All In One Example Table - FizX, FLEEP, Ball Rolling, PUP SSF, DOF - Easy to add!

For anyone that is updating a table from a previous version of FizX to version 3.3, there is a change that is easy to miss on the code of the slingshots. You need to replace "xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed" used in version 3.2 with "'xBAM.Ball.Speed" which is the code used in version 3.3.

For anyone that is updating a table from a previous version of FizX to version 3.3, there is a change that is easy to miss on the code of the slingshots. You need to replace "xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed" used in version 3.2 with "'xBAM.Ball.Speed" which is the code used in version 3.3.

This was only the case during testing of FizX 3.3, as there was a BAM bug (that came after 1.5-365) that prevented xBAM.Ball.HitSpeed from working correctly, so we changed that to avoid the issue. That BAM bug was fixed in 1.5-373.

It is not a requirement to change it either way now. So either command will work fine, so that's why it was not mentioned at all. If in doubt, or still not sure... then use xBAM.Ball.Speed.

(updated my 3.3 post for clarification. thanks for pointing that out @GeorgeH )

Last edited:
For anyone who runs FP in fullscreen for VR or normal 2D mode... you may want to consider enabling this setting. FP is an older app that uses the older exclusive fullscreen mode (instead of borderless fullscreen, etc.). This mode was forcefully replaced for all apps with a "new fullscreen" mode in Windows 10, years ago. For many older games and apps, it runs fine. For some people, FP runs worse when using Fullscreen with vsync on because of this (small ball stutters or lower fps can occur). So try enabling "disable fullscreen optimizations" for futurepinball.exe and FPLoader.exe (in BAM and BAM Open-VR folders). This will allow FP to run in the original exclusive fullscreen mode, and may run better for you. (It does for me.)

While testing for FizX... I noticed some inconsistent fluctuations on the FP performance graphs (F9) on the AIO Example table and even New Table. I thought it was something related to my new GPU or my GSync TV, etc. Turned out to be this age old issue with FP (and other older apps). You don't see this problem when windowed or with vsync off. You may not notice it much during gameplay if at all... but changing this setting allowed FP to run much better... or should I say... correctly.

1706948322391.png

Anyone who updates your tables with this new FizX 3.3 code... don't forget to mention that your table will require the new BAM 1.5-373.

...or they can install my AIO package (which will have the updated files, and be patched for 4 GB ram access already, which is needed for some newer tables):

Maybe I am being overly critical, but I was wandering if the differences of the values in the AIO for RollingEffect and FlipperNudge_Strength were intentional between the main flippers and the other flippers. It just seems odd they are different.

Maybe I am being overly critical, but I was wandering if the differences of the values in the AIO for RollingEffect and FlipperNudge_Strength were intentional between the main flippers and the other flippers. It just seems odd they are different.

Nothing odd at all.

Main flippers can be very different than additional flippers which can be smaller flippers, horizontal, vertical, etc. The AIO only has one second right flipper that is vertical, so some settings wont have the same effect (or are of any significance) compared to the main flippers.

It's a starting point template. You adjust them however you need / want for the table you are updating, which can vary drastically per table.

Nothing odd at all.

Main flippers can be very different than additional flippers which can be smaller flippers, horizontal, vertical, etc. The AIO only has one second right flipper that is vertical, so some settings wont have the same effect (or are of any significance) compared to the main flippers.

It's a starting point template. You adjust them however you need / want for the table you are updating, which can vary drastically per table.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that Flipper Nudge existed before FizX. It seems like there might be a need to turn it off. From what I have read, the opposite flipper introduces a nudge factor. It would seem that the opposite flipper would need to be in close proximity to the one being nudged in the real world at least. A third flipper away from the 2 mains might need to have the effect turned off. Does a value of 0 turn it off?

There are a few tables that have paired upper flippers. For the nudge to work, do the paired flippers have to be named LeftFlipper2 and RightFlipper2? Or is the effect unrelated to pairs of flippers?

