Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
The AIO has these comments for Ball_Material:

"ball vs ball physics. Ball hitting other balls has more bounce"

I don't understand this. Would someone explain it?

Self-explanatory. I personally don't understand the question.
I think it is a valid analogy to think like *Mat entries in XML but for specifics you'll have to wait for JLou which is on vacation.

I can tell you for reference how FP ID the materials internally though:

Materials in BAM
----------------

Const mat_ball = 2
Const mat_metal = 12
Const mat_wood = 16
Const mat_plastic = 20
Const mat_rubb_hard = 24
Const mat_rubb_med = 28
Const mat_rubb_soft = 32

Literally this.

Changing the value will change the amount of bounce a ball colliding into another ball will have. Doesn't do anything for only one ball in play.

So in multiball, if you have some balls trapped by a flipper and another ball rolled and collided into them.... this setting will affect how much that ball will make the others bounce away. Or if many balls are rolling around, how much they will affect each other when colliding.

Literally this.

Changing the value will change the amount of bounce a ball colliding into another ball will have. Doesn't do anything for only one ball in play.

So in multiball, if you have some balls trapped by a flipper and another ball rolled and collided into them.... this setting will affect how much that ball will make the others bounce away. Or if many balls are rolling around, how much they will affect each other when colliding.

Thanks, That explains it. It seems to work the opposite of what I would expect but that is OK. Two balls bounce more on a low value and less on a high value.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back