Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 16,482.60
Filmmaker24 is on a distinguished road
Question No sound from my Haunted House pinball; any help?

Hello,

I recently installed a new Ni-wumpf driver board into my gottlieb Haunted House pinball. Shortly before I installed it the sound disappeared. I went with the new board because I thought the Z13 chip on the driver board was the cause of the missing sound, plus the original board had a lot of wear anyway. Now, the game plays great, just no sound at all. I tried the sound test on the sound board, but pressing the test button doesn't produce any beeps like it's supposed to. I even checked the F8 1 amp slow blow fuse which controls the sound board, but it was fine. When I turn the volume all the way up I do hear hum, but that's it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rob
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 15,511.70
wbwill is on a distinguished road
Default Help with sound

Hello, I am new to this forum stuff, someone was kind enough to help me with my Demolition Man machine, so I just posted a speaker testing method post, and once it clears, and if they let it on here, it will help you test the actual speakers,, and amp, maybe will resolve your issue also, I replied to the post about speaker wiring, so look for it,

I don't know pinball machines, but I do know something about speakers and amps, so I hope it is a help, you say no beeps on the test but a hum when the sound is turned up,

That sounds like a control issue, not the speakers, but you replaced all the amp boards if I understood your post, now if the boards you replaced did not include the actual sound adjustment, that sounds like the problem,

But look for my post if you have replaced all the sound control boards, and any other sound hardware shy of the speakers,

Will