Future Pinball Mixed Reality

Multichannel is more channels of sound than stereo like on a home theater system. Most home theater system had from 5 to 9 channels that require separate speakers. There are some simulated or matrixed modes possible as well that are like multichannel. I am guessing you would have to use PUP SSF to get multichannel sound because FP is limited to stereo.

Age of Joy has an MR mode for arcade games

Wow.
I guess I'd get a little dizzy playing arcade games via VR, but pinball and the physical games would be amazing, methinks. I.e. games where you want to reposition your view on the fly.

Did you do a foosball table too? (if so I must have missed it)

Btw, I vaguely recall your actual living room looking something like in the video. Is it indeed modeled that way?

Wow.
I guess I'd get a little dizzy playing arcade games via VR, but pinball and the physical games would be amazing, methinks. I.e. games where you want to reposition your view on the fly.

Did you do a foosball table too? (if so I must have missed it)

Btw, I vaguely recall your actual living room looking something like in the video. Is it indeed modeled that way?
I don’t find it makes me dizzy at all like VR roller coasters do…

My wife and renoed the basement man cave during COVID

We updated the old foosball table , shuffleboard and pool-table . A lot sanding and painting and adding stuff …. Murphy bed and Barn doors etc…

I don’t find it makes me dizzy at all like VR roller coasters do…

My wife and renoed the basement man cave during COVID

We updated the old foosball table , shuffleboard and pool-table . A lot sanding and painting and adding stuff …. Murphy bed and Barn doors etc…

Looks cool! I didn't know you could play several games all at once. Where did you find the arcade games with the cabinets?

Looks cool! I didn't know you could play several games all at once. Where did you find the arcade games with the cabinets?
The games are just good ole mame roms
and the cabinets are available at The Age Of Joy site. You side-load the apk onto Quest 2/3 and then you can run them anywhere wirelessly

I believe over 300 cabinets are available

I haven't tried Age of Joy yet in VR with MR... but I do play Arcade Time Capsule which is very cool.

I haven't tried Age of Joy yet in VR with MR... but I do play Arcade Time Capsule which is very cool.

Ya I saw that too
The actual arcade environment is better than age of joy but it is pc based and needs a better gaming pc than what I have. And I don’t think it does MR and Age of Joy is stand alone in the Headset

sorry to keep boring you with Mixed reality videos, but I am getting lost in the woods a little with this new amazing tech.
Absolutely AMAZING!!
If it were me, I would become part of the matrix very quickly, and wouldn't want to come back to reality!

Absolutely AMAZING!!
If it were me, I would become part of the matrix very quickly, and wouldn't want to come back to reality!
Ya it definitely is another form of escapism
I rarely use my old mame arcade machine ,except for virtual pinball and when we have gamesroom tourneys with the family at holidays, but this is very nostalgic as I wasted a lot of quarters back in the day in arcades.

Oh rabbits, I didn't realise the first time around that VR elements were overlaid right on top of your actual mancave. No, I thought you had painstakingly modeled it in 3D or something. Like zoiks, how cool is that?!

Btw, I believe you were talking about playing amongst yourselves at family get-togethers? Well I was thinking as you're Canucks and all, if there's between 2-4 of you as players, you might like playing Team Hat Trick simultaneously:

See, unlike seemingly every other hockey game, you can see the whole rink at one time, and the players move reasonably steadily instead of racing all over the place. It may not be as 'realistic' as other hockey games, but for my money it's the best playing experience.

Oi Bob, did I just find an alternate to yours..!?

EDIT: Daggit, upload didn't work?

EDIT2: Tried to reupload the file just now. System say's 100% loaded, but doesn't seem to show up in the comment. The name is like this:
Xing Zhilei loves tinkering 爱鼓捣的邢志磊.mp4
EDIT3: Removed the Chinese characters and it worked.

Attachments

• Xing Zhilei loves tinkering.mp4
    26.3 MB
Last edited:
@Gimli,
Finally got it uploaded, yup yup.

I'm not sure if the creator is using the same kind of technique as you, but I'm impressed by how realistic it all looks using presumably out-of-the-box tech.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back