VPX Support File BAM A new simple frontend for Visual and Future Pinball

So now for dedicated machines it can be launched as FE and only thing seen. much like bigbox or similar stuff?

So now for dedicated machines it can be launched as FE and only thing seen. much like bigbox or similar stuff?

It will start automatically with system and no other things on screen other than VPR (VP Rocket). You can return to normal by removing shell selection from setup. You can access task manager with ctrl-alt-canc.

That's what I though. Nicely done and very welcomed by those with dedicated pinball setups.

New version 2.0.5 now can use a different directory for screenshots.

nevermind. for some reason, new posts showed up after I posted!

In any case, site says v2.0.50b but i've downloaded and it is now at 2.0.5.1 when running the app.

Yes, it is a bug correction release. Thank you.

I always welcome bug fixes :)
Just keep us posted. I'm using this as exclusive front end for FP and VPX since you launched it so I want to stay on top of things.

Just don't start to complicate it as it's simplicity is perfect for me ;)

I love the simplicity of the frontend, especially for FP tables.

I've noticed two problems that I can't get rid of:
1 - Screenshots. I take them. Aparently, they are saved. However they don't get shown within the app. Also, although I defined the folder where the screenshots should be saved, I just can't find any file there. They're empty.
2 - VPX setup. From time to time, I notice that the paths I've defined simply disappear. They get somehow erased.

Thanks for the app. It's very good, anyway.

@telmoabff
I don't use the screenshots so I can't comment on that ( i did test and can read a few pages back) but regarding the paths I'm using the app since he 1st advertise it here and I never had that issue. And the updates are, download the file and overwrite the .exe.

Usual suspect of removing stuff would be the anti-virus and out of that I can't think of any other reason

I love the simplicity of the frontend, especially for FP tables.

I've noticed two problems that I can't get rid of:
1 - Screenshots. I take them. Aparently, they are saved. However they don't get shown within the app. Also, although I defined the folder where the screenshots should be saved, I just can't find any file there. They're empty.
2 - VPX setup. From time to time, I notice that the paths I've defined simply disappear. They get somehow erased.

Thanks for the app. It's very good, anyway.

1: if you have done the screenshots before defining directory it is possible that they was saved anywhere. May be in the app director. Search and move them.
2: this is a strange behavior, do you have some kind of cleaning app?

@telmoabff
I don't use the screenshots so I can't comment on that ( i did test and can read a few pages back) but regarding the paths I'm using the app since he 1st advertise it here and I never had that issue. And the updates are, download the file and overwrite the .exe.

Usual suspect of removing stuff would be the anti-virus and out of that I can't think of any other reason
Oh... the app is always up-to-date... Gonna check if there is any antivirus alert/occurence...

Thanks!

1: if you have done the screenshots before defining directory it is possible that they was saved anywhere. May be in the app director. Search and move them.
2: this is a strange behavior, do you have some kind of cleaning app?
Hey, there. Thanks for the great and minimalist app. Use it quite often.

1: I definately screenshot a few tables after creating the folder. Procedure: I start the table > press PRINTSCR key (it says "snapshot saved") > close table. No pictures are shown on the app. No file is saved in the folder.
2: It has just happened again... App alerted me I hadn't (supposedly) setup paths for VPX... However, I did... Yesterday... All fields were empty again... About once a week I do some kind of maintenance (AV, AM, defrag, reg cleaning, etc.). But I did nothing between yesterday and today.

Update: just before I wrote this message, I started the app and setup VPX paths... A few minutes later, I went in there and the paths were gone...

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2023-02-02 080005.png
    Captura de tela 2023-02-02 080005.png
    166 KB · Views: 3
Hey, there. Thanks for the great and minimalist app. Use it quite often.

1: I definately screenshot a few tables after creating the folder. Procedure: I start the table > press PRINTSCR key (it says "snapshot saved") > close table. No pictures are shown on the app. No file is saved in the folder.
2: It has just happened again... App alerted me I hadn't (supposedly) setup paths for VPX... However, I did... Yesterday... All fields were empty again... About once a week I do some kind of maintenance (AV, AM, defrag, reg cleaning, etc.). But I did nothing between yesterday and today.
Do you start vprocket in administrator mode?

Another update... setup VPX paths again... Tried to run a table... it says "error starting program, 53 - arquivo não encontrado"... Then closed app and tried again... Paths were gone...

The only difference between the FP and VPX directory structure is that in FP all tables are in one single folder. In VPX I have the tables in subfolders (one level)...

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2023-02-02 080508.png
    Captura de tela 2023-02-02 080508.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 1
Do you start vprocket in administrator mode?
I tried it once but I don't like it because the tables get shown in windowed mode, not full screen. I can't fix it...

I tried it once but I don't like it because the tables get shown in windowed mode, not full screen. I can't fix it...
You need to start VPX alone (in administrator mode) and regulate the video options.

I add rules button (I/R) that show textmode rules. User can fill textbox and save rules directly from program. Rules will be saved in screenshot directory. This in 2.0.5.2 version.

v 2.0.5.3: Added jpeg rules (button I/R). If there is a name-of-table.vpt.jpg files in tables directory this image will be displayed instead of text rules. Added Rnd button from main to start a random table from list.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back