HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
Which script is correct?

'KickerSave.CreateBall: <-- Original Code
Call CreateCustomBall (KickerSave, DefaultBall, 13.5, 70, 1.0)
KickerSave.SolenoidPulse

OR

'KickerSave.CreateBall: <-- Original Code
Call KickerSave.CreateCustomBall (KickerSave, DefaultBall, 13.5, 70, 1.0)
KickerSave.SolenoidPulse

I Have been using the First one with

Call CreateCustomBall (KickerSave, DefaultBall, 13.5, 70, 1.0)

I have always used the following code as I describe on Custom Balls:

Function CreateCustomBall ( Source, BallName, Opacity )
Function CreateCaptiveCustomBall ( Source, BallName, Opacity )

I have never seen "Call KickerSave.CreateCustomBall". Does it work?

I have always used the following code as I describe on Custom Balls:

Function CreateCustomBall ( Source, BallName, Opacity )
Function CreateCaptiveCustomBall ( Source, BallName, Opacity )

I have never seen "Call KickerSave.CreateCustomBall". Does it work?
Ill try it, dont think it will, as the source is set as kickersave, it works the way I have it, seems to anyways.

I dont understand how to add and use adddebug in a script or I would set debug points.
maybe someone will do a tutorial on that. (hint hint)

Ill try it, dont think it will, as the source is set as kickersave, it works the way I have it, seems to anyways.

I dont understand how to add and use adddebug in a script or I would set debug points.
Im also still having issues with shutter, I dont think its a music channel conflict. removed all balls accept default, also removed shadowmaps etc. and raytracing

FP manual is the place to look for that kind of thing.

I add this under Option Explicit

Code:
' ################################# DEBUG ##################################

' - to enable debug info, launch the table from the editor with F9
' - this will display debug info on the screen while playing
' - it will also write debug info to fpDebugTextLog.txt (in the same folder as the table file)

LogDebugTextToDisk()

' ****** BAM Startup and Version Check ******

xBAM.CreateAllExt()    ' create BAM Extension commands (place below Option Explicit)
    Const BAM_VERSION = 0
    AddDebugText "BAM Version: " & BAM_VERSION
    LogDebugTextToDisk()

' ##########################################################################

Then wherever you want to have Debug info show.... use the command:

AddDebugText "Your text here"

..and you can mix it with a variable, etc

AddDebugText "Your text here" & variable

Then start the table in Debug mode with F9. This will also output everything to a text file where the table is located.

All PinEvent tables show many Debug examples.

I have that from your fizx, but I dont understand how I would debug like a kicker.
say a kicker named SGkicker on left side drop targets isnt working or for some reason it seems like it kicks out of a sub/end sub
how would I degug that? maybe I make it harder than it is.
btw thanks both of you for help
?

the log doesnt show much, like a mediation error..... and like anontet was saying, a lot of time it sends your script error right to the DrawFrameTick line in fizx3. arrrrrg...lol

The LOG file only shows what you add for Debug commands. That's it.

Add a Debug command right after that action you want to track. Can be whatever you want... as many as you want.

I have that from your fizx, but I dont understand how I would debug like a kicker.
say a kicker named SGkicker on left side drop targets isnt working or for some reason it seems like it kicks out of a sub/end sub
how would I degug that? maybe I make it harder than it is.
btw thanks both of you for help
?

the log doesnt show much, like a mediation error..... and like anontet was saying, a lot of time it sends your script error right to the DrawFrameTick line in fizx3. arrrrrg...lol

The problem, is that FP can't report some BAM specific functions, as it was never coded to do so. Using things like DrawFrameTick and NewtonPhysicsTick were only possible after BAM was created... so when the table has some errors... FP will eventually get hung up on those Subs.

Sometimes, its easier to disable both Sub DrawFrame and Sub Netwon, etc (if used)... to try to narrow down errors. Sometimes that helps... sometimes it doesn't.

I usually watch what the ball hits in slow.motiom, that way I know where to start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Heard a different Aaron Neville song earlier, saw him in New Orleans...
      Reactions: xenonph
      Back