BAM FP Paolo (wild) table's...." demonstration and to bam update"

Future Pinball
I suppose you won't see this post, Paulo, but just for the record-- I'm happy that you seem to be feeling better these days and are back in the scene!

Just for the record (again), I take plenty of blame for how things went between us.

You are a great talent IMO, and deserve much praise.
Thank you, and best wishes to you.

Ok,I'm still browsing the physics of Fp/Bam, and trying to improve my tables with what little I have and understand.

New Bam codes, and some tweaking on a function that was already there in FP, but which I never noticed, I mean I almost never tried a multiball without music that I remember, so with the new Bam function (actually 2 in this case) I have;
1)xBAM.Physics.SetBallMaterial
2)xBAM.Physics.AllObjectsHasGenericHit = True

First(1) you can tell the ball what kind of material to have,for higher bounce between "ball vs ball"
Second(2), insert a "ball vs ball" sound which obviously can be modified, as I did to have more volume, I don't know if it could also be done for Fp, but in any case it's better this way with Bam.

Last edited:
Ok, I found some time and updated Rastan.
This game reminds me of the good days of serenity and without worries spent in the "game room" with friends, between chips and cola and sometimes beer,

So..... I updated it, and it wasn't easy to finalize and realize the "decreasing/increase" vitality, and especially now, that I made sure that the last part of energy shone with the beating heart, in short, for those who know the arcade game you know what I'm talking about, but you can see it in the video.

I added a custom "game room", and the 3D model of Rastan, who interacts with enemies and bosses, I think that's the best I can do to make it almost identical to the arcade game.

In this update is a special mode created by Rav(many thanks always), that is the "Spotlight mode" working for multiball, now you can attach the "Spotlight" in multiple balls, see the video......in this case(in this table) there is a constraint on the "flashes" that can be attacked, FP only allows 7,if you already have "flashes" on the table you can only use the ones you have left.

Note:I will soon publish a Topic regarding this new code for "Spotlight mode" working for multiball!!

Greetings.

It looks great! I like the vitality part and the game room flames. By the way, your English is getting better.

Someone on the VP Universe forum was wanting to download your "Total Recall" table that Bob and I helped you with. I told him you were planning on posting an update. I would be interested in updating it if you don't mind.

It looks great! I like the vitality part and the game room flames. By the way, your English is getting better.
Many thanks....G!
Pm for you!

Love the updates to the table Paolo! Love the addition of the arcade room as well. Great job!

Looks very nice Paulo !!
Attaching a. Light to the ball isn’t new but it looks nice in Rastan .

Terry uses a spologht ball in Aliens and Halloween . And George and I use it in our soon to be released Avatar.

Attaching a. Light to the ball isn’t new
Yes I know Bob, and I was the last to use it (first I had to understand how it worked).
But in this case, I'm talking about in multiball....not only one ball,the first ball create.

Now just to clarify... maybe I don't know, that you all can create a multiball with a spotlight already attached, but when I asked Rav, about having a spotlight in a multiball, He told me that it wasn't easy to create a code for a second or third ball in play, a multiball so to speak.

In fact he created a particular code that is almost incomprehensible for me to understand, for a spotlight on a second ball and third or fourth (the maximum is 7), so I don't know if we are talking about the same thing at this point..... I wonder.

Yes I know Bob, and I was the last to use it (first I had to understand how it worked).
But in this case, I'm talking about in multiball....not only one ball,the first ball create.

Now just to clarify... maybe I don't know, that you all can create a multiball with a spotlight already attached, but when I asked Rav, about having a spotlight in a multiball, He told me that it wasn't easy to create a code for a second or third ball in play, a multiball so to speak.

In fact he created a particular code that is almost incomprehensible for me to understand, for a spotlight on a second ball and third or fourth (the maximum is 7), so I don't know if we are talking about the same thing at this point..... I wonder.
Yes for Avatar I had to do the same for Multiball . I showed Rav about a year ago when he said it couldn’t be done :)

I am sure his code is better and more efficient

Last edited:
Yes for Avatar I had to do the same for Multiball
Thanks Bob!!I'm happy that you also find some time to dedicate to FP.

