Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Soap Box

The Soap Box A place to debate life and such, the former Junkyard has been merged into this category.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 101,220.21
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Exclamation Don't Go Where You're Not Invited...

Hey, Is it possible to suffer in the afterlife too? Does suicide lead to some bummer of a afterlife or spooky entrapment on this Earthly plane? Personally, I don't believe a universe could be that cruel. But... Like I always say "Part of being American Is Not Knowing What To Believe". Native Americans say"Don't Go Where You're Not Invited' I think the Catholics go to Hell for suicide. If you watch those ghost chasing TV shows, it's always suicides haunting the living..."Go To The Light" 'ya poor bastards...

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 08-15-2014 at 04:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
sleepy (08-16-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Pinball Pusher

Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Default ..."Your Only Friend ... Until The End"...

About Robin Williams, I don't know Mr. Williams but have a pretty good understanding of us humans. Some folks just have to "Party". Rehab can be an important learning experience. Complete abstinence is not going to be the best choice for everybody. I can't help but think about Amy Winehouse. I feel rehab was also a factor in her death . I feel she deliberately OD'd on vodka and Xanax. These celebrities where at a dangerous point in life. The weight of fame, the onset of disease, the psychological effects of cocaine and the pressures of sobriety all lead to likelihood of ending it all. I've been through some of this and in the end I recommend moderation. Have a few drinks if it helps with having a good time. You have evolved to enjoy having a few. Oh... and quit the coke. Especially if it is Crack or IV. That's just f*ckin gross. Heavy cocaine use always ends in depression and ruptured bank accounts.Weed... Looks like Mary Jane may be part of a healthy life style after all. Robin takes a lot with him. Suicide often seems selfish to people that loved the departed. The equation is balanced heavy on our side by all that Robin leaves behind. "Your Only Friend Until The End" Maybe It's a beer.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Amy Winehouse- Rehab (Album Version).mp3 (6.77 MB, 81 views)
File Type: mp3 The Doors -10- When The Music's Over.mp3 (10.03 MB, 74 views)

When Lit
Old 08-16-2014, 10:22 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 258,819.49
Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

god can kiss my ass.

and if the good lord objects in any way, let him str
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of light

According to legend. the ghosts cannot do that. Simply give it up.
They are present by a traumatic unresolved conflict that must be resolved before they can rest.

This is the basis for many a horror film, from "The Haunting" to "Night of the Living Dead" (the cover story/overlay, not the actual plot) and "The Exorcist", and the Twilight Zone episode, "The Resurrectionist".
As for The Exorcist, this is not the matter of Satan possessing the girl, but that of the possession of the souls of Father Karras' dead loved ones by him. And of course, in reality it is the tension of little Regan chiding Karras with the memory of those loved ones who failed to survive for having suffered their disciplines throughout their lives and by their ancient rules of conduct which Regan may well be imprisoned by as the girl in the house, but that is An Overview.
The quick and dirty reference would be, "She's Leaving Home".
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (08-18-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 05:06 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of light

Parkinson's seems to be connected to essential fatty acid deficiency and is aggravated by alcohol. Probably because alcohol degreases fats and oils. That effect is exactly a case of fat and oil dehydration. I've had heat strokes and I've pulled out of it by taking corn oil. Don't heat it.

Corn Flake Soup.
1/4 teaspoon table salt

1 Tbsp. corn oil

bowl of generic corn flakes. Make sure they have the NORMAL vitamins. Don't use anything like Total. Too high in vitamins, and also, you don't want the minerals, zinc or tartarates.

Plain old hot tap water for soup.

Stir it up and eat it. When I have blurred vision with white cloudyness, or dry eyes, or unusual stiff neck muscles or achy brain and head, or the smell of sticky ammonia in my nose, or difficulty balancing myself or walking or running, or aches and non-evacuation in the colon (sometimes with sprue), then a regimen of corn flake soup usually clears it up, though it might take a number of days.
It is the combination of saline solution to B vitamins and essential fatty acids in the corn oil. But it is mostly the corn oil and partial conversion of oil to sterins by the reaction of table salt and hot water and whatever is available in the corn (carbohydrates). Feel better fast.

