Thought you also got lost in the matrix, glad to see your still active my friend, cheers!

Ok, so I understand that Xenonph is loading pinsim tables here on PN, (it's hard work) but him doesn't know who the authors or contributors of the table itself are, I understand correctly? however he is doing a great job and for sure he did not know that I am wild.

Therefore regarding my tables I have a request and I hope it will be accepted, obviously I have no intention of reopening old wounds, I had canceled all my resources in PN, in fact I wanted(during that time) to talk to @JonPurpleHaze about this decision of mine, but there no was the possibility to talk with him,I hope there will be soon.

My request (and I ask very kindly) not to upload or publish my tables, as many are old and to be updated (also in Bam) and then I would like to be able to upload my tables myself.So dear friend @xenonph (thanks for your effort) the tables with "Wild" please don't load them,I will do it myself in due time.

I also inform you.....there are a couple of tables where I am a collaborator (help) no author and are:
*two tables with Margoni
*Star Wars DSA BB-8 X-wing Ultimate Pro 1.03d BB8 (Gimli can confirm)
*Gladiators(GeorgeH mod)
*Shootanza(by poligame)

Then if it were possible, and I would say many thanks to you, if you would like to send me if it is also possible (via pm) the tables not, because I obviously have them,but the publications of my tables, since you have the archive as I remember it in pinsim ,thank you.

Xenonph lives in a time zone that is 2 hours earlier than mine. He is probably still at work but he has offered to delete tables as requested. He will probably respond later.

I could not imagine how many hours @xenonph has spent downloading, cataloging and storing the PinSinDB data base.
It is a huge commitment and an undertaking that should not be taken lightly.
It has to be commended.

There seems to be some negatives and positives and different ideas of how this should proceed.
Just spit balling here... but I have an idea!
It is going to save time stress and the 2005-2020 tables we posted and want to forget...

Why not start a request section.
PinSinDB Requests:
Hey, been looking for Psycho Pinball: Wild West (Sega Mega Drive, 1994)
Can you please add it to the list.

Then a list can be created of what people want, instead of 3000 tables of wasted space.
If PN is flooded with every PinSinDB table and resources it is creating unnecessary
storage, work and it will make this site basically impossible to navigate.

Appreciate' commitment and passion, but have to agree with the negative comments...
Not certain this will help PN in the future.
Lets keep it simple, if we want a table we can ask for it.
If we don't have a table from PinSinDB by now we don't know what we are missing, cheers!

@Paolo so glad to see you comment here again!
Even though I have defected to VPX, I have always appreciated you and your talents.
Thought you also got lost in the matrix, glad to see your still active my friend, cheers!
Hi @NitroNimbus ,how are you?

Yes, as long as I'm alive....:lol: sooner or later everyone gets lost in the matrix, the important thing is "we" to find the way out,my friend.
vpx or fp or vp,the important thing is that you have fun.

I could not imagine how many hours @xenonph has spent downloading, cataloging and storing the PinSinDB data base.
It is a huge commitment and an undertaking that should not be taken lightly.
It has to be commended.

There seems to be some negatives and positives and different ideas of how this should proceed.
Just spit balling here... but I have an idea!
It is going to save time stress and the 2005-2020 tables we posted and want to forget...

Why not start a request section.
PinSinDB Requests:
Hey, been looking for Psycho Pinball: Wild West (Sega Mega Drive, 1994)
Can you please add it to the list.

Then a list can be created of what people want, instead of 3000 tables of wasted space.
If PN is flooded with every PinSinDB table and resources it is creating unnecessary
storage, work and it will make this site basically impossible to navigate.

Appreciate' commitment and passion, but have to agree with the negative comments...
Not certain this will help PN in the future.
Lets keep it simple, if we want a table we can ask for it.
If we don't have a table from PinSinDB by now we don't know what we are missing, cheers!

I probably missed something, I can't read 6 months of topic, but your comment is worth noting, you are giving a serious suggestion on something discussed, but on some of your observations I am degre with you.

Ok, apparently @xenonph is paused, I don't know if it has seen my comments, but I think so, but I still see my table published........
Now I do not want to create problems, I have enough of my life, but still leave a table (in this case mine) in downloader that has already reached 9 see photo
Cattura8.JPG

It will not be productive or it will not be good eye as soon as it is removed too far in time.

This particular table Wrath of Olympus was one of the very first i built (like Wacky Races), i asked permission to make it in fp, since the original version is of vp, and now of VPX , which by the way I have to update.....and francisco helped me with the script during that time.

I would not like to prolong myself with other explanations, and frankly I do not feel like it, so I request it again, kindly do not load my tables, and please remove Wrath of Olympus from publication thanks.