Ok,I saw the video and tried the demo and I noticed that the code is totally different from the one Rav provided me.

You used the MP to attach the "flashers" to the ball, and if I remember correctly, it's the same technique used to attach the toys,right?
Maybe I'm wrong.....but in the video and also in the demo I seem to understand that only one ball lights up at a time? not 2/3/4... together?

I am sure his code is better and more efficient
If you are referring that of Rav's for me....I say yes.....at least the way I see it!

I showed Rav about a year ago when he said it couldn’t be done :)
Sorry but I didn't understand what you showed Rav.......
Did you show your code in the demo?

I think if Rav told you that it couldn't be done (a year ago) it's because he hadn't yet created codes (xbam) regarding the other "accounting" balls in play.
in fact (and I repeat) that when I asked Him a few months ago, He told me that it was very difficult to achieve, but as you can see in Rastan Rav he achieved it.

Thanks Bob!!I'm happy that you also find some time to dedicate to FP.

Ok,I saw the video and tried the demo and I noticed that the code is totally different from the one Rav provided me.

You used the MP to attach the "flashers" to the ball, and if I remember correctly, it's the same technique used to attach the toys,right?
Maybe I'm wrong.....but in the video and also in the demo I seem to understand that only one ball lights up at a time? not 2/3/4... together?

If you are referring that of Rav's for me....I say yes.....at least the way I see it!

Sorry but I didn't understand what you showed Rav.......
Did you show your code in the demo?

I think if Rav told you that it couldn't be done (a year ago) it's because he hadn't yet created codes (xbam) regarding the other "accounting" balls in play.
in fact (and I repeat) that when I asked Him a few months ago, He told me that it was very difficult to achieve, but as you can see in Rastan Rav he achieved it.
My code can light up some or all of the balls at the same time too ….I also use it to enable ball rolling sounds to multiple balls on the table

Ok,it's not a simple thing to make everything work well.this is a complex table, for years we've talked about improving physics, but the reality is; that the construction of a table is essential to have optimal gameplay (if I think to slam......).So it's not just adding FizX or whatever, you have to process everything, it's not a simple thing.

So....I decided to add the first Fizx 3.2 obviously "full" to Ufo Robot Goldrake in Italia, Ufo Robot Grendizer in general, I care a lot about this table because I inserted the "spoken" in Italian, "Rom" built the table, and I had added many things many years ago, and now it I'm still updating. Here's what:

1) Reshaped the ramp, for better orbit(it wasn't easy).
2) New model's in HQ....I replaced all the models and used the Bam function "xBAM.CreateModel" if you remember the very first version of "Rom" it took a long time to load the table due to the models with a lot of polygons, now with this function it is perfect in these cases, all the models have more than 5000 polygons, and the bust of Goldrake(which I had divided into parts, is now whole)in the ramp that I added is 26000 polygons,the total is sky high regarding the polygons, under normal conditions it wouldn't even open.with this function the table opens in a few seconds, truly incredible!!!
Cattura5.JPG
3)Added Bam staff,and some fixes.

Note; If you observe the first ball at stake, and after the orbit, the ball arrives at the left flipper, but I get an excessive rebound (my opinion), I don't know if it is "Momemtum apsorption" or a normal consequent (response) of rebound Speed/strength of the ball on the flipper to the impact, I wonder you can regulate?

Last edited:
This looks so cool @Paolo ! Love the idea of going back to older tables you have built and refreshing them up. I don't remember this one that you and "Rom" did, but just the song alone is catchy to make me want to play it sometime.

