Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 02-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Talking Just For Laughs

Hey, Go to Amazon And read some of the reviews for this $6,899.75 replacement power cord. Sometimes sarcasm does not translate well to the written word. This gave folks a chance to be creative and pretty damn funny, I'm going back to read more....

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 02-25-2016 at 06:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
JonPurpleHaze (02-26-2016), LeeVanCleef (02-26-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

Yeah. There was a 105 inch television there that debuted at over $400 thousand.
And the pre-order "reviews" were "equally incredible", discussing matters such as selling the house to get the money up. Else the wife...
Me, I am still disappointed that I couldn't get my goldmine money up in time to consider it.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:14 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 250,820.80
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

I think those reviews will only last until someone catches them. Around 2001 people were posting bizarre and hilarious reviews for Family Circus books. I think I tossed one into the mix. But then someone at Amazon noticed and took them all down. I haven't checked them in years... wonder if people are still doing it?
I'm going to guess Best Buy is upset that someone's selling a replacement cord more expensive than what they offer. I went to BB to get a 6-ft HDMI cable. The cheapest they had was $60 because it was "hi-tech, gold-tipped, rolled on the thighs of a 14-year-old virgin". Right. I went across the street to Home Depot and got what I was looking for at a cost of $20.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:11 AM
Pinball Wizard

sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

Maybe they remove the reviews if the mfg plotz.
We are currently black-balling Lipton Original Black Tea for destroying their product in the name of What? And those 1 Star reviews are also showing up on their own official website.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:35 AM

LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

LOL! This is my favorite so far!

Is there a warranty on this product?
Answer: Yes! A 10,000,000 year warranty hand-delivered by Zeus himself.

Hey... we got Prime! We get free shipping! Off to get the credit card!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeVanCleef View Post
LOL! This is my favorite so far!

Is there a warranty on this product?
Answer: Yes! A 10,000,000 year warranty hand-delivered by Zeus himself.

Hey... we got Prime! We get free shipping! Off to get the credit card!
Hate to bring bad news ... But, Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

When Lit
Old 02-26-2016, 11:20 PM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 189,347.14
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light

I recently roared over an answer given for a question about a router at Amazon:
Do i need a internet provider to get internet?

There were 30 answers but this one is listed first:
No. I believe you have to buy some red shoes, very sparkly ones (slippers) and go on a long quest with a lion, a scarecrow and a tin man. when you reach the end of your quest for internet you must use your companions to make the big provider in the green city to grant you access to the interwebs. once done you can quickly return to your now internet provided home by clicking your shiny red shoe heels together and recite the following words. " there's no place like 127.0.0.1" over and over......

There any many answers that are funny, but more importantly, this is the first time that I can recall in years that Amazon links are being embedded properly at Pinball Nirvana!
The Auto Media Embed program was recently upgraded and am wondering if it had an impact or if it's due to the vB upgrade or tricky shit you guy's are doing..
The Following User Says Thank You to JonPurpleHaze For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 AM

LOL! I wish it were true, though. I'd love to get internet from anyone other than an internet service provider, whose sole purpose seems to be to charge me as much as possible for the lowest-possible-quality product. Fuck Charter! I'm off to see the Wizard! But first I have to find the bubbler... ain't no going to Oz without that!
Old 02-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Pinball Wizard

But if you can't find it in your own back yard,
then you'll probably find it for ransom.