Code/Example Support File FP Reflector dll extraction of Future pinball class, methods, types.

Coding and examples for future Pinball and BAM
Future Pinball

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
Example
Reflector dll extraction of Future pinball class, methods, types.

Attachments

• Dll exgractgion Methods.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Dll exgractgion Methods class and type useage.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • Interop.FUTUREPINBALLLib.zip
    95 KB · Views: 4
Example
Reflector dll extraction of Future pinball class, methods, types.
extraction, MY BAD

I included the decompiled dll file,
use Visual studio 2015, load as a .net 4 visual basic or C#Template.
Open the dll as a soliution then analyse the file as a Class, you can then 2 see all methods and what options are avail to use like x,y,z etc etc.

Here is the .cs list, you can see some of the methods in a preview box in windows file explorer
I can upload the project file if anyone knows this better than I do, my hacking and cracking days are long long gone since the amiga.

Attachments

• FUTUREPINBALLLib.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It is a lot of code. What does it do?

I extracted the info from future pinball exe to see what vb commands were available in scripting, sence nobody seems to have a definitive list. The manual tells you but it isn't a complete list.

It is a lot of code. What does it do?
grab the zip file I sent today.
do youi want my whole visual studio 2015 decompile so its all done for you? it will show you the methods used for each of the clases, I have visual studio 2015 portable somwhere around here.

grab the zip file I sent today.
do youi want my whole visual studio 2015 decompile so its all done for you? it will show you the methods used for each of the clases, I have visual studio 2015 portable somwhere around here.

I'm not a very good coder so it probably won't help me but thanks for offering.

Thanks for this HZR. Very cool to see all the details. I now curious about what programming language FuturePinball was written in and if there is other ways to decompile FP.exe to eventually get to a source code base to add new features to the editor.

Thanks for this HZR. Very cool to see all the details. I now curious about what programming language FuturePinball was written in and if there is other ways to decompile FP.exe to eventually get to a source code base to add new features to the editor.
My focus got pulled away from this as this was either done or people did not seem interested.
Im pretty sure its all visual basic 6. Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever messed with vis.studio, tearing apart dll and exe files.
Lol It was trial and error, I was determined to find some sort of listing for scripting. I almost had it.
I did manage to do a MAP, but it isnt how I wanted it to come out.
Also ot was a pain In the A** to try and get the methodds for each class.
Ill zip up my work folders now and add a link. Enjoy

By the way anyone What is DEADMANTIMER ? it looks to be a available procedure

extraction, MY BAD

I included the decompiled dll file,
use Visual studio 2015, load as a .net 4 visual basic or C#Template.
Open the dll as a soliution then analyse the file as a Class, you can then 2 see all methods and what options are avail to use like x,y,z etc etc.

Here is the .cs list, you can see some of the methods in a preview box in windows file explorer
I can upload the project file if anyone knows this better than I do, my hacking and cracking days are long long gone since the amiga.
Bam exported functions list

Attachments

• xBam_exported functions v365.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
By the way anyone What is DEADMANTIMER ? it looks to be a available procedure
I've not heard that one. Is the procedure in FP original or as a part of BAM?

I see it now - in the Global list.
procedure nvVivaKillDeadManTimer; dispid 14;
procedure nvVivaStartDeadManTimer; dispid 15;

I was thinking it was related to tilting, but the concept of a timer is confusing.

Im pretty sure its all visual basic 6. Believe it or not, this was the first time I have ever messed with vis.studio, tearing apart dll and exe files.
I wonder what the investment in time would be to actually decompile and recreate FP.exe editor. I would love to work on adding more editor features which enable more BAM items.

I've programmed a ton in VB 6 so that part wouldn't be difficult at all.

try this, maybe you can make sense of it. Future Pinball.exe Dev Version (possibly)
extracted and sorted

Attachments

• _____TEST_FP UNIEXTRACT.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 3
Code:
procedure nvVivaKillDeadManTimer; dispid 14;
procedure nvVivaStartDeadManTimer; dispid 15;
I wouldn't focus on anything Viva related, since it was very independent of the software most people used and still use today.

It's a bit hard to explain, but basically, FP integrated some stuff for an alternative "mode" that would be used on virtual machines, something called Viva Pinball. The FP Exe was updated to include a lot of variables that worked for that mode, which handled some things differently (nudge, high score, credits, etc.). Hence, you will find a lot of Viva variables buried in the executable, but they aren't used for the program itself, nor have nothing to do with the Dev mode.

I never got to use that version since it was only available for a few users who were more close to Viva Pinball, therefore someone more active during that time probably will be able to explain it better, and also answer what is that "Kill Dead Man Timer" variable. In any case, I wouldn't focus much on that.

I wouldn't focus on anything Viva related, since it was very independent of the software most people used and still use today.

It's a bit hard to explain, but basically, FP integrated some stuff for an alternative "mode" that would be used on virtual machines, something called Viva Pinball. The FP Exe was updated to include a lot of variables that worked for that mode, which handled some things differently (nudge, high score, credits, etc.). Hence, you will find a lot of Viva variables buried in the executable, but they aren't used for the program itself, nor have nothing to do with the Dev mode.

I never got to use that version since it was only available for a few users who were more close to Viva Pinball, therefore someone more active during that time probably will be able to explain it better, and also answer what is that "Kill Dead Man Timer" variable. In any case, I wouldn't focus much on that.
Well, after Buen Diseno (David R. Foley), Chris tried to licence FP to Viva (an Italian manufacturer) for a pack with 5 arcade games and 5 pinball games.

Null to the VIVA! got ya. interesting

Well, after Buen Diseno (David R. Foley), Chris tried to licence FP to Viva (an Italian manufacturer) for a pack with 5 arcade games and 5 pinball games.
absolutely NO information about this available online. How did you know this Popotte ?
I dont doubt you just curious

Because I was involved în this (dead) project.

Popotte Popette - didn't you work with Chris at times on FP? Building some models or such? Do you still have the dev version of FP?

[Edit for name correction - sorry!]

Last edited:
First, I'm Popotte not Popette...
Second, Chris liked my tables, don't ask me why as I don't know why.
Third, Chris always tell me when newer release breaks my table (New kickers, ...),
Fourth, I never had the dev version.
But I'm still on FP...

Last edited:
BAM<, FP EXTRACTION FUNCTIONS AND ORDINAL

Attachments

• FP DEvil DLL.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • FP_BAM_DLL.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
  • FP_ILU_DLL.pdf
    752.6 KB · Views: 2
  • FP_FMOD_DLL.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 4
  • FP_ILUT_DLL.pdf
    906.1 KB · Views: 2
  • FP_LIBCURL_DLL.pdf
    797 KB · Views: 2
  • FP_LIBGIO_DLL.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • FP_LIBGLIB_DLL.jpeg
    13.2 MB · Views: 1
  • FP_LIBGMODULE.pdf
    516.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FP_LIBGOBJECT_DLL.pdf
    20.1 MB · Views: 1
  • FP_LIBGSF_DLL.pdf
    15.8 MB · Views: 0
  • FP_LIBXML2_DLL.jpeg
    17.6 MB · Views: 1
  • FP_NEWTON_DLL.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back