Support File FP Display ImageLists

Future Pinball

Wecoc

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
This script allows importing as code a special kind of ImageLists (which I called Display ImageLists) that can be applied on Display Segment groups. It doesn't rewrite any Display Segment stuff, but in addition to the default functions, now you can apply complex background effects with those ImageLists, with animations similar to DMD. It can even be applied to make transitions between texts, and complex things like that.

segimagepost.png

As often, I made a demo and a manual that explains in detail how to use it, since it has a lot of stuff.
It doesn't require BAM, but it's compatible with it.

Even though the effects in this video seem to use a different and more complex algorithm to convert between image and display, my code is open source, which means it could be expanded to make things like this.

(You can read more about how this was made here)

For my code, I defined three algorithms or "Fill Modes" that should be enough in most cases; unfilled, filled and complex.

segdemo01.png

segdemo02.png

segdemo03.png

Even though the bitmaps are small, since converting them manually to code format one by one can be very tedious, I also included a Python code that does that process automatically for you. Since it's just an extra tool, it doesn't need to be included in your table's folder.

Attachments

• Display Image List Demo.zip
    982.4 KB · Views: 4
Looks really cool! I never thought segmented displays could do something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back