Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > General Pinball > Newsfeeds

Newsfeeds Pinball News Feeds

Old 03-15-2019, 11:10 AM
News Bot

Credits: 170,777.33
Rock-ola will become famous soon enough
Default GALLOPING GHOST PINBALL

03-15-2019 11:06 AM
A new pinball arcade just opened in Brookfield Illinois called Galloping Ghost Pinball.

The Galloping Ghost Pinball arcade in Brookfield, IllinoisIt is located two blocks east of the main Galloping Ghost Arcade that opened in 2010. There is a $15.00 admission fee to play all the pins that are set on free play. Admission to both the arcade and pinball buildings is $30.00. The pinball building is open from 11am to 11pm every day of the year. No alcohol is served, but soft drinks are sold there.

Both locations are owned by Doc Mack. The video game arcade always had a few pins from the beginning, but Doc Mack now has a separate building that has nothing but pinball machines.

One of the two rooms of pinballsThe collection of over 30 pins includes pretty much all feature titles with themes in which Dock Mack is interested: video games and movie/TV science fiction and horror.

Some of the horror themed pinsThe super-rare Alien and Predator pinsOn this visit neither pin above was playable but hopefully that will be addressed shortly.

The Monster Bash LE remake pinI think his collection includes all the pinball machines that were based on video game titles. I forgot how many different video game themed pins were made to compete with video games back during the video game craze in the early 1980s.

Joust – one of the most unusual pins I have ever seenAnother video game themed pinPinballs featuring video game monitors along with the video game styled VarkonThe very rare and clever Varkon pinball machineThe pins are located in two rooms with a third room being added soon. Doc Mack told me a The Munsters pin and an Attack From Mars remake pin may be added soon.

More video game pins in the second roomThe Pinbot trilogy lined-up togetherI am fortunate to live nearby to the Galloping Ghost Pinball arcade. I will be going back often to play their large collection of fun pins.

Two popular Pat Lawlor-designed pinsAlways nice to have some classic Williams pins to playAlways good to see an EM pin on locationOne of the most famous pins ever madeTheir website is: gallopingghostarcade.com, but they do not have a separate website for the pinball building yet.

More...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rock-ola For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (03-15-2019), police99 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 327,102.85
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Wow. Looks like Chumlee and Big Hoss found some pretty unique machines, there!

I'd never even heard of Varkon, for one.

Really interesting leftover from pinball trying to take on the skyrocketing videogame industry, I take it.