Pup Packs no longer play on Backglass, but DO play on DMD screen

Mikeypin6

Pinball Player
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Pinbot
Pup packs used to play on Backglass properly. After complete reinstall of VPX and Popper (after Win 11 installed itself on my machine and messed everything up) Pup packs will not show at all on the backglass, however the game still runs. Dirty Harry used to have a Pup pack for the backglass. When I go to pup pack editor, I can get the screens to show properly on the backglass, however the VPX game will not start the pup pack at all. Other games that show the pup pack on the DMD screen run fine. B2S screen shows "activate plugins" checked. "Plugins Settings" button is grayed out, but as I remember it always was. B2Sserverpluginnterface.dll and PinupplayerB2Sdriver ARE in plugins folder. No matter what I try, the Dirty Harry Pup Pack first screen (which acts as the basic backglass) will not appear, the windows desktop just stays there.

I think the problem is the monitors (not) persistent IDs.

Just run pupdisplayconfig or whatever is the name (i can't see it right now) and also, run b2s... file to configure b2s and also vpx setup. I actually do this in the reverse order I wrote :D

And call VPX and go to properties and then make sure the display 1 is set correctly and correct resolution.

I think the problem is the monitors (not) persistent IDs.

Just run pupdisplayconfig or whatever is the name (i can't see it right now) and also, run b2s... file to configure b2s and also vpx setup. I actually do this in the reverse order I wrote :D

And call VPX and go to properties and then make sure the display 1 is set correctly and correct resolution.
I ran pup display config and it IS showing the correct screen for the backglass. Also B2S setup just shows the size and location of the backglass. The backglass is display 3 on my system. I have a feeling it something with the plug in or .dll not being called or able to be called by VPX. The grayed out "plugins settings" on the B2S properties screen bothers me, but I think it was always grayed out even when the backglass pup videos were working working.

Pup packs used to play on Backglass properly. After complete reinstall of VPX and Popper (after Win 11 installed itself on my machine and messed everything up) Pup packs will not show at all on the backglass, however the game still runs. Dirty Harry used to have a Pup pack for the backglass. When I go to pup pack editor, I can get the screens to show properly on the backglass, however the VPX game will not start the pup pack at all. Other games that show the pup pack on the DMD screen run fine. B2S screen shows "activate plugins" checked. "Plugins Settings" button is grayed out, but as I remember it always was. B2Sserverpluginnterface.dll and PinupplayerB2Sdriver ARE in plugins folder. No matter what I try, the Dirty Harry Pup Pack first screen (which acts as the basic backglass) will not appear, the windows desktop just stays there.
Mikey...do you go online with your PB cab PC??
imo, its too late.
ive been doing this for almost 15yrs.
you let the internet in with a major upgrade/update.
it destroyed your BG, DMD, pinmame paths and everything else.
get it back then stay off the internet with your PB PC.
it might be ok to go on briefly for an update then disconnect.
try and do your updates with a thumbdrive. stay off
i had problems on my PB PC until i strayed off the internet.
i don't have a full cab with BG and DMD etc.... 1 48class PF screen
i was having problems with errors a lot.
most of the time it was pinmame errors.
i stayed off with my PB PC and the errors stopped.
sometimes i would get an error but not that much.
i would do the PinMame paths offline again and i was good.
try it for 1-2 weeks. use another PC to go online.

Last edited:
Mikey...do you go online with your PB cab PC??
imo, its too late.
ive been doing this for almost 15yrs.
you let the internet in with a major upgrade/update.
it destroyed your BG, DMD, pinmame paths and everything else.
get it back then stay off the internet with your PB PC.
it might be ok to go on briefly for an update then disconnect.
try and do your updates with a thumbdrive. stay off
i had problems on my PB PC until i strayed off the internet.
i don't have a full cab with BG and DMD etc.... 1 48class PF screen
i was having problems with errors a lot.
most of the time it was pinmame errors.
i stayed off with my PB PC and the errors stopped.
sometimes i would get an error but not that much.
i would do the PinMame paths offline again and i was good.
try it for 1-2 weeks. use another PC to go online.
Good to know for the future...but I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. Pup packs are not that important, just nice for a few games - like Dirty Harry and Playboy 2002. I can live without it but want to figure out why it isn't working.

Good to know for the future...but I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. Pup packs are not that important, just nice for a few games - like Dirty Harry and Playboy 2002. I can live without it but want to figure out why it isn't working.
it's not working because you let the internet overwrite all your files destroying all the pinball configs for BG, DMD, pup packs and pinmame.
everything got scrambled
i'm surprised any of your stuff still works after the beating it took.
like you said in your first post...(after Win 11 installed itself on my machine and messed everything up)

Last edited:
it's not working because you let the internet overwrite all your files destroying all the pinball configs.
like you said in your first post...(after Win 11 installed itself on my machine and messed everything up)
Yes, but then I removed all the VPX files and reinstalled Popper from scratch. All works fine except the Pup Packs that show on the backglass. I did the same thing the first time I installed Popper a year ago and the pup packs I installed then worked fine. They should work now too since I did the exact same install procedure. There must be a fix for this. I will find it eventually. (I can't be the first person this happened to...)

Yes, but then I removed all the VPX files and reinstalled Popper from scratch. All works fine except the Pup Packs that show on the backglass. I did the same thing the first time I installed Popper a year ago and the pup packs I installed then worked fine. They should work now too since I did the exact same install procedure. There must be a fix for this. I will find it eventually. (I can't be the first person this happened to...)
Sorry, Installed Baller Installer from Scratch.

ok, just tryin' to give you an idea of what might have happened.

Last edited:
Don't blame the "internet" please.
Disclaimer: I don't care for any VP before VPX but I do have EVERYTHING updated on my PC to the latest and I do check often to make sure I keep things that way.

And this PC even has a weird config regarding monitors where one is actually a tablet connected via spacedesk software in a tethered connection. So, lets say my monitors change their IDs... regularly :D

So I do have problems... regularly, hence my post above.

Every software has bugs. Every software house releases bad updates but regarding this specific problem I do not think it is the case. I've been wrong before and AMD and Microsoft are notorious for this (just 2 examples). And I still have my VR connected which is seen as display too so you can imagine the headaches I had before.

I really can't understand why people are eager to blame updates instead of fixed or reporting (at least) what is wrong with FACTS.

Don't blame the "internet" please.
Disclaimer: I don't care for any VP before VPX but I do have EVERYTHING updated on my PC to the latest and I do check often to make sure I keep things that way.

And this PC even has a weird config regarding monitors where one is actually a tablet connected via spacedesk software in a tethered connection. So, lets say my monitors change their IDs... regularly :D

So I do have problems... regularly, hence my post above.

Every software has bugs. Every software house releases bad updates but regarding this specific problem I do not think it is the case. I've been wrong before and AMD and Microsoft are notorious for this (just 2 examples). And I still have my VR connected which is seen as display too so you can imagine the headaches I had before.

I really can't understand why people are eager to blame updates instead of fixed or reporting (at least) what is wrong with FACTS.
that's not what i meant.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back