Support File Tutorial BAM Add Freezy DMD directly to your table like VPX.

JLou5641

Pinball Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stargate
Hello

Here a little tutorial for adding Freezy DMD directly in your table, without need to launch it from Frontend or bat file.
It allow you to save configuration for each table independantly.
It allow FP to use his own DMDdevice.ini to avoid conflict with VPX.​

I
- Be sure you are at least on BAM v365
- Download the little package DMDextFP.zip below.
- Download and install DMDext from Terry Essential files or the last version from Freezy Github
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/future-pinball-and-bam-essentials-all-in-one.22393/
https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

- Use x64 version if you are with Windows x64
- Use x86 version if you are with Windows x86

II
- Two way how adding Freezy DMD to your future Pinball Table like VPX:

**************************************************************************************************************************************​
- 1 - Directly launched from table script. Put those 3 lines in your table script ( better option for Table Author before release their work ):

Code:
    Dim icom : Set icom = xBAM.Get("icom") ' "icom" is name of "icom.dll" in BAM\Plugins dir ' <---    check if this line is already in table script. If yes, no need to copy this again.
    Dim DMDext : Set DMDext = icom.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
    DMDext.Run """%DMDFP_EXE%"" mirror -s futurepinball -g " & xbam.table.name & " -q --use-ini=""%DMDFP_INI%""",0

Be carefull, check if Dim icom : Set icom = xBAM.Get("icom") line already exist.

***************************************************************************************************************************************​

OR

***************************************************************************************************************************************​
- 2 - From external preconfigurated Future pinball Script ( Easier for fast update of any table for personnal use. )

- Copy DMDext.vbs file in your \FuturePinball\Scripts folder
- Search for line wich contain "Explicit" on top of script.
- add this line just after :

Code:
ExecuteGlobal LoadExternalScript ("DMDext.vbs") 'Add this line to your table script for launching DMDext Automatically

**************************************************************************************************************************************​

III
- Copy DMDFP_REGISTER.exe where your dmdext files ( dmdext.exe and dmddevice.ini ) are, usualy in Future Pinball Folder for his own usage.
- Launch DMDFP_REGISTER.exe

- Be sure it's still with Admin rights
- It will register Dmdext.exe and DmdDevice.ini for Future Pinball

IV
- Launch a table
- Go to BAM menu --> Plugins
- Select plugins : COM Extensions
- Set Security level "Same as VPX "
- Exit the current table and launch your updated one.
- Look here for more info about Security level : https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/bam-update-v1-5-365.22384/#post-144524
- For the release of your table, i highly suggest you to add a variable in script to enable or disable Freezy DMD.

Extra note: you can eventually put DMDext.exe and DMDdevice.ini where you want, or use the one already installed for VPX. In this case, Copy DMDFP_REGISTER.exe where the files are located.

Greetings,
JLou

Attachments

• DMDextFP.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi JLou,

First let me thank you as this is a great improvement for me! I really like having Freezy DMD launch from the table script.

I have been able to successfully add this some tables, but for some reason I cannot get it to mirror the HUD DMD on my Cars table (which is built on the All In One Table script) or the AIO Table itself.

It works great on other tables HUD DMD (tested on an older version of Star Wars DSA) and my own Cars DMD test file (screenshots below).

The HUD DMD's and code is written exactly the same.

I am new to this, so maybe I am missing something obvious ...

Is it possible the FizXDMD is preventing the mirroring? How does DMDExt know which DMD to mirror?

Again, thank you for all your efforts making Future Pinball incredible!

Screenshot 2023-10-11 002515.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 215457.png

1697167199231.png

Hi JLou,

First let me thank you as this is a great improvement for me! I really like having Freezy DMD launch from the table script.

I have been able to successfully add this some tables, but for some reason I cannot get it to mirror the HUD DMD on my Cars table (which is built on the All In One Table script) or the AIO Table itself.

It works great on other tables HUD DMD (tested on an older version of Star Wars DSA) and my own Cars DMD test file (screenshots below).

The HUD DMD's and code is written exactly the same.

I am new to this, so maybe I am missing something obvious ...

Is it possible the FizXDMD is preventing the mirroring? How does DMDExt know which DMD to mirror?

