Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 8,556.00
mkoehn23 is on a distinguished road
Question System 1 Gottlieb Repair - Sinbad

I think I have a quick answer here, hopefully. My game was having issues and not working. I had a Tech come out and he had to replace 2 fuses. He said the main board was getting bad and suggested the new board (Ni-Wumpf) which I promptly ordered. IN the meantime when I went to turn it on it quit working again.

Fast forward to today, I got the new board and put it in. It booted right up and everything seemed to be working..... except anything that ran on a coil!!! I did all the diagnostic and nothing worked on a coil test. I am hoping/guessing I blew a fuse. Any suggestions on where to start? I don't have schematic and am somewhat handy with this. I am hoping to save another $100 service call if it is just 1 blown fuse.

Thanks

Last edited by mkoehn23; 10-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 22,962.20
USA US California
My Mood:
Simi Karl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoehn23 View Post
I think I have a quick answer here, hopefully. My game was having issues and not working. I had a Tech come out and he had to replace 2 fuses. He said the main board was getting bad and suggested the new board (Ni-Wumpf) which I promptly ordered. IN the meantime when I went to turn it on it quit working again.

Fast forward to today, I got the new board and put it in. It booted right up and everything seemed to be working..... except anything that ran on a coil!!! I did all the diagnostic and nothing worked on a coil test. I am hoping/guessing I blew a fuse. Any suggestions on where to start? I don't have schematic and am somewhat handy with this. I am hoping to save another $100 service call if it is just 1 blown fuse.

Thanks
Hey Mkoehn,
My Roller Disco has a Ni-Wumpf CPU and a Rottendog driver card. Amongst a whole lotta other issues, I was experiencing a problem with the non CPU controlled coils. I.E.; Slingshots, Bumpers etc. My machine has been in a continued tilt condition on boot up. When I disconnected the wire energizing the tilt relay, I was able to get the non CPU controlled coils to operate. Along the way, I replaced the bridge rectifiers. First thing I would suggest is, get a digital multi meter or condinuity tester and check each of the fuses on the bottom board. There is also a fuse that is underneath the playfield that should be checked. If you find an open fuse, make sure you replace it with the proper rating. I would also check the two bridge rectifiers. If you don't know how to do this, let me know and I will e-mail you a repair manual that a very kind person sent me.

Hope this helps.
Simi Karl
The Following User Says Thank You to Simi Karl For This Useful Post:
JonPurpleHaze (11-02-2011)