Solved Xenon VP9 : Plunger outside the table

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi

I've this strange glitch? happening when I play the said table , as you can see the plunger appears outside the table on the right-down corner

The table is

Xenon (Bally)(1980)(unclewilly)(1.1)[VP9]

and I'm using VP995

tried the other VP9 version VP991 and the same thing

Apart from this cosmetical? error , the table seems to play as it should

I can't remember which one , but I think I've encountered similar issue on another VP9 table too but can't remember which one

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks and have a good one

Attachments

• xenon plunger.jpg
    xenon plunger.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Solution
It looks like maybe you have messed with POV settings?
Good catch! My reply above was completely wrong, and I realise now what the problem is:

The issue here is that when someone altered the POV settings to create that new 'vertical' view, it aesthetically broke the illusion of the table meeting the edges of the pre-designed background art (see the screenie in the OP), and it -also- left behind a reel that still needs adjustment.

Solution-- go to the backdrop view and locate the plunger reel. You can see it in the screenie above in the bottom-right corner. It's looks kind of thin & vertical. Now manually move it to the left, positioning it where it belongs to match the new POV settings. That might take a...
The below isn't wrong, per se, but I don't think it's the actual cause of the issue. See below for a more direct solution...

I don't know where you sourced that version (I couldn't find it here or at Archive.Org), but I did find it at VPF here. The file name actually credits Loafer, so I'm guessing he did some additional tweaks to Uncle Willy's version.

Anyway, that version seems to run fine in VP995, so perhaps you'd like to give it a try.

Otherwise, I'm guessing the version you have was built to run with an earlier VP9. Indeed, the v1.1 table was evidently released in 2010, which I believe would have corresponded with a much earlier VP9 version, perhaps around 91x or so. And yes, some earlier VP9 tables have issues running with the later versions, like 991 & 995 that you mention.

If you'd like, you can test that yourself by running the table with an earlier VP9 version, for example:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/r...program-and-support-files.41/?prefix_id[0]=23

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch mate ,s will try that version and 912 for tables that don't display right

By the way I got the table from the VP torrent thread here , the latest 05 2023 one

Hi

I've this strange glitch? happening when I play the said table , as you can see the plunger appears outside the table on the right-down corner

The table is

and I'm using VP995

tried the other VP9 version VP991 and the same thing

Apart from this cosmetical? error , the table seems to play as it should

I can't remember which one , but I think I've encountered similar issue on another VP9 table too but can't remember which one

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks and have a good one

Check your settings and compare them to the pic below.
Capture.PNG

Good catch! My reply above was completely wrong, and I realise now what the problem is:

The issue here is that when someone altered the POV settings to create that new 'vertical' view, it aesthetically broke the illusion of the table meeting the edges of the pre-designed background art (see the screenie in the OP), and it -also- left behind a reel that still needs adjustment.

Solution-- go to the backdrop view and locate the plunger reel. You can see it in the screenie above in the bottom-right corner. It's looks kind of thin & vertical. Now manually move it to the left, positioning it where it belongs to match the new POV settings. That might take a couple tries to get it lined up just right, of course.

Note: the plunger reel is designed with a specific perspective in mind, so it's probably going to look a little skewed with the new POV, but what the hey. It probably won't be *that* noticeable.

Last edited:
Solution

Solution-- go to the backdrop view and locate the plunger reel. You can see it in the screenie above in the bottom-right corner. It's looks kind of thin & vertical. Now manually move it to the left, positioning it where it belongs to match the new POV settings. That might take a couple tries to get it lined up just right, of course.

Note: the plunger reel is designed with a specific perspective in mind, so it's probably going to look a little skewed with the new POV, but what the hey. It probably won't be *that* noticeable.
maybe it would be better to send that copy to recycle and get a new copy out of the zip and leave the incline,
FOV and layback alone for DTmode.
if your going to mess with the original settings write it down so you can get it back.

Last edited:
maybe it would be better to send that copy to recycle and get a new copy out of the zip and leave the incline,
FOV and layback alone for DTmode.
if your going to mess with the original settings write it down so you can get it back.
Honestly, the way they have the POV set up, it looks like they'd be better of going with FS view.

Now if your monitor doesn't rotate, and you have a spare milkcrate lying around, you can custom-cut the milkcrate to hold the monitor lying flat, even without needing to detach the monitor from its stand.

