DW jukebox

coaklnic000

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Beatles
Hi all I’ve been using DW Jukebox for a while. It’s an old program. Is there any to normalize the volume of all the songs in the Jukebox? Some songs are louder than others. Thanks

Some facts:
- Songs with high dynamic range have quieter and louder parts.
- Some songs are simply played louder than others
- There's a thing called "loudness wars" (I'll let you google for that) and these will always be perceived as being loud even at lower volume (which is the point even if it ruins dynamic range and generally speaking any song)

I quickly googled for that software and the link pointed to a YT video that is 11 years old. I'm a bleeding edge type of guy so, good luck :)

/edit
Forgot to mention, if DW Jukebox can't detect Replay Gain metadata from your files (assuming they have that data already) the only way to normalize is by editing the files...I'll let you google for normalization, compression and ... Audacity ;)

Why don't you use something like foobar2000 (personal favourite), Media Monkey, MusicBee, etc, scan the library for replay gain, and call it a day?

Last edited:
I also use audacity for the sound of my tables. The handy software for shaping perfect loops. I normalize between -2 and -4 db

I have used MP3Gain and found it to be great at normalizing my MP3 collection.

I don't use mp3 but the point remains. MP3Gain or Audacity (or whatever software) make irreversible changes to the file so the re-encode is necessary and time consuming. Quite unlike ReplayGain that is just added metadata that any newer program can read and apply on the fly. It can be done by track or by album and is obviously way faster.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back