Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 03-17-2017, 01:23 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 269,687.04
Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all
Default Come on, LeeVanCleef:

I'm an idiot, you're an idiot, perhaps the idiotic nature of life is verily at stake upon the here and now, right?

Either way I pissed you off, you smacked me down... and so, muvva fluffer-- why are we STILL so salty and unforgiving upon those in our tribe?
Old 03-19-2017, 02:18 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 222,589.79
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Oh, I have a very forgiving nature... can't you tell?

I'm certainly not mad at you, nic. It's just... this place is a little weird without arne. I saw something the other day... can't even remember what it was... some weird, ancient Italian horror movie?... and immediately thought of arne.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Sleepy's Sister (03-26-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Credits: 122,907.74
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Is that the fashion?

Death is a passing over, not a passing past.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fashion.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	7108  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StevOz For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (03-22-2017), Sleepy's Sister (03-26-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

arne was a good storyteller, wasn't he? his stuff had a no-nonsense, attention-to-detail quality. sometimes things could get a little blurry, but that's not out of character for good story-telling, is it?

many people have heard of the legend of johnny appleseed, but not everyone knows that he wasn't planting edible fruit. he was planting trees that bore little sour apples... good for making hard cider and evidently, not much else.

i was just reading on reddit earlier that prostitutes played a big hand in shaping the frontier west. it seems that madams in particular accumulated a lot of money and naturally tended to invest in services, infrastructure and complimentary businesses. in this way, many a town received a boost. (i guess this wasn't al swearingen's deadwood we're talking about)

i wonder what arne would be going to see these days? would he have any insight in to the recent academy awards kerfuffle? does he feel marisa tomei was vindicated all these years later over the questions surrounding her "my cousin vinny" award?

and... RIP, chuck berry.
i still play with my ding a ling, he might be happy to know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
Sleepy's Sister (03-26-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:09 AM

LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

I read an article from the actual Deadwood Pioneer that I found on Google about a prostitute at Al Swearengen's Gem Saloon named "Tricksie" who shot a man in the head and he lived. Just like in the first episode of the series. The real Al Swearengen ended up being found murdered in the gutter of an Ohio town in the 1910s. He should have gone for the government job. Sheriff Seth Bullock became buddies with Teddy Roosevelt!

Chuck Berry and Chuck Barris, dead within days of each other? That's just weird.
Ike Savage (03-24-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 105,483.41
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Default We'll Meet Again ?

I thought we lost Chuck Barris some years back. Mandella Effect...? I've got Earnest Borgnine and Nichelle Nichols on my list too. Nelson Mandella, nada.
Maybe it was 'Murray Langston'...? Well, Thanks goes to them all

When Lit
The Following User Says Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Pinball Porcupine

i understand that teddy roosevelt actually had an MMA studio in one of the basements of the white house. he was big in to boxing, wrestling, and the hybrid of the two. IIRC he even lost vision in one of his eyes due to a particularly nasty shot during practice.

ah, chuck barris... thank god youtube has so many gong show eps. if i ever need cheering up, that's the primo stuff. or maybe "confessions of a dangerous mind," based on his absurdly-(non)plausible autobiography.

speaking of that, i just saw a pic of nick clooney the other day, george's father. i didn't realise how much they looked alike. nor that he was famous in his own right. so that's at least three in one family, including rosemary.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Pinball Player

Credits: 887.96
Sleepy's Sister will become famous soon enoughSleepy's Sister will become famous soon enough

I just popped in to see what you all were doing, and I saw this thread. I've been wondering what happened to LeeVanCleef, GSGregg, and JonPurpleHaze. I haven't seen many posts from you all lately. Hope you all are doing okay. Arne probably would have been aware of that "weird, ancient Italian horror movie," and if he weren't, he would have immediately googled it, or possibly watched it on YouTube. Arne could always find the most obscure, but interesting subjects to talk about. He kept things interesting. It's touching to me that LVC says that "this place is a little weird without Arne." It makes me feel good that you are still thinking of Arne, but at the same time sad that maybe some of you might still be depressed about what happened to him. I have been scanning old photos from when we were kids, and I've been dealing with a bit of depression myself. I like SteveOz's quote about death being a passing over and not a passing past. I know that Arne would want us all to carry on. He would say that it is up to us to keep the conversation going now.

Last edited by Sleepy's Sister; 03-27-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Because I can never type exactly what I want to say, the first time around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleepy's Sister For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (03-27-2017), Ike Savage (03-28-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 70,428.26
Tii has a spectacular aura aboutTii has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy's Sister View Post
I just popped in to see what you all were doing, and I saw this thread. I've been wondering what happened to LeeVanCleef, GSGregg, and JonPurpleHaze. I haven't seen many posts from you all lately. Hope you all are doing okay. Arne probably would have been aware of that "weird, ancient Italian horror movie," and if he weren't, he would have immediately googled it, or possibly watched it on YouTube. Arne could always find the most obscure, but interesting subjects to talk about. He kept things interesting. It's touching to me that LVC says that "this place is a little weird without Arne." It makes me feel good that you are still thinking of Arne, but at the same time sad that maybe some of you might still be depressed about what happened to him. I have been scanning old photos from when we were kids, and I've been dealing with a bit of depression myself. I like SteveOz's quote about death being a passing over and not a passing past. I know that Arne would want us all to carry on. He would say that it is up to us to keep the conversation going now.
Well Sleepy's Sister we all love you here just like Arne,
don't be depressed, your among friends!

Last edited by Tii; 03-27-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Pinball Player

Sleepy's Sister will become famous soon enoughSleepy's Sister will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Tii! I appreciate your post.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:50 AM

Oh, I'm 90% sure arne would have known that movie. There were times I could stump him on music, there were times I could stump him on movies... but not on horror movies from the '60s and '70s. Especially Italian horror films. You know, I think 2016 was my least-favorite year on record. I've had years where parents died but those years weren't the wave after wave of unrelenting awfulness from beginning to end as 2016 was. So awful that Death decided to be one of the ten people to visit Pinball Nirvana last year. Really, Death? David Bowie and Prince weren't keeping you busy? You had to go and fuck up PN, as well?

I think what I meant to say was... here's Icelandic kittens living in a dollhouse.

http://nutiminn.is/kattarshians/

Last edited by LeeVanCleef; 03-29-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Ike Savage (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 12:52 PM
Pinball Player

Hugs to you, Bill! 2016 was a pretty awful year. Here's hoping that 2017 is exponentially better!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepy's Sister For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (03-31-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Pinball Porcupine

practicing gratitude always seems to help, but i always have problems making a habit of it. what's up with that, yo?

anyway, today i'm grateful that drumpf has been largely ineffective and self-sabotaging, so far. we're still stiff-arming 1984 for the moment.

also grateful for icelandic kitties living in a dollhouse. that's a good house, walter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (03-31-2017)