Give @xenonph time Paolo. This is still not a paid job and yesterday it was Friday night :D

Give @xenonph time Paolo. This is still not a paid job and yesterday it was Friday night :D
Yes I understand,and as I said above that it is hard work what he is trying to do.....but forgive my pun......I don't think I should pay for an answer;)

You can support PN by donating though eheh

You can support PN by donating though eheh
Ironically ... I need donations to move forward in my real life, and I'm not kidding you!!!

I know mate. I was just kidding hence the "hehe"
We need to also smile. Can focus just on the negatives.

Sorry all.
I just got back online tonight.
I have deleted Wrath of Olympus table and will not upload any tables that have wild in the authors section.
No problem at all. We will respect your wishes, or any other authors.
I certainly did not know you were Wild.
Future Pinball is not my area of expertise, but I try to help when I can.
Again I apologize for the delay kind sir.
I have been offline since yesterday morning, working on my computer.
I know I am not the ideal person to upload these and try to assign the proper authors, as I said, Future Pinball is not my expertise.
But I am doing the best I can to help get this archive uploaded.

Thanks again.

Charles

Sorry all.
???????

Bene!!!! as I said above yours is hard work, and I'm sure everyone here( including me)will be grateful to you.....but

Your comment seems more like an outlet to me, and you certainly don't need to apologize for what you are doing, if you were offline, there are two or three other administrators who can help in this and other situations.

Obviously you could not have known that I am wild, but I assure you that many here know that Paolo / wild is the same person, and they maybe could inform you before, how (someone in particular) seeing wild in that table, he could inform you,that I had removed all my resources for a particular reason, which as I said above I still have not been able to discuss with Jon.

As you can see it is not a wish, and as a registered user here, I have contributed a lot in fp, and I have my reasons,for not to publish my tables.....and this, you, interpret it as my outlet.

Future Pinball is not my area of expertise, but I try to help when I can.
As I just wrote, everyone will be grateful, but advice if I can, if fp is not your area of expertise, very simple get help from those who are competent, believe me there are people here can do this.

There was a time that I proposed to help with these things (for the good of the site) and I started to assign tags to tables, and suggestions in the context of prefixes .... but then it happened, what happened .... and end of the story.

I know I am not the ideal person to upload these and try to assign the proper authors, as I said, Future Pinball is not my expertise.
like above!!

But I am doing the best I can to help get this archive uploaded.
and thank you very much friend!

I'll give you my advice if I can.....

If a (I repeat a) problem is the assignment of own author to the table, because you do not know, or you may not know who the real author or collaborator is (they are two different things, I think it is clear, right?) and the site does not it helps you because you can't put more than one author, then it's easy to put PinSimDB Archive as author, and then put all the names in the description.

Thanks and best wishes!

I forgot

Ops.......of course you should inquire and make sure that an author from that table is not registered here, and if he is registered here like me then better ask first.

There is also a friend of mine registered here who is now dead!!
I had opened a thread dedicated to him to honor him by loading his tables myself, and taking the commitment to remember him for the great Man end contribution he has given to fp, but I see that you are also loading his tables ..... obviously he is dead and can no longer speak.

Should I delete his tables also from the PinSimDB Archive?
I certainly do not want to offend anyone.
Anybody who doesn't want their tables included in this PinSimDB Archive, can request that their tables not be part of the preserved history that is represented in this archive. (But hard to do if you are not around anymore.)
I have not been just choosing the tables I want from the site, I have been uploading them all.
(Except when there is a double already uploaded here, or when requested not to be uploaded by authors.)
I have just been uploading them in the exact order they were uploaded at PinSimDB. Oldest on page 137, to newest, moving towards page 1.
Afterall it is an Archive of that site.
I made it to page 77 before I got offline and took small break yesterday morning.
Ike uploaded a Table Page Archive of the site, and I am going in exact order.

If you want me to remove your friends tables, just let me know the name and I will do it immediately my friend.
Also if you see anything else that is out of place, or you have a problem with anything, just let me know and I will help resolve it quickly.

Should I delete his tables also from the PinSimDB Archive?
Ok which archive are you talking about? to understand, which PinSimDB Archive is? the one you are creating here in Pn, or the archive where that you are taking the tables, that is the one of pinsim......?and a question if I may, where is... the original Pinsim archive located?

and regarding this thread

I see that
Cattura9.JPG

a request if it is possible
take the tables as an example from the photo on the right
on this page, there was the whole list of all the tables stored in numbered pages ..... now I remember that maybe it had reached 20 and maybe more.

pity that I have been out of fp for personal problems, and believe me I would have done this job myself and more, since it became known that pinsim or gopimball had to be closed

is it possible to load the image of the tables page? let me explain ... if you clicked on number 1 or 2 or 3 ....... the page of all the tables came out, like the photo on the right.....you could load them into that thread.

in this way, those who want to look for a table that does not remember, seeing it would be of great help.

