Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Computer Corner > Software

Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 AM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 205,343.77
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light
Default IrfanView

Quote:
...one of the most popular viewers worldwide!
Love this freeware image viewer and editor:
http://www.irfanview.net
Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 AM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 205,343.77
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, Love is too strong of a word..
I'd like to hula dance with IrfanView...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 351,529.82
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

yes, great viewer!
i've been using that ever since steve recommended it years ago.

ironically, i believe he uses some other kind of viewer, now.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 71,626.01
yogiholzer will become famous soon enough

I use IrfanView (IV) since support of FilterFactory (http://www.photoshop-filters.com/htm...er_factory.htm). Can be before 2000.

From time to time a problem occurs and keeps for some time. It's always the same problem and I don't know how to get rid of it. When it's gone again, that's by accident and not by my intervention.

I asked for advice at VPF.com several years ago, googled, read at IV support forum, but didn't find an answer. About 2 months ago the problem occured once again and the last times I used the affected task of IV, the problem was still there.

The problem is this: I take a screenshot to clipboard just using the print button of the keyboard, open IV and insert screenshot from clipboard to a new pic in IV, cut out a part of the pic and insert it to a new pic in IV, then save it in *.jpg (without to save anything in between). When I reopen the saved pic, white is changed to light blue.

I just tried it with the PN standard forum colour theme, because of the white and different blue tones, but actually it seems to be gone.

Some may remember the thread at VPF.com, where I posted examples, on which you could see the difference and the diffence was measurable with the colour picker (?) from another program.

I never found out what's the trick and I would be happy to know the trick for the next appearance of the problem. I'm sorry (no, I'm happy) I can't post an example.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 18,429.30
mwcrain is on a distinguished road

Yogi, are you using Windows Vista by any chance? Because if you are there's a program called Snipping Tool that's included. It's in the Accessories folder and it allows you to capture any portion of your screen by "framing" it. I still use IrfanView when I want an entire screenshot, but I use Snipping Tool for those partial captures I need.

Mark
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 71,626.01
yogiholzer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your reply and the hint.

I use XP.

However, the problem also occured on some other operations using IV. I don't remember exactly when, but only when the operations end by saving a pic as *.jpg. The easiest way to solve the problem is just to use another free program.

It's only a small problem, because there are always alternative solutions. And actually the problem doesn't occur at all.

Thanks again.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Credits: 157,596.86
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas.b View Post
yes, great viewer!
i've been using that ever since steve recommended it years ago.

ironically, i believe he uses some other kind of viewer, now.
Yes I use http://www.xnview.com/ for most of my image viewing and image editing as it looks better and has more editing and filtering options.

That said I still have irfanview as it has one option xnview doesn't...that is the ability to extract all the image frames from a .gif image
Old 11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 19,453.70
bluto is on a distinguished road

I agree,It's best for snap shots of tables.
Quick and easy.