World's Fair Jigsaw (Rock-Ola, 1933) MOD

VPX Rock-ola Flipperless Recreation World's Fair Jigsaw (Rock-Ola, 1933) MOD v1.0

No permission to download

xenonph

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
xenonph submitted a new resource:

World's Fair Jigsaw (Rock-Ola, 1933) MOD - Commemorated the Chicago World's Fair of 1933.

World's Fair Jigsaw (Rock-Ola 1933) MOD v1.0
IPD No. 1295

Original Table and Backglass by Randr
LUT Option added by Xenonph

Toggle LUT's by holding down Left Magna-Save, and pressing Right Magna-Save.
Randr deserves all the credit for this masterpiece.
Huge thanks to him for sharing this treasure!
When his VPinball site was taken offline, this table and backglass was lost with it.

If Randr asks me to remove this mod, I will remove it...

Read more about this resource...

Love them 30's Rock-o-la's. I have a World's Series myself I need to restore. Bought Danny Millers parts game since he had two. His Jigsaw is probably the resource used for Randr's build. Danny and I used to set up our 30's PM's at the local shows, PPE and PAGG. Man time flies :) Thanks for reviving this cool piece of history Charles!

Thanks for this mod! <3

I really love how mechanicals (or was this one a super-early EM?) could do cool, clever stuff like this using mechanical ingenuity.

Oy @druadic,
What's your opinion on this one, with it's cool puzzle-drop toy?

Isaac it's not an EM. It's a PM, Pure Mechanical. All accomplished on one stretch of it's main spring. World's Series (1934) same way. All the animations running on one stretch of the spring when the coin slide is pushed in. Amazing engineering even by today's standards.

Isaac it's not an EM. It's a PM, Pure Mechanical. All accomplished on one stretch of it's main spring. World's Series (1934) same way. All the animations running on one stretch of the spring when the coin slide is pushed in. Amazing engineering even by today's standards.
Dang, thanks for the correction, Cliffy.

So I've only ever worked on 70's EM's.
What's it like working on games like this, if I may ask?

And is there something that got you in to these mechanicals in particular, or would stuff like this just be a notable portion of your collection..?

Oh I got into them when I went to but a guys Jumping Jack in Berkeley and I saw he had stacks of 1930's games in his basement. He actually wanted to sell them as well but wasn't advertising them yet. I absolutely, undeniably fell head over heels in love with his Bally Blue Ribbon and his Daval American Beauty. I walked out with all 3. I restored the Jumping Jack and the Blue Ribbon. The American Beauty still awaits. As for the process They are a little harder as so few resources and parts available. I made my own legs for the blue ribbon as NONE are available. The coin slide took a few years to find the correct Bally one. It's all fun though of course. You can see all I did on my page here, if you like;

and heres the jumping jack https://www.passionforpinball.com/jjresto.htm

By the way- my Blue Ribbon is 91 years old now!!!

Oh and I wanted to help the guy sell these to the right people so I told Danny Miller about him and he bought the jigsaw, world's series and probably a dozen others.

To add a little to my passion please keep in mind- 1933 was the height (or depths) of the depression in America and some parts of Europe. Imagine reaching into your pocket and pulling out a penny to play a game of pinball. Thats hard enough to imagine, right? That penny could go towards an egg or loaf of bread. Penny games were common but look at Bally. 5 cents to play!!! A nickel! How ballsy were they to are ask a nickel per game but the quality of workmanship and game play value was certainly there. It's the history that draws me in

Thanks for this mod! <3

I really love how mechanicals (or was this one a super-early EM?) could do cool, clever stuff like this using mechanical ingenuity.

Oy @druadic,
What's your opinion on this one, with it's cool puzzle-drop toy?
I never got into this one for some reason and don't ask why. Personally it's an interesting table and it is PURE MECHANICAL - NOT an EM like Genco's Spitfire which IS an EM.

I do like Rockola's machines don't get me wrong but I haven't played this one YET. I'll have to find the time to try it and thanks for the post. I'm currently TRYING to get VPX to work with my EVGA 1660 Super properly so there are some settings I need to play around with.

Whomever did this release it looks great. It's clean, albeit a bit too cartoonish for me but it's gorgeous. Wish I could get some graphics as nice as that for sure. It must have taken a lot of work to get that table done and I know how that goes with a ton of redraws myself. Some of those redraws are not as simple as folks think they are.

The mechanical pre war machines could pull off some amazing stunts to say the least. Give me time and I'll check it out for sure.

d-

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back