The project should take less than 30 minutes, most of that spent measuring the contours of the back of the monitor and marking up the milkcrate appropriately. The actual cutting (a common hacksaw works fine) takes less than five minutes, as the plastic cuts surprisingly easily.

The advantage of this setup is that you can play FS whenever you want, and it only takes a few moments to place the monitor on the crate, and vice-versa. Poor man's cab, so to speak.

Honestly, the way they have the POV set up, it looks like they'd be better of going with FS view.

Now if your monitor doesn't rotate, and you have a spare milkcrate lying around, you can custom-cut the milkcrate to hold the monitor lying flat, even without needing to detach the monitor from its stand.

The project should take less than 30 minutes, most of that spent measuring the contours of the back of the monitor and marking up the milkcrate appropriately. The actual cutting (a common hacksaw works fine) takes less than five minutes, as the plastic cuts surprisingly easily.

The advantage of this setup is that you can play FS whenever you want, and it only takes a few moments to place the monitor on the crate, and vice-versa. Poor man's cab, so to speak.
yeah, it's so easy to play FS.....even on a small DT monitor.
i played DT when i first started on my laptop.
didn't have a DT PC.
flipped on its side and played FS on a 15inch LT and a PS2 adapter way back in 09.
something like this https://www.google.com/search?channel=fen&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=ps2+adapter#ip=1

Last edited:
@Clsx,
So did the revised solution work?

Would be nice to get the thread marked "solved," as I'm 99% that's correct, but you never know.

Sorry for the late reply , friends , thanks to the heatwave and some family stuff I finally got to try the solution this evening !

I checked the pov settings , located and moved the plunger to where it is supposed to be ; and it worked !

Thanks to you all so much

Best regards ,

Sorry for the late reply , friends , thanks to the heatwave and some family stuff I finally got to try the solution this evening !

I checked the pov settings , located and moved the plunger to where it is supposed to be ; and it worked !

Thanks to you all so much

Best regards ,
in this case it looks like the plunger might have been unlocked in the blueprint image and somehow it got moved.
now right click and lock it so it does not move again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide verbatim lyrics from the song "Excuse Me" by Amy Arena as it is copyrighted material. However, I can offer a summary or analysis of the song if you would like. Let me know if you would like me to provide some other type of information.
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    (AI prompt) words to Amy Arena's "Excuse Me"
    • Wow
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @xenonph, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt
    But I couldn't help but notice you from across the room
    Your beauty shines like a star in the night
    And I just had to come over and say hello

Excuse me, but I couldn't resist
    Your smile is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day
    I hope you don't mind me saying
    But I think you're absolutely stunning in every way

I know this may sound a bit forward
    But I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by
    I just had to tell you how I feel
    And hope that maybe you'll give me a chance to make you mine

Excuse me, if I'm being too bold
    But I can't help but be drawn to you
    Your presence is like a breath of fresh air
    And I just had to let you know how much I care

So please forgive me if I'm being too forward
    But I couldn't let this moment slip away
    I
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    ah ha
    • Wow
    Reactions: Free Bally!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    just word it diff

erently and they break the copyright bot
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    as i suspected
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    (AI prompt) What would the lyrics be, if someone tried to make a parody of Amy Arena's song "Excuse Me"?
  • ChatGPT @ ChatGPT:
    @Free Bally!, Excuse me, can I cut in line?
    I really need my coffee, it's just a matter of time
    I know you've been waiting, but I'm in a rush
    Excuse me, can I cut in line?

Excuse me, can I take your seat?
    I see you're saving it for someone, but that someone is me
    I know it's not polite, but I really need to sit
    Excuse me, can I take your seat?

Excuse me, can I borrow your car?
    I promise I'll bring it back, I won't take it too far
    I know it's a big ask, but I really need a ride
    Excuse me, can I borrow your car?

Excuse me, can I have your fries?
    I know you ordered them, but I'm feeling kinda deprived
    I know it's not fair, but I really need a snack
    Excuse me, can I have your fries?
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Wow, you can ask for words vs. lyrics?
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
    heh, neither of those lyrics are correct
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    lol
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    great faker bot
    first try at this...
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    Reactions: xenonph
    it worked!
  • xenonph @ xenonph:
    Carry on gentlemen, I need to reboot.

:salut:
    Nice chatting!
    Have a fine ev'ning!
    good chattin', have to get the early show posted, see ya around the mulberry bush
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    rftckeeper has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: rftckeeper has left the room.
      Back