Ok,I distract myself a bit from the hectic life, some time ago I had asked for permission from "MAUIPUNTER" HERE, (so many thanks to those who have contributed)if I could use the graphics and create a version on FP of this "anime" that I remember and that I liked a lot (also the movie) and He was very kind to allow, and therefore this is the result......;)

Now here too, since it seems like a "EM" (for me it is not) I have inserted futuristic sounds taken of the anime, now since I should insert Fizx (in debt time) I wait for an answer on my question on "Fleep" sounds HERE

Greetings

Ok,I distract myself a bit from the hectic life, some time ago I had asked for permission from "MAUIPUNTER" HERE, (so many thanks to those who have contributed)if I could use the graphics and create a version on FP of this "anime" that I remember and that I liked a lot (also the movie) and He was very kind to allow, and therefore this is the result......;)

Now here too, since it seems like a "EM" (for me it is not) I have inserted futuristic sounds taken of the anime, now since I should insert Fizx (in debt time) I wait for an answer on my question on "Fleep" sounds HERE

Greetings
Dang the awesome table creations keep coming! Looks great!

Awesome to have the updated FizX in it. I'm sure it will add a lot of improvements to physics and flippers.

Dang the awesome table creations keep coming! Looks great!

Awesome to have the updated FizX in it. I'm sure it will add a lot of improvements to physics and flippers.
Hi Mark....Your comments are always much appreciated (even by those who comment above) so many thanks......
In reality I haven't added Fizx yet in this table, Fizx is always constantly updated (and a thanks to those who work there) and consequently I have to do the work all over again every time, with every fizx update, time permitting, is not easy.

I was saying, in this table, I haven't added Fizx yet, because it's an "EM" so my "optimal physics" is more than fine, it's not a table like "Goldrake"(
which I am now updating and adding other things, I will show another video later) I'm referring to the complexity of the table, so as I was saying HERE at @Anthias , I will try to please "those" who "are" too demanding (I could write a sermon about this) when it comes to physics, even though they "could" only be a simply user and not an author.

Greetings

Ok....I continue to improve my skills by continuing to update my tables!!! :lol:

So,on this occasion and in this table (very dear to me) I managed to integrate the "ImageList" into the DMD......something I always wanted to learn, and to be honest I didn't know if it was possible, so analyzing the first version of "rom" and its script I understood that "rom" was trying to insert "ImageList" into the DMD, but for some reason didn't finalize it.

However, it wasn't easy for me to figure out( especially fit 3 things into one DMD) how to make it happen but I managed it, the biggest problem for me (and I think for "rom" too) is being able to integrate animations and scoring together in a way that they don't hinder each other.
Therefore with the necessary timers, I managed to create a coherent way, in the sense that when an animation is activated, this is not interrupted by the possible score, which is displayed when there is no animation in progress, and which is displayed when you hit a object.

In this version,I have to redo the fizx part, remove version 3.2, and add 3.3....unless there are other versions released, maybe I'll wait a bit, doing it again every time is hard for me!!
I added several things In this version ,fixed some errors in the script, and I finalized the display that "rom" had added by inserting other clips, in short, a small masterpiece for me, see the video.

Greetings

Ok....I continue to improve my skills by continuing to update my tables!!! :lol:

So,on this occasion and in this table (very dear to me) I managed to integrate the "ImageList" into the DMD......something I always wanted to learn, and to be honest I didn't know if it was possible, so analyzing the first version of "rom" and its script I understood that "rom" was trying to insert "ImageList" into the DMD, but for some reason didn't finalize it.

However, it wasn't easy for me to figure out( especially fit 3 things into one DMD) how to make it happen but I managed it, the biggest problem for me (and I think for "rom" too) is being able to integrate animations and scoring together in a way that they don't hinder each other.
Therefore with the necessary timers, I managed to create a coherent way, in the sense that when an animation is activated, this is not interrupted by the possible score, which is displayed when there is no animation in progress, and which is displayed when you hit a object.

In this version,I have to redo the fizx part, remove version 3.2, and add 3.3....unless there are other versions released, maybe I'll wait a bit, doing it again every time is hard for me!!
I added several things In this version ,fixed some errors in the script, and I finalized the display that "rom" had added by inserting other clips, in short, a small masterpiece for me, see the video.

Greetings

Looks great! (video quality is a bit low) Love the color DMD\screen on the playfield.

