1k Physics Ball Question

Guinness

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
Quick Question about the 1K Ball and Balls Folder/extra skins.

I got the default.zip for the 1K ball in the BAM folder so all my FizX tables can default to the newer physics. Also in BAM got a Balls folder with all my other various ball skins which can be changed through BAM once a table has loaded. I sometimes like to use certain skins with certain tables depending on the theme.

So my question is, does changing to a new ball in this manner (through BAM) simply reskin the 1K ball or does it change the ball entirely and resort back to older ball physics?

Yes, that's exactly what it does. The Balls folder is just changing textures on the default ball model.

The 1k Ball is only changing the model of the default ball.

Thank you so much for the reply TerryRed, and thank you for your contributions to the table building community and the evolution of Future Pinball and BAM.

I been on again off again with Future Pinball over the years, I've always been impressed with it's 3D engine but it's physics, not so much. The copy and paste physics code you and George posted a few years back helped a little, but it really still didn't quite get things where they needed it to be.

Then I come back to find this new FizX physics is here so I decided to check these new revamped tables out and was blown away. Now the ball has real weight to it, the angles make since, real life pin tricks like tap passing and post passing and live catches and flipper nudging all work as they should now. It's a whole new game.

And thanks to your FizX V3 tutorial video it really is easy to fix up any table in my library for FizX, and along with that using BAM to add shadow maps and ray shadows on the ball. All that together with the ball rolling sounds and hit sounds and wide range of mech sounds the code from the AIO table adds these 15 year old tables I have are coming to life like I never thought possible and this long thought dated program is now holding it's own against professional pinball programs like Pinball FX3. It really is amazing to see Future Pinball finally have it's day.

So thank you again for all your work to this community, with insane table work and videos you post. I know it's a lot of hard work.

Cheers

It's the hard work from ravarcade with BAM, examples from other tables over the years, and various BAM feature examples in topics, previous works for older physics updates and now FizX physics thanks to JLou that allows it all to happen.

There are many tables on FP you will never see anywhere else... so if they can look better, sound better, and now play much better... then there's lots of life left in it.

Thanks @Guinness for your support.
I didn't see your post before today 😅.
Sorry

No there is FizX 3.2 which is ready.. and will make another huge improvment... Not in gameplay, but in CPU performance and easy way how to update old table... With FizX 3.2, native FP rubber work with FizX.

Now we need to update tutorial ( we....uuuh.. mostly @TerryRed 😅 ), and our topic in Pinball Nirvana

Last edited:
Am I reading this right? I hope I'm reading it right. No more needing to replace every rubber and posts? That's going to speed things up so much for FizX conversions.

exactly 😉
I need to admit that since the begining i worked on FizX from the very fisrt version of FizX, i never test to update a table. @AnonTet and @TerryRed did it for me and feedback me.
So for the first time, i did it on a pretty simple table. ACDC ultimate pro.. it took me only less than 10min to put full FizX ( except slingshot and bumper, but it's fast too ), tune it a little, and working perfect

Nice, so just slingshots, bumpers/skirts, and main code are at it's core are what's needed now. It's going to speed things up so much.

Too bad we cant find a way around the 30 item limit when importing the mech sounds. Going through the 7 folders to drag and drop mech sounds and hoping you don't accidentally skip one is so tedious.

for importing sound, it's a little compromise compare to the time you win with automatic ball hit sound 😉 on all element. Even in VPX we don't have feature like this

Nice, so just slingshots, bumpers/skirts, and main code are at it's core are what's needed now. It's going to speed things up so much.

Too bad we cant find a way around the 30 item limit when importing the mech sounds. Going through the 7 folders to drag and drop mech sounds and hoping you don't accidentally skip one is so tedious.

Not even close to as tedious as dealing with 1000's of images for videos when importing into FP. :) even worse if you need to delete 100's of images from an animation, as you can only delete one file at a time.

In an other way, we can use library (.fpl). Just find here 3 libraries (models, sounds and music). After, you have just to link the library (and select all the items).

Attachments

• Libraries.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
exactly 😉
I need to admit that since the begining i worked on FizX from the very fisrt version of FizX, i never test to update a table. @AnonTet and @TerryRed did it for me and feedback me.
So for the first time, i did it on a pretty simple table. ACDC ultimate pro.. it took me only less than 10min to put full FizX ( except slingshot and bumper, but it's fast too ), tune it a little, and working perfect

Has anyone developed a method of adding the FizX drop targets to a bank of targets. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do it. It is easy to add them to individual targets. I am not smart enough to add them to a bank of drop targets.

