Odd rubberband slingshot, shape point

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
any ideas? havent thought it out quite yet.

Attachments

• ___Untitled-1.jpg
    ___Untitled-1.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 9
Maybe? or treat it as a a rubber qwa.
can rubber walls have strenghts? or only fizx diverters?

RubberWallType(1)=6 , I assume not since I dont see any eztensive code for wall materials

Attachments

• ___Untitled-2.jpg
    ___Untitled-2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 7
I have never seen a slingshot like that before. How do you find all these odd tables?

It might be possible to add diverters on each side of the V shape but the models we have are most likely too long, but it might not work either. I would probably not add diverters. It looks like the original slings need to be used.

You can shape the walls to match the shape of the rubber although I have not seen anyone do it yet.

The invisible rubber post looks like it is in the wrong place on the screenshot of message 2. It looks like you could add about 4 invisible rubber posts if there are existing posts anyway.

You have worked on enough tables to know how to do it and have probably drawn these same conclusions already so this posting probably doesn't help.

the diverters wont work, and yes to long, its not a slingshot so to speak, its at the top of the table around a model.

what I did in 2 seems to work, I use the rubberpost set at 6 and both bands set at 5 to give it a hit when the ball hits it, only other thing I could do is nothing, or make it a rubber wall. things to think about, maye a fizx model for shapepint rubbers? a shape point diverter ?
Leave it to me to find the weird stuff., prob nest to leave it be, or cut it and make 90% rubber wall and the rest a slingshot shaped as a ""U"" ?
Dunno, just throwing it out there.

ps, I know there needs more rubber posts, I may just leave the sling shot part alone. its just a table im toying with to get the ssf sounds and script working right so I know how to finish up my updates.(iron man, bttf and revised elmStreet, tales form the crypt, tron, jurassic park, .. i have other just didnt release them, yet...).

t.y...

I can only think of 3 solutions:
- Leave that one alone :D
- use old method of making one of the "points" of the rubber be act slingshot (right click it for options in the GUI)
- probably the best but harder to do, use a combo of fizx rubbers and bands in "serial" to adjust for teh curve. make sure all have teh same elasticity in the rubberxxxtype in the script.

Rubberwalls can't have strength assigned as far as I know. Last time I tried (it was a long time ago) they seemed to "catch" Hard rubber material (but memory is very fuzzy so...)

Option is to use rubberband on it ... maybe?

i don't understand what you want to make..
Shape of this rubber is not possible. Just because it's virtual doesn't mean you shouldn't follow certain rules of life.

slamtilt
i don't understand what you want to make..
Shape of this rubber is not possible. Just because it's virtual doesn't mean you shouldn't follow certain rules of life.
This is slamtilt table, not mine

IIts a rubber band boundary surrounding a toy model.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back