Unfortunately, I didn't know that Flipper Nudge existed before FizX. It seems like there might be a need to turn it off. From what I have read, the opposite flipper introduces a nudge factor. It would seem that the opposite flipper would need to be in close proximity to the one being nudged in the real world at least. A third flipper away from the 2 mains might need to have the effect turned off. Does a value of 0 turn it off?

There are a few tables that have paired upper flippers. For the nudge to work, do the paired flippers have to be named LeftFlipper2 and RightFlipper2? Or is the effect unrelated to pairs of flippers?

Flipper nudge, in how FizX implements it, relies on the ball actually touching the flipper, and moving at a specific range of speed (if ball is rolling slower and also on the flipper then it can take effect).

It also takes a lot of quick repeated tapping of the opposite flipper for flipper nudge to have an effect. So its not something that can have an accidental undesired effect by normal gameplay.

You can set the value to 0 for each additional flipper if you dont want it to be effected at all no matter what (when the ball is on those flippers).

Flipper nudge, in how FizX implements it, relies on the ball actually touching the flipper, and moving at a specific range of speed (if ball is rolling slower and also on the flipper then it can take effect).

It also takes a lot of quick repeated tapping of the opposite flipper for flipper nudge to have an effect. So its not something that can have an accidental undesired effect by normal gameplay.

You can set the value to 0 for each additional flipper if you dont want it to be effected at all no matter what (when the ball is on those flippers).

OK thanks.

Bonjour Aie Aie !
J ai une erreur qui n existait pas avant pour toutes les les tables Fizx
objet requis 'icom' ou "PuP Plug Tex'
En complément je vois que toutes les tables utilisant FizX ont des erreurs
D ou cela peut provenir svp

J ai tout remis avec FP and BAM Essentials AIO mais rien ne change..
Mince alors !

Toutes les autres tables sans "Fizx" fonctionnent

Merci par avance de votre secours

Bonjour Aie Aie !
J ai une erreur qui n existait pas avant pour toutes les les tables Fizx
objet requis 'icom' ou "PuP Plug Tex'
En complément je vois que toutes les tables utilisant FizX ont des erreurs
D ou cela peut provenir svp

J ai tout remis avec FP and BAM Essentials AIO mais rien ne change..
Mince alors !

Toutes les autres tables sans "Fizx" fonctionnent

Merci par avance de votre secours

This topic is for using the AIO Example table and tutorial to update / modify other FP tables (to add FizX, SSF, PUP, etc).

You need the latest BAM 1.5-373 to use this table and any other tables updated for FizX 3.3. If you don't have the newest BAM update properly installed, then you will get errors. If your Windows Defender or other anti virus is blocking any files, you will also get errors.

Be sure you are installing the "newest" FP and BAM Essentials AIO - Complete package (currently 2.2). Be sure the zip file was not blocked by Windows before installing the files from the zip. Then you MUST follow to included Install Guide to properly set FP and BAM settings.

If you are still getting errors read the included FAQ and Help Guide.

@Popotte

FizX Rubber Post vs FP Rubber Posts.

You may find that if you have a table that cradles the ball against a "FP" rubber, that no matter what it's elasticity setting is, the ball may continue to bounce off the rubber over and over.

Adding a "FP" rubber post model may not work as you can only set it to "Hard" Rubber setting.

In these cases, you will want to add a (invisible) FizX Diverter Rubber Post. This will allow you to set it to Extra Hard Rubber which will eliminate this issue.

1707419445598.png

@Popotte @GeorgeH @JLou5641 @AnonTet @Gimli @HZR @ravarcade @Paolo (and anyone else who may be interested)

3.30.01 (Feb 10 - 2024)

- updated PHYSICS XML section (mostly the materials) to previously used settings, as I was getting odd ball behavior and problems with wire ramps after testing with multiple tables
- slight adjustments to the table

After spending the last week updating PinEvent tables to FizX 3.3, I found I was having various issues on some tables using the newer PHYSICS XML section. Balls would struggle with wire ramps (especially bends) and vuks couldn't properly get the ball to move smoothly through them consistently. I also noticed other bits of odd ball behavior that didn't feel right.

