Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > General Pinball > Newsfeeds

Newsfeeds Pinball News Feeds

Old 07-10-2019, 05:37 AM
News Bot

Credits: 170,777.33
Rock-ola will become famous soon enough
Default THE GAME SHOW

07-10-2019 05:26 AM
A new pinball-heavy arcade just opened called The Game Show. It is located in the Yorktown Shopping Center in Lombard, Illinois, on the East side lower level of the mall, right by JCPenney.

The arcade is located near JCPenney at the mallThe arcade is owned by Mark Czarnowski, who opened the Chicago Street Pinball arcade in Joliet five years ago. Unfortunately, downtown Joliet was not a very popular place for people to visit, so Mark decided to move to Lombard where there is more people traffic and, hopefully, customers.

The Yorktown mall looks well maintained and occupied with stores. I enjoyed visiting Mark’s now-closed Joliet arcade, but I think he will do much better in Lombard due to all the mall visitors every day.

The entrance to just-opened The Game Show arcadeThe arcade features sixteen pins and lots of video games. Mark said he is adding Skee-Ball, a basketball shooter, and more fighting video games.

Three of my all-time favorite pins side-by-sideMore of the pins available to playThe arcade’s name may be inspired by this pinClassic video games lined up in the middle of the arcadeThe pricing for the arcade is $15 for free play on the video games, or $20 for free play on the video games and the pins, except for the six Stern pins at the front of the arcade.

A row of recent Stern pinsThose pins are an additional $1 each play ($5 for seven plays). If you purchase the $20 free play admission version, a $5 credit is given on any of the pay-to-play Stern pins.

I couldn’t stop playing this addictive pinA long wall of classic pinsA nice pricing feature to me is that you do not have to pay an admission fee if you only want to play the six Stern pins at $1 each play ($5 for seven plays).

These were the pinballs available to play on this visit:
  • Creature From the Black Lagoon – Bally
  • Taxi – Williams
  • The Machine: Bride of Pinot – Williams
  • Jackbot – Williams
  • The Bally Game Show – Bally
  • Earthshaker! – Williams
  • X-Men – Stern
  • Big Ben – Williams
  • High Speed II: The Getaway – Williams
  • Dr. Dude – Bally
  • Batman: The Dark Knight – Stern
  • Star Wars (pro) – Stern
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (pro) – Stern
  • The Munsters (pro) – Stern
  • Deadpool (pro) – Stern
  • Black Knight: Sword of Rage (pro) – Stern
Always great to see an EM pin on locationLots of the popular driving video gamesThe Game Show is open:
  • Monday-Friday: 11am to 9pm
  • Saturday: 10am to 9pm
  • Sunday: 11am to 6pm
I really enjoyed playing all the pins at Mark’s new arcade and I hope it is a big success. It is so nice to have a local location loaded with fun pinball machines to play.

More...