Any new suggestions for FEATURED RESOURCES?

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
I really like how XF (the new site-software since early 2020) does this up.

So, the way it works is-- staff (and I *think* us DL managers too?), can edit this list, such as to suggest our mutual picks for pure greatness upon the recent-ish stuff made in FP / VP for site visitors to check out. Now, currently, it's these:

Pretty good LIST, right?! :-D

Still, time relentlessly rocks on as it do, so... so I was thinking:

Any suggestion on recent and near-masterpieces that might be included in that special list there, mateys..?

Upvote 0
Not much of an update, but I didn't just forget this project.

Tracking down every possible instance where "halloween" applies turned out to be a project scrolling me through hundreds of tables. So far I've got 84 instances tagged, but I'm pretty sure it will get over the century mark, easily.

The good news is that come this Halloween (or maybe some event sooner, I don't know), we can finally implement Steve's idea of temporarily switching the featured tables to specific-event tables.

When that happens, I think it would be cool to hear what the userbase thinks about the experiment..

well you're in oz, with a completely different 'thanksgiving,' right?

Well, not really any sort of thing here yet, though the supermarkets like to do it.

Tagged a few pirate pinballs, I think anything older than VP9 is not really going to be a featured resource...

Tagged a few pirate pinballs, I think anything older than VP9 is not really going to be a featured resource...

Nice work; thank you, matey. :D

Personally, I see the tagging and the featuring of certain tables to be separate things.

For example, if any particular resource happens to be pirate-related (yaarr), I don't see why it shouldn't get a tag. After all, that's exactly what people interested in that tag probably want to see, right?

OTOH, when international Pirate Day rolls around (that's in around 2mos, isn't it?), then I agree that it would be best that only the cream of the crop should be temporarily included in featured resources.

Ian Taylor's brilliant Escape from Monkey Island is a bit of a poser I guess, in that AFAIK the last version was VP8. Still, my experiments with VP9 have shown that the main issue in upgrading seems to be in readjusting kicker strengths, which got weakened for some reason in VP9.

Point is-- I feel like one of should be able to get it working in v995 at least, without too much effort. IMO that one definitely belongs in the Pirate-featured.

Agree/disagree, matey?

What about having a set number that can be used for Featured Resources of the Week or Month?
Maybe set 2 or 3 slots aside just for this?
So any new tables uploaded will be featured for at least a week.
This will give everyone a fair chance of seeing their creation in the Featured section, while keeping the other slots for best of the best on special list.
We could rotate these out every week.

Last edited:
Still working on the Halloween tagging when I have time. Pretty close to 100 tables, now.

List of terms I've used so far is:

-halloween
-horror
-dracula
-frankenstein
-mummy
-zombie
-creature
-CFTBL
-nightmare
-13th
-dead
-muerte
-war worlds

@StevOz & @xenonph,
God, I hate you people!

Still working on the Halloween tagging when I have time. Pretty close to 100 tables, now.

List of terms I've used so far is:

-halloween
-horror
-dracula
-frankenstein
-mummy
-zombie
-creature
-CFTBL
-nightmare
-13th
-dead
-muerte
-war worlds

@StevOz & @xenonph,
God, I hate you people!
If people only knew how much (unseen work) you and everyone else here puts into this site, they would be amazed!
Huge thanks!

Last edited:
If people only knew how much (unseen work) you and everyone else here puts into this site, they would be amazed!
Huge thanks!
Well, for my part, I was just trying to be a PITA! (pain in the arse)

Like I say though-- after years of non-significant contribution to the site, other than being an active, commenting member for twenty years (where's my enormous prize for *that*, eh?), I was honestly kind of blown away how I jumped in to the rebuild in 2020, when the site had its back against the wall, and Jon was getting tired of hosting it, forced to jump through all the necessary hurdles.

IMO, everyone who loves PN should be thanking Paul ("Shiva" / "Blue") for his role in keeping the site alive, during that critical time. He offered the key encouragement that Jon needed, and IMO *that* is why the site didn't fold, at the time. Paul himself will bashfully say 'well, I didn't actually have to do that much, other than reassure him on some technical aspects,' but that was exactly what was needed.

Dude deserves to be fitted-out with some lovely platinum medals IMO.

Me, I'd be willing to accept the pig-iron version of those awards though, for doing the heavily-lifting (along with Jon) for years '20-'22.

Fun fact: ich is I in German so you have a redundancy there :D

Well, thought it wasn't intentional hence being funny... But I'm easily humored.

Thank you all for your efforts

Fun fact: ich is I in German so you have a redundancy there :D

Well, thought it wasn't intentional hence being funny... But I'm easily humored.

Thank you all for your efforts
Lol...
Please.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back