Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > VP/VPM Help and Support > VP/VPM General Information and First Aid Station

VP/VPM General Information and First Aid Station Request Help about Visual Pinball or Visual PinMAME.

Old 10-16-2004, 11:16 PM
Pinball Player

Credits: 21,984.80
ohmwiz is on a distinguished road
Default Bally Airway (1935)

Hello...

I am working on a VP Bally Airway game. It plays OK, but I need to know how to make the next ball appear to play once the last one lands in a hole.
Also, where do you find the VP 'pins' and 'holes' functions for the bumperless/flipperless games? I had to cut and paste 'holes' from another game to get mine to work.

Ken
Old 10-17-2004, 03:27 AM
PN co-founder

Credits: 215,802.09
tiltjlp has a spectacular aura abouttiltjlp has a spectacular aura about

Well Ken, congratulation on starting your first table. You control the things you mentioned in the script, and while I've done it with my tables, I'm not much of a coder, so I can't tell you how it's done. But I can point you to my Reactions Bagatelle, which is fully commented, and my Bagatelle Starter Kit, which is bare bones, and has one of each item needed to contruct a bagatelle.

I realize you aren't making a bagatelle, but much of the code in Reactions will apply to any flipperless table. As far as making another ball appear, first you use Drain.DestroyBall as part of a sub routine, and then CreateBall.Image = "strange" in another routine to make another ball apprear. "strange" would be replaced by whatever the name of your ball is.

Reactions has several features you might find useful. One is a routine for a pop-up Rules/Information window, and the other is a routine for a Launch/Kicker. You'll also find a demo of the Launch/Kicker by Druadic, as well as my demos, in the Tutorial Download section. Hope some of this helps, rather than confusing you.

tiltjlp