The issue was mainly the changes in some of the materials settings. I didn't notice these issues while testing FizX 3.3 (before release) as I was testing mainly on tables that didn't have wire ramps.

So after reverting the materials settings in the PHYSICS XML section to what was used previously in 3.0 tables, I was much happier and all the odd problems went away.

Everything else remains the same with FizX 3.3.

This doesn't mean you MUST use the exact same material settings for every table... but given how many times I've been updating tables / testing them over and over again... I had to go back to what seemed to work much better for all my table updates.

You can see the changes here. Table version 3.30.00 on the left, and 3.30.01 on the right.

1707568092675.png

Last edited:
@Popotte @GeorgeH @JLou5641 @AnonTet @Gimli @HZR @ravarcade @Paolo (and anyone else who may be interested)

3.30.01 (Feb 10 - 2024)

- updated PHYSICS XML section (mostly the materials) to previously used settings, as I was getting odd ball behavior and problems with wire ramps after testing with multiple tables
- slight adjustments to the table

This does play better. I had to increase table slope a lot when 3.3 came out. I actually didn't like 3.3 as well as 3.2 but this change makes it better. Now it plays crisper and more responsive. I can now set table slope and vukimpulse back to the values I used before 3.3.

I have noticed that the generic hit sound for "mech_Target_Hit_" plays when the ball hits stationary and drop targets. Since drop targets have their own sound, it seems like "mech_Target_Hit_" should not play. I don't know how you would code it that way though. "mech_Target_Hit_" is not very loud so it seems like it is usually drowned out on drop targets so I suppose it is not all that important. Fleep was extremely particular about his sounds so it might be important.

Also, I noticed that ("mech_Apron_Hard_" &Int(Rnd*3)+1) should be changed to ("mech_Apron_Hard_" &Int(Rnd*4)+1) because "mech_Apron_Hard_" has 4 sounds.

I have noticed that the generic hit sound for "mech_Target_Hit_" plays when the ball hits stationary and drop targets. Since drop targets have their own sound, it seems like "mech_Target_Hit_" should not play. I don't know how you would code it that way though. "mech_Target_Hit_" is not very loud so it seems like it is usually drowned out on drop targets so I suppose it is not all that important. Fleep was extremely particular about his sounds so it might be important.

Also, I noticed that ("mech_Apron_Hard_" &Int(Rnd*3)+1) should be changed to ("mech_Apron_Hard_" &Int(Rnd*4)+1) because "mech_Apron_Hard_" has 4 sounds.

The FizX "ball hit" sounds are more about the sound of the "material" that is hit. Not any mechanical action of the device that is being hit. For standup targets and drop targets, they are automatically being detected by their item type in FizX (more for physics purposes, and they are handled the same), so that is why they use the same sound. If you want something more for drop target sounds related to their mechanical event, then you add that yourself using a separate pinmechsound. (not every table has the same kind of drop target, etc)

The FizX "ball hit" sounds are more about the sound of the "material" that is hit. Not any mechanical action of the device that is being hit. For standup targets and drop targets, they are automatically being detected by their item type in FizX (more for physics purposes, and they are handled the same), so that is why they use the same sound. If you want something more for drop target sounds related to their mechanical event, then you add that yourself using a separate pinmechsound. (not every table has the same kind of drop target, etc)

Maybe "mech_Target_Hit_" should be moved from generic hits to a separate pinmechsound that you have to code? That would fix it but it would require more work setting it up. I don't understand how JLou coded generic hits but it seems that if he figured out a way to single out all targets that he might be able to exclude drop targets. At least I haven't seen "mech_Target_Hit_" play on anything but a target. It is just an idea to consider.

Maybe "mech_Target_Hit_" should be moved from generic hits to a separate pinmechsound that you have to code? That would fix it but it would require more work setting it up. I don't understand how JLou coded generic hits but it seems that if he figured out a way to single out all targets that he might be able to exclude drop targets. At least I haven't seen "mech_Target_Hit_" play on anything but a target. It is just an idea to consider.