...Whoops!

Last edited by sleepy; 08-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (08-18-2014), LeeVanCleef (08-18-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Credits: 118,080.96
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

I've got a few years until I',m 605?

He i s daead Jim..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snq7jRrKoE

Is as he was it always seemed a forced performance to me.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Faralos

Credits: 124,627.30
faralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura about

god forgives all correct? then why is there a limbo area for suiciders?
if you watched the movie with Robin in it (What Dreams May Come)
it depicts that if you take your own life then you are 'doomed'
in that if you cannot forgive yourself then God also cannot forgive you either
you must see and accept your misgivings to be 'allowed into heaven' or so the catholics make you believe
BUT if HE forgives all then committing suicide should not matter right?
so who or what are we to believe?
I think that yeah there is a superior being out there but to call it a GOD?
um no sorry not in myvocabulary
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Pinball Pusher

Question Ona Mona Pia ... Or? ... trimethylaminuria

Eons ago I read that an infestation of humans smelled of ammonia. That, generally, we can't detect the smell. The presence of this ammonia is quite normal. Apparently a chemical, trimethylaminuria, develops as a result of high levels of urea in one's blood. I don't know if that's the same as high uric acid like what gives me gout. That trimethylaminuria makes sweat sticky and smell like ammonia too. I wonder if Mr. 'Savage' has this symptom when feeling "Piss Brained"? As usual doctors can't agree on causes when their patients say they are smelling ammonia.Some folks get the "It's all in your head" Me, I say "What ever works". I have found our/MY doctors NOT MUCH FREEKING HELP. Also they won't bother to look any further than the end of their collective noses into what is causing you to suffer. So I'm glad we often do find relief on or own. The wife swears by Corn Syrup as a gentle laxative. That Corn Flake Soup sounds soothing and not to hard to swallow.

When Lit
The Following User Says Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

the problem with CFS / fibro-type stuff is that it's only a syndrome... a complaint if you will... trying to nail this kind of thing down can take years, much effort and thousands of dollars in tests. so even though i finally have a rough estimate of it being thyroid-related based on various evidences, it's still been very elusive to diagnose clearly... plus it doesn't help that i sometimes get discouraged (after 48 years of this shit) and just want to enjoy the little time left. pardon... i didn't mean to turn this in to a thread about my sorry-ass complaints in life.

anyway, what's clear at this point about mister williams is that he suffered from at least three serious diseases in life... with a difficult prognosis particularly for the parkinsons.

i think very few creatures in life are formed with a suicidal basis, but unrelenting pain / disease can wear a body down over time IMO. especially in combination.

and i still mistakenly think that most ppl should be able to realise this basic reality... but no. even when you have ppl who consider themselves hardcore athiests or nihilists, they still come from a western hemisphere that has been programmed to think in terms of good and evil, sin and virture and all that stuff.

i mean, i'm not a somewhat lonely person in life because i need ppl to agree with me. i'm moreso that way because finding independent thinkers and ppl who can challenge me without the mutual need to make it person can be... rather tough to find. :S
Old 08-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Pinball Pusher

Thumbs up "Let Freedom Reign"

One of my (Catch Phrases?) favorite things to say "Freedom Is Always The Answer". I truly believe it applies to everything we do with our private lives. Including the right to off yourself. Personal freedom only ends at harm to others. 99% of societies ills are created by government(Includes Religion?) and it needs to be replaced by the "Freedom-ment"

When Lit
Old 08-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Pinball Porcupine

yea, i agree with that in terms of my personal conduct. in fact i tend to go overboard with the compassion / accommodation... altho that's a different issue. but in terms of how i rationally expect others to act, the beast, alistair crowley, hits it pretty well for me--

(in the wake of the disintegration of tribal forms), "do what thou wilt is the whole of the law."