Well that got quickly out of hand... Color sequencer with ball tracking. (off topic)

Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Sorry Paolo, but SpacePirate don't say he will release his space cadet, and in second time, he can work on it, and then, just ask just before release, and if he don't have the permission, keep it private for him.
I know he doesn't say he will release it....but we don't kid ourselves, the ultimate intent will be to release it.
Then, i'm very disturbing about you considere you are the legacy owner of Gianfranco.
If you are disturbed that is your problem!
Gianfranco was a friend of mine, with him I made many tables, we created some unthinkable tables for fp, we often spoke on the phone, and YES if you don't mind, YES I consider myself his heir.
This isn't about being the owner of Gianfranco's tables, as you think, you didn't know him and his will,so please take a step back.
The fact that it disturbs you, and from the tone you're telling me, I find it a little disrespectful.
So, if he work on a Gianfranco version, sorry but, you are not the author.
and what does this have to do with the discussion?
BUT, if he work on one of your version, in this case, i'm agree with you.
version 3.0 is mine.
The rules of Vpin Community is for those who leaves the scene since long time or passed away, they are like "Right Free"..
yes of course, obviously, I have seen how some of vp behave, they take one of my tables, and create a version in vpx, or show my work for other programs, without asking permission, listen Lou, I repeat to you to take a step back ,I ask you kindly this time.

You are so hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
I probably talked more than you did with Gianfranco, with @TerryRed and @AnonTet the 3 last years ( you can't imagine )...But l'll never talked like if i will be a legit legacy about there work if they are not in vpscene anymore... You leave the scene, no matter the reason, all your work is a gift to the scene. That's all.
So no, i will not step back, but you can get out if you want.. If we want to work on Gianfranco table, we will do without your permission...

Hilarious hilarious.. Open your mind man. It's just Virtual Pinball.. Mean, nothing really important in the world.. And we are nothing for 99,9% of the world...

i forgot.. you react exactly like i expected 🤣

You are so hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
I probably talked more than you did with Gianfranco, with @TerryRed and @AnonTet the 3 last years ( you can't imagine )...But l'll never talked like if i will be a legit legacy about there work if they are not in vpscene anymore... You leave the scene, no matter the reason, all your work is a gift to the scene. That's all.
So no, i will not step back, but you can get out if you want.. If we want to work on Gianfranco table, we will do without your permission...

Hilarious hilarious.. Open your mind man. It's just Virtual Pinball.. Mean, nothing really important in the world.. And we are nothing for 99,9% of the world...
Can I request that this sort of conversation about "how someone responds, etc" be in a different thread (or DM?). I want to honor the purpose of the awesome light management script that SpacePirateScott is working on.

I'm not making any effort to say about opinions, but I will ask that we be civil in how we all respond. Is that too much to ask?

-mark

I am using "Space Cadet (Maxis) (FranzLeo)(3.00)"
If you used 3.0, it's my version, Gianfranco had done up to 2.0, which you can also find here in his resources.
I just wanted to point out the fact that I received Gianfranco's permission, and I worked for a long time on Space Cadet, I don't understand what Jlou has to do with this context, seeing another user working on a table that I've been working on for a few years makes me perplexed by,and irritated.
Apparently it's normal for Jlou to not care about other people's work, I hope you're NOT the same as him, SpacePirate.

Last edited:
I am using "Space Cadet (Maxis) (FranzLeo)(3.00)" that was in a torrent bundle that I downloaded. I'm not sure if that's the same one.

Well, my intent was use this as a practice table to learn how to update the physics, SFF etc., and to learn the art tool pipeline. If it turned out well, I was going to post it publicly, but that wasn't the primary intention.

There is always the question in the art world about derived works and how much change is required before it's considered a new work of art. As artists we all stand on the backs of giants so to speak, so it's always tricky to define the line between "inspiration" and "copyright violation." I hope can we all agree that if layers need to get involved then everyone loses. :)

Personally I have always tried to be respectful and to only used art that I have rights to. For example, a few years back I was stuck in a hotel room and was kind of bored. I did a pencil drawing based on a photograph of an Italian renaissance looking woman. The drawing turned out really well, so I did an old master style oil painting of it, once again just for practice, which also turned out very nice. As I normally do, I contacted the photographer and asked permission to post a images of the painting on my website. He declined to give me permission, which was surprising, since I wasn't going to sell prints or anything and would give him proper credit. But I respected his decision and didn't post any pictures up. So, my personal rule is to always error on the side getting permission where appropriate.

So after that long winded preamble, I won't post my changes to this table. :) I am open to collaborations if you are interested.

I do have a question about what you consider "consent to update (not modify)"? I couldn't tell by your youtube video if you had upscaled the playfield art. I did create a couple vector based 4k versions of the playfield and plastics art:

View attachment 42159
I found that that mottled underlying texture didn't respond well to the shadowmaps so I made a starfield background version as well.

I went back to the original Maxis table, and it was so low res, I don't think it would be violating the spirit of the original artist's vision.

View attachment 42160

I'm not sure if that's falling too far into the "modify" category. In any case, If these are helpful, I will send you the source files and you can make any changes you want to them.

What are you thoughts about updating the lighting? Would that be too far into "modding"?

Both playfields look really nice. If Paolo doesn't want to collaborate with you on Space Cadet, I'd be interested in working with you on some of my table mods. It looks like you have better coding skills than I have.

Not sure how much time I can commit, but send me a private message and we can discuss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back