Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 304,627.40
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

i'll say.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:22 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

Now, let's everyone in this thread make a pact to never mention the word "vegemite" again. Oh, starting now.
How can you not like Nutella? I'm sure as hell not letting you stick a spoon in my face if it's full of veeahhhhginas! Damn, one sentence in and I almost broke the pledge! I am weak, brothers and sisters. Pray for me and pass me the spotted dick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dick.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	6618
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (09-07-2015)
Old 09-08-2015, 04:13 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice

I spotted that dick pudding a few years ago at Safeway. It's not too awful. One cooks it in the can before opening. 'BANG' up cooking? But every thing about that name is not something one would want. " Spotted Dick " That can't be good. & " Dick Sponge " ... Nuf said !

When Lit
The Following User Says Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (09-08-2015)
Old 09-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Credits: 138,460.64
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Actually let's be honest boys, we could all go a dick sponge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9jCsWsnls
Old 09-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

This Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding is a lot like Mincemeat?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_dick

Now, I used to see this product at the health food stores up until about 15 years ago. Now it is sold by The 7th Day Adventists, a religious group.

http://adventistfood.com/index.php?i...roller=product
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

And a big thank you to Coily for being brave enough to try it! Well, not counting Steve. Even tertiary members of the Empire are probably required to eat it by Royal Decree.
Good catch on the "mincemeat", Arne! Think of how different movies in the '40s would have been if all the tough guys said "I'm gonna make Spotted Dick out of 'em!" And this comment from the youtube vidja that Steve posted. Who knew King Ralph was actually funny?

Every time I hear about that dessert, I keep thinking about that King Ralph scene where he says, "Dick of what?!"
Old 09-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Pinball Wizard

sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

I didn't hear "make mincemeat" as often as "Eat Hot Lead". Which reminds me (for some reason). Rock and Roll was an experiment in Terror in my home, but only on the t.v. The radio an records, and my Brother's guitar in my room were all Okay.

But that stuff on the family t.v. My old man was often apt to growl "What the Hell is That?" and change the channel to the local boxing from the Olympic Auditorium. So, with trepidation, I would turn on The Beatles or The Monkees and count the seconds. But then my old man would lighten up and I made it through the episode without cutoff.

He also pulled that one during an episode of "The Marty Feldman Comedy Machine". It was the episode with Orson Wells. My old man growled, "What the Hell is That?". But then he rolled over on the couch and fell asleep. In hindsight, I was once pistol-whipped by Orson and I didn't know it. Ever see "Touch of Evil"?
My old man was joking.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:37 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Unhappy This About That ...

Worthington® Wham Roll. Frozen ham-like flavored roll that can be used as cold cuts

Meatless, precooked, vegetable protein roll that is similar to the white meat of chicken. Thaw it out ... Worthington's delicious Vegetarian

( A Couple Quotes From The Web )

AND>>>

Spotted Dick,
The name has long been a source of amusement and double entendres, to the point that the catering staff of Flintshire County Council decided in 2009 to rename it to "Spotted Richard" because of all the jokes they were receiving.[2] While "spotted" is a clear reference to the dried fruit in the pudding (which resemble spots), "dick" is more obscure. The word was widely used as a term for pudding in the 19th century; in late 19th century Huddersfield, for instance, a glossary of local terms described "Dick, plain pudding. If with treacle sauce, treacle dick."[2]

Richard "Dick" Trickle (October 27, 1941 – May 16, 2013) was an American race car driver. He raced for decades around the short tracks of Wisconsin, winning many championships along the way. {Dick committed suicide}

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 09-09-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:54 AM
Pinball Wizard

That Wham! stuff is or was a vegetarian substitute for Spam, and years ago it was sold in the same-style rectangular can with key as Spam.
Maybe they changed the product to faux ham?
Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Credits: 138,460.64
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Ah ha had to post this one for Ruby...

Quote:
“Let’s get real for a minute here. Dolphins don’t eat sunshine and fart roses. They’re wild animals, and they are known to do some pretty terrible things.”
http://inhabitat.com/half-baked-plan...e/#more-769535
Old 09-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 304,627.40
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

i was just reading somewhere that when male dolphins get randy and aren't able to make it with a female of their own species, they will sometimes try to copulate with people in scuba gear. the more the person struggles, the more the dolphin will tend to push them down towards the sea floor. fortunately nobody has been hurt so far, and being attacked with a baseball bat underwater is an easy dare to take.

@dick trickle,
i remember a fun photo of "dick trickle chevrolet" (an auto dealership) in one of my old national lampoons. can't find it right now. maybe not the same guy as the racecar dude.