There's nothing to fix. It's exactly as was intended. The "material" sound of a ball hitting a drop target and standup target is the same (plastic). Anything desired beyond that, is up the table table modder to add with a separate pinmechsound command.

The sound of a drop target "dropping" is a completely separate action to that of a ball hitting the plastic on the target.

Anyone can also change the sound used in the Sub FizXTargetHitEvent() if they really wanted to, and can also add a separate pinmechsound command to accentuate anything more they want, etc.

There's nothing to fix. It's exactly as was intended. The "material" sound of a ball hitting a drop target and standup target is the same (plastic). Anything desired beyond that, is up the table table modder to add with a separate pinmechsound command.

The sound of a drop target "dropping" is a completely separate action to that of a ball hitting the plastic on the target.

Anyone can also change the sound used in the Sub FizXTargetHitEvent() if they really wanted to, and can also add a separate pinmechsound command to accentuate anything more they want, etc.

Ok. I am just not sure Fleep intended it to work that way. In order to record "mech_DropTarget_Down", Fleep had to hit it first. But I tired of talking about it. I have other things to do.

Just to add that since Theater of Magic (if my memory serves me well was the dev table that started this pinmech thing), the sounds themselves, and specifically the targets sounds have been changing along with their names. They're ALWAYS have been ambiguous for targets.

I struggled with the same questions. I wrote code that I share here (now also obsolete) based on that and I kept changing it and adapting it as newer tables used Fleep sounds and found other ways of using those, generally by simplifying that. I went as far as adapting smoke's code and edit sounds to have left/right as well before they actually showed up.

The rest is IMHO, like TerryRed says; it can and most likely, it should be changed to whatever the author feels it is right or likes best. Use all sounds, some or none, much like the rolling ball sound really.

Personal note: ONE thing I learned in this very few years - compared to all the gurus here - is that there's really no wrong way of doing it and everyone can mod a table to taste anyway.

TLDR; the whole matter of discussing intent is becoming increasingly moot.

Last edited:
Therefore.....apart from installing the new version of Bam, is there anything special to do or add "or what?"and especially in the native FP code, between version 3.2 (which I inserted) and this new version?
I mean, if I have to copy and paste and add the things I added for version 3.2 then it's simple(so to speak), but if I need to do anything else please let me know.....Thanks!!

Last edited:
Therefore.....apart from installing the new version of Bam, is there anything special to do or add "or what?"and especially in the native FP code, between version 3.2 (which I inserted) and this new version?
I mean, if I have to copy and paste and add the things I added for version 3.2 then it's simple(so to speak), but if I need to do anything else please let me know.....Thanks!!

If you are using the AIO Example table's code, you MUST use the updated tutorial PDF that is included with the updated table for all information, step by step in order. It tells you exactly what code you need to insert. Do NOT only go by what you see in the table script.

This topic is specific to using the AIO Example table code and it's tutorial. If that is what you used before, then to update from the AIO 3.2 code to AIO 3.3 code, read here under "UPDATING A TABLE from AIO Example code 3.00+ to 3.30":

Last edited:
@Popotte @GeorgeH @JLou5641 @AnonTet @Gimli @HZR @ravarcade @Paolo @Zobou (and anyone else who may be interested)

3.30.03 (Feb 28 - 2024)

- updated FizX code (fixed bugs, and changed flipper nudge behavior)
- fixed bugs regarding ball momentum (for main flippers)
- removed flipper nudge commands (no longer needed with new FizX code)
- removed adding flipper nudge commands from the tutorial
- updated PHYSICS XML section (new settings that work better now)
- updated tutorial now has a new SECTION 8 – Remove features you do not want at all

JLou finally had some spare time, and has updated the FizX 3.3 code (as a result of a bug I found regarding ball momentum) and also changed how flipper nudging works.

=================================================================

PHYSICS XML

- this section has been updated with newer settings that work better (as was originally intended by JLou for FizX 3.3)

Flipper Nudge

- settings now range from 0 to 0.5
- flipper nudge commands are no longer used, so you no longer need to add them to the table's main code

Make sure you remove any flipper nudge commands you may have added before!