It is always awesome to see your progress!
-mark

Ok, I continue to update Space Cadet, since the last update that you can see (HERE) of which I had done many many things, and also added multiball, I had tried to perfect the ramp that Gianfranco had made, for a better uphill of the ball, but I wasn't satisfied it still wasn't as smooth as I wanted.

A small clarification;
The T1/2 Ramps of Fp, in certain situations it is not the best, its construction is an art, with a good sense of geometry, as I did a long time ago for Doctor Who, it is possible to build a decent ramp, but Sometimes that's not enough, a valid solution is a 3D model ramp.
The dear "Rom" together with Francisco, were masters in the creation of 3D model ramps, the late Gianfranco was also good, but without a doubt the greatest difficulty is not building a ramp, but the coordination of the textures.
In fact they, and I now, using "Milkshape" is a crazy pain trying to coordinate the textures, milk does not have suitable "tools" to make things easy for you, so many 3d ramps were with semi-transparent, glossy textures, or with single color chrome.

Having said this, in SC, there is the same problem, Gianfranco did not create a 3D ramp for this very reason, due to the difficulty of coordinating the texture in milk, which in FP is automatically with a suitable texture, so he built the ramp using the Fp one, but this being a particular ramp.... it doesn't appear to be fluid enough even though it was in two parts, then I modified it (in my latest update) and made it in three parts, but it still didn't turn out as I wanted.
So the solution is to build a 3D ramp, it wasn't easy, but I managed it, in the 3D model you can smooth out those points that are created with the Fp ramp when you have multiple parts of the ramp, (a single ramp in this case and too steep) for a better climbing fluidity.

The biggest problem is coordinating the texture, after many attempts I gave up and came up with this solution....
watch the video thanks.

Next step add FizX

I have seen many tables where the FP ramp is made invisible and a poor quality ramp is added under the FP ramp that is visible. It looks like you are doing just the opposite and making your high quality ramp invisible on top of the visible FP ramp.

Ok, I continue to update Space Cadet, since the last update that you can see (HERE) of which I had done many many things, and also added multiball, I had tried to perfect the ramp that Gianfranco had made, for a better uphill of the ball, but I wasn't satisfied it still wasn't as smooth as I wanted.

A small clarification;
The T1/2 Ramps of Fp, in certain situations it is not the best, its construction is an art, with a good sense of geometry, as I did a long time ago for Doctor Who, it is possible to build a decent ramp, but Sometimes that's not enough, a valid solution is a 3D model ramp.
The dear "Rom" together with Francisco, were masters in the creation of 3D model ramps, the late Gianfranco was also good, but without a doubt the greatest difficulty is not building a ramp, but the coordination of the textures.
In fact they, and I now, using "Milkshape" is a crazy pain trying to coordinate the textures, milk does not have suitable "tools" to make things easy for you, so many 3d ramps were with semi-transparent, glossy textures, or with single color chrome.

Having said this, in SC, there is the same problem, Gianfranco did not create a 3D ramp for this very reason, due to the difficulty of coordinating the texture in milk, which in FP is automatically with a suitable texture, so he built the ramp using the Fp one, but this being a particular ramp.... it doesn't appear to be fluid enough even though it was in two parts, then I modified it (in my latest update) and made it in three parts, but it still didn't turn out as I wanted.
So the solution is to build a 3D ramp, it wasn't easy, but I managed it, in the 3D model you can smooth out those points that are created with the Fp ramp when you have multiple parts of the ramp, (a single ramp in this case and too steep) for a better climbing fluidity.

The biggest problem is coordinating the texture, after many attempts I gave up and came up with this solution....
watch the video thanks.

Next step add FizX
@Paolo - since you are obviously making improvements to the Space Cadet table, can you start a WIP thread stating this? It could be helpful as other people are also looking to make improvements to the table. Currently there is only Franz Leo's V2.0 version listed on PN:

Perhaps by starting a WIP thread for your v3.0 you can investigate collaboration with others?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back