Again, thank you for all your efforts making Future Pinball incredible!

View attachment 39401

View attachment 39402

View attachment 39403

The DMD (to be mirrored), won't be the HUD DMD.

You need to have a translite DMD (it's the "DMD" under displays, not the HUD DMD).

Many tables have both. This means you need to have code on your table for both DMDs as well.

Thanks for the reply Terry. Oddly, my DMD Testing table (attached) only has a HUD DMD and it is able to be mirrored. I don't mind doubling all the code to a translite DMD (because I'd just drag the Freezy over it) but it would be super cool to just mirror the HUD!

Ted

Attachments

• Cars DMD Tester.fpt
    351.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply Terry. Oddly, my DMD Testing table (attached) only has a HUD DMD and it is able to be mirrored. I don't mind doubling all the code to a translite DMD (because I'd just drag the Freezy over it) but it would be super cool to just mirror the HUD!

Ted

Sometimes it comes down to the "last" DMD that was made. It's a strange ordering thing... because the OpenGL32.DLL that DMDext uses looks for FP's DMD somewhere in ram to mirror from... and if the DMD isn't there.... it won't work.

Ok, I had some time to monkey around with this and the "ordering" issue you mentioned is the culprit. Since my table is based off the All In One Table (thank you for this btw!) I simply had to delete the FizXDMD object and create a new one with the same name. Now my HUD DMD is the "first in line" to be mirrored by DMDExt ... Easy fix!

Can't wait to share this table once I get it all setup.

1697420710459.png

Hi @MetaTed ,

Sorry, i didn't see your post... Even if i follow the thread, i don't have notification most of time.

Thanks @TerryRed for answering him

Everything is it good for you now Metated?

PS: A new FizX update will come soon... And simplify a lot integration of it in Editor.. Native FP rubber, Target and Drop Target will work with FizX

Greetings,
JLou

@JLou5641 ,

Yes, I got it to work by deleting the FizX DMD object and placing a new one with the same name. This reordered the DMD's so my HUD DMD would be mirrored by DMDext. Thanks for all you do and looking forward to the next update!

Ted

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide verbatim lyrics from the song "Excuse Me" by Amy Arena as it is copyrighted material. However, I can offer a summary or analysis of the song if you would like. Let me know if you would like me to provide some other type of information.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    (AI prompt) words to Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @xenonph, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt
    But I couldn't help but notice you from across the room
    Your beauty shines like a star in the night
    And I just had to come over and say hello

Excuse me, but I couldn't resist
    Your smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
    I hope you don't mind me saying
    But I think you're absolutely stunning in every way

I know this may sound a bit forward
    But I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by
    I just had to tell you how I feel
    And hope that maybe you'll give me a chance to make you mine

Excuse me, if I'm being too bold
    But I can't help but be drawn to you
    Your presence is like a breath of fresh air
    And I just had to let you know how much I care

So please forgive me if I'm being too forward
    But I couldn't let this moment slip away
    I
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    ah ha
    • Wow
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    just word it diff

erently and they break the copyright bot
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    as i suspected
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) What would the lyrics be, if someone tried to make a parody of Amy Arena's song "Excuse Me"?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Excuse me, can I cut in line?
    I really need my coffee, it's just a matter of time
    I know you've been waiting, but I'm in a rush
    Excuse me, can I cut in line?

Excuse me, can I take your seat?
    I see you're saving it for someone, but that someone is me
    I know it's not polite, but I really need to sit
    Excuse me, can I take your seat?

Excuse me, can I borrow your car?
    I promise I'll bring it back, I won't take it too far
    I know it's a big ask, but I really need a ride
    Excuse me, can I borrow your car?

Excuse me, can I have your fries?
    I know you ordered them, but I'm feeling kinda deprived
    I know it's not fair, but I really need a snack
    Excuse me, can I have your fries?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Wow, you can ask for words vs. lyrics?
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    heh, neither of those lyrics are correct
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    great faker bot
    first try at this...
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Reactions: xenonph
    it worked!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    Carry on gentlemen, I need to reboot.

:salut:
    Nice chatting!
    Have a fine ev'ning!
    good chattin', have to get the early show posted, see ya around the mulberry bush
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    rftckeeper has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: rftckeeper has left the room.
      Back