Ok which archive are you talking about? to understand, which PinSimDB Archive is? the one you are creating here in Pn, or the archive where that you are taking the tables, that is the one of pinsim......?and a question if I may, where is... the original Pinsim archive located?

and regarding this thread

I see that

a request if it is possible

take the tables as an example from the photo on the right
on this page, there was the whole list of all the tables stored in numbered pages ..... now I remember that maybe it had reached 20 and maybe more.

pity that I have been out of fp for personal problems, and believe me I would have done this job myself and more, since it became known that pinsim or gopimball had to be closed

is it possible to load the image of the tables page? let me explain ... if you clicked on number 1 or 2 or 3 ....... the page of all the tables came out, like the photo on the right.....you could load them into that thread.

in this way, those who want to look for a table that does not remember, seeing it would be of great help.

I am sure he is talking about deleting it from here:

This download only has what you see below. The links to tables don't work. Xenonph is using it just to post the tables in the order that they used to posted on PinSimDB. He started on the last page and is working to the front so the order is displayed with the most recent table first, as it was on PinSimDB.

View attachment 31254

@Paolo
You said you had seen some tables I had uploaded that belonged to your friend who had passed away.

"There is also a friend of mine registered here who is now dead!!
I had opened a thread dedicated to him to honor him by loading his tables myself, and taking the commitment to remember him for the great Man end contribution he has given to fp, but I see that you are also loading his tables ..... obviously he is dead and can no longer speak."

I am talking about those particular tables.
If you want me to delete them, just give me the name of your friend. Here in post, or privately if you prefer.

When the uploading is completed, I plan on putting a notification that will only show in the PinSimDB Archive section, and maybe have a link to Ike's Page Archive.
I will also explain on the notification everything that is missing from this PinSimDB Archive, so when people see a missing table, they will know why, so they won't have to say"Hey you missed a table!!"
I will explain to everyone that copies of tables that were already uploaded here were skipped, and each Author who has asked to not have their tables uploaded as part of this Archive, had their wishes faithfully respected.
So far it has only been you and Popotte who have asked not to include your tables as part of the PinSimDB Archive.
Of course if any other Authors want their tables removed from this archive, we will respect their request, and their name will be added to the public notification of what is missing from this archive.

Thanks again for all you have done for this community!!
Your work is appreciated!!

Btw, since anyone uploading a table during this period might have their work quickly buried and unseen, it might be nice to create a public thread where such tables could be listed and linked for those who missed them.

Later, when the PSDB upload project is completely done, those tables could be bumped up to the top of the list, where they would have appeared, otherwise.

Note: all it takes to jump a table to the top of the latest list is to add any type of text update. Any of the 'approved authors' should be able to do that.

If you click the regular Future Pinball Section in Resources, It will also show the latest tables that were uploaded, that are not part of the PinSimDB collection.
Capture.PNG

If you click the regular Future Pinball Section in Resources, It will also show the latest tables that were uploaded, that are not part of the PinSimDB collection.
Yup, I was moreso advocating for recent uploaders, and for users in the habit of watching the overall resource list.

Up until now, it hasn't really been necessary for them to click on the FP section to view latest FP content, as most of the modern uploads are already FP-based. That, and they tend to be uploaded at a fairly modest rate.

So my suggestion was to create a solution based on the longstanding habits of the users. Cheers.

Great idea!!
I added a notice with links to recently uploaded items.

Thanks, @xenonph, for preserving this archive, as @GeorgeH has alluded to, some really great tables that should never be forgotten.

Checkout the video, great looking and sounding table!

Last edited:
Thanks, @xenonph, for preserving this archive, as @GeorgeH has alluded to, some really great tables that should never be forgotten.

Checkout the video, great looking and sounding table!

I have played it many times. It is a great table.

Here is a great table!!
I have had many ideas for table mods, that usually get created by someone else, before I have a chance to make them.
(Although this table was made before I even started table modding!!)
I still create my tables, if I think it will be better than what others upload, and if they release a great table, I cross the idea off my list of WIP's tables.
This is one of those tables.
(Although this one is made for Future Pinball, so I may still create a Planet of the Apes themed table in Visual Pinball!!)

Find Planet of the Apes by Daz for Future Pinball here..

Side Note:
There were about 3 entries at PinSimDB site, that were missing the upload. (There was no link to download anything.)
Well "Ladies of Comics Poker (Original) by cujopb" is one of these PinSimDB entries with missing download link.
In this case, I downloaded the table from Archive.org collection, and added it here. I think there are only 1 or 2 more entries like this.
So although they were missing on PinSimDB site, they will be added here as part of the archive.
The original file on Archive.org was over 350 MB's, and it included a version 1, 2, and 3. I removed the first 2 versions, and rezipped it.
Find Ladies of Comics Poker (Original) by cujopb for Future Pinball here..

There are alot of hidden treasures in this collection!!
Alot of Virtual Pinball history in these pages!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back