In an other way, we can use library (.fpl). Just find here 3 libraries (models, sounds and music). After, you have just to link the library (and select all the items).

How cool! Why didn't I think of that? I was able to use the "Import from Library" option and all the files were added. That way it adds the files without links to the library which I think most folks would want.

I sometimes like to use certain skins with certain tables depending on the theme.

Check out my guide section "Installation - Method 2 - Save a Custom Ball to a Specific Table" at the link below:

Has anyone developed a method of adding the FizX drop targets to a bank of targets. As far as I can tell, there is no way to do it. It is easy to add them to individual targets. I am not smart enough to add them to a bank of drop targets.
FP target/ DropTarget work themselves with FizX too now.
But it's was not hard to add FizX on them in FizX 3.0

Where is the problem? Assuming you have a bank of 5 targets (named MyDT) with 5 FizX targets (DT1 with the first DT of the bank, ..., DT5 with the last DT of the bank).
Sub DTx_Hit() (x = 1 to 5)
test for speed, tilt, ...
OK so
DTxCollidable = False
DTHit x
End Sub

Sub DTHit(Num)
Eval("MyDT" &Num).PopDown
End Sub

or in your FizX DT sub,
drop it down when hit, and the DT number of your bank too.

And then, on your DT bank sub, pop up the corresponding FizX DT with the event id of your Bank DT when it need to be pop up.

It make FP Dt and FizX DT just equal.. So no need to check anything about tilt, game reset etc etc..

Popotte with today's Quality of Life hack of the day. You're a genius.

TerryRed you might want to include this method in your next FizX tutorial. I can knock off the initial importing part of prep in seconds now.

I'm not a genius, I'm just lazzy...
After importing all the things (not a pain but boring), I just thought about libraries.

@TerryRed if you (maybe) write an example table for Fixz3.2, you can, if you want, integer the libraries (you can change the names) in it and explain how to use it.
Just a suggestion...

We already talked about this.
The Sound are the only things need to be imported a lot for FizX... but sincerely, with a good method in windows, it take 2min..
We will not make library for FizX. We would like to keep only the table's file as possible.
But obviously you can make it if you want, and publish it with your table.

FP target/ DropTarget work themselves with FizX too now.
But it's was not hard to add FizX on them in FizX 3.0

If it is that easy, my FizX Lite guide could be easily adapted to use on the full version of FizX. I have heard some folks say that Terry's guide is hard to follow but I have gotten many compliments that my guide is easy to follow.

I'll stop everyone right here.

The AIO Example table is created as it was meant to be... not just for FizX. The tutorial is also intended for this same purpose.

FizX 3.2 makes everything MUCH easier and changes a lot.

- no need to do anything for drop targets or rubbers, unless you want to (still a good idea for some posts, or custom rubber setups)
- I updated the table so that you are not required to add a HUD DMD for the Tweaker Tool, unless you want to add that function (the new code checks for its existence and will disable all Tweaker functions if the HUD DMD is not found)

No need for adding rubbers, DT walls, etc. The only thing needed are diverters for slings, and any bumper changes. It literally could not be any easier to update a table for FizX (or physics as a whole now).

The AIO code is made so you do NOT need to use the extra features for DOF or PUP. Taking the extra steps for pinmechound commands benefits everyone, but you don't need to if you don't want it, or feel intimidated by trying to add it. This is an "optional" extra step.

The AIO Example table will be updated for FizX 3.2 and the tutorial will also be updated to reflect FizX 3.2's changes and much easier implementation, including the changes that don't require rubbers or drop target walls to be added, etc. The "optional" PinMechSound / DOF / PUP portions will be a "separate" section in the tutorial that can be added AFTER FizX is done.

The updated table and tutorial will come soon. Halloween and updating my other guides and also rebuilding my PC... getting a Quest 3, etc have taken my time for the last week or so.

Exciting! Looking forward to the updated AIO table. Hopefully it inspires another surge in FizX conversions and maybe even some new tables.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: hellrzr2k1 has left the room.
      Back