Support File FP Enhanced Display Segments

Future Pinball

Wecoc

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
Enhanced Display Segments is a script that defines display segments in a new way.

It uses a timer and an individual display segment for each digit, and the script handles them as a group by reimplementing the default effects.
The result looks the same as always, but with some extra properties that normally can't be accessed, and with the advantage of being open source. It also allows defining custom effects, and includes some shortcuts to make certain advanced effects a bit less difficult to make.

Finally, by using it with BAM, this code can implement effects that were impossible before.
Don't believe me? Try the demo and check for yourself! 8-)

This code doesn't modify any default features of Display Segments, so the simple displays can still be used in the table as always.
The demo includes a manual with all the new stuff and a pretty extended example of usage.

Here's a list of all the new stuff. I recommend trying the demo instead for more detail.

- Accessors

Length (ReadOnly)
Timer (ReadOnly)
Text
LastText
EffectInterval
StarCursor
RadarCursor
StarLength
RadarLength
RndLength
LeftCursorLength
RightCursorLength
ColorSize [Requires BAM]

- New callers

SetStarCursor
SetRadarCursor
AlignText
RestoreContent
SetColor [Requires BAM]

- New QueueText effects

seTextMask
seColorMask [Requires BAM]

I hope you like it :-)

Attachments

• Enhanced Display Segments.zip
    553.6 KB · Views: 9
There are some nice effects.

The colors seem to have a yellow tint but I have never seen a segmented display change colors. ...So it is better than anything I have seen before.

Last edited:
Thanks! The colours can be modified from the editor as always. I used the default orange for the most lit version.

I made this because some Williams pinballs from the nineties had that option. You can see it in this video of the pinball Rollergames (3:16).

Even without that, the "soft" effect when turning off the "Good bye" letters at the end of the demo is more realistic than the default, although you wouldn't need to separate by digit for only that one case. Of course, all this code can be tweaked and simplified to optimize for each table, the demo showcases a bit of an "extreme" case.

It looks like you have been able to duplicate William's effects exactly.

I was expecting to set the color to an RGB color but it must be done some other way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back