Tutorial - SECTION 8 – Remove features you do not want at all

I added a new section in the updated tutorial that shows you what features you can remove completely and how to remove them

Launch DMDExt

This feature is intended to launch DMDExt which is an external DMD window that will mirror the FP DMD (meant for cabinet players).

This feature can only work with tables that have a 128x32 translite DMD!

If your table does not have a 128x32 translite DMD, then this option should be REMOVED completely! (I show you what to remove in the updated tutorial)

For support on how to use this feature, goto JLou’s instructions on how to run it directly from a table in this manner here:

Note: adding this option is not required to use dmdext with a FP table, as most cabinet players run it separately from FP anyway (using their front-end or a BAT file).

The updated AIO Example Table and updated Tutorial can be downloaded on the first post of this topic.

Last edited:
Hi Terry,

It is important to me that no matter how many times this has been said, you have made it possible for an old man to have his favorite hobby again:-)
i wanna say thank you for all your Time and work you invest in this...its really amazing.

My CAB broke down in 2016 and family and work didn't allow me to rebuild it.
At the end of 2023, I started to rebuild my cabinet and I was surprised how much has happened.

Your guides helped me a lot to find my way back into it . After 3 Months, everything working now in my cab.
Now, i added fizx3.2 to one of my old tables and its amazing how good this works.
Lox

p.s. I know there are many others without whom none of this would have been possible, and a big thank you to them

3.30.03 (Feb 28 - 2024)
Ok,Thanks for the new version Guys, maybe I sound like an idiot to you (where is I already heard it.....mmm??) but I can't find section 8, maybe a link would be useful?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, Samantha Fish is a talented blues guitarist and singer who leads her own band. The Samantha Fish Band typically consists of a drummer, bassist, and keyboard player, along with Fish on vocals and guitar. The band's sound is a mix of blues, rock, and soul, with Fish's powerful vocals and impressive guitar skills taking center stage. They are known for their energetic live performances and tight musicianship, drawing in audiences with their dynamic and soulful sound. The band's music often features catchy hooks, gritty guitar riffs, and soulful lyrics, creating a unique and captivating sound that sets them apart in the blues and rock music scene.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    Armand always plays things I never heard before
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Got what I hope is a decent car ashtray today....:bandana:
    haha, they don't exist anymore
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Solar and USB powered with a dang lighter..........
    fancy!
    well, i gotta finish up things here, get that WAYO show posted, and get some dinner! Good chattin'!
    Reactions: xenonph and JonPurpleHaze
    Ha, charged it up, light and lighter work:
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    Ok, keep in touch!
    Flipper Hermann has left the room.
    roachie has left the room.
    T800 has left the room.
    qinnuendo has left the room.
    chricky68 has left the room.
    momohoho27 has left the room.
  • O @ oilpainter27:
    kpb105.zip
    paskite has left the room.
    ipjnirvana has left the room.
    bud_666nir has left the room.
    Killabot has left the room.
    (AI prompt) describe the band The Dahlmanns
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @JonPurpleHaze, The Dahlmanns are a Norwegian power pop band known for their catchy melodies, harmonious vocals, and energetic live performances. Formed in 2015, the band consists of members from various Norwegian bands, including The Yum Yums, The Wonderfools, and The Cocktail Slippers.

Their music is heavily influenced by 1960s and 1970s power pop and rock bands, such as The Beatles, The Beach Boys, and The Ramones. The Dahlmanns' sound is characterized by jangly guitars, driving rhythms, and infectious hooks, creating a sound that is both nostalgic and fresh.

The band has released several albums and singles, including "American Heartbeat" and "All Dahled Up," which have received critical acclaim and gained a loyal following both in Norway and internationally. The Dahlmanns are known for their high-energy live shows, with their infectious energy and catchy tunes winning over audiences wherever they go.
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    (AI prompt) Blitzkrieg Bop lyrics
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: (AI prompt) Blitzkrieg Bop lyrics
      Back