Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Soap Box

The Soap Box A place to debate life and such, the former Junkyard has been merged into this category.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
appropriate at this time

Credits: 72,509.57
Shockman will become famous soon enoughShockman will become famous soon enough

And lastly about material being ripped. Unless you are going to trace all of this to the origin, then you don't have position to even comment on it, let alone rule on it. All the virtual content of real life machines and many originals have ripped images, sound, voice, music, motion picture ip, etc. the tracing of the origin will never end at a member of this community.

Lastly you said no one but me objected to the content of your initial database. This even is untrue. I was not contacted as you said everyone was. There is no point in you or I stating what the response was or would of been because it is nothing but assumption. The fact is that your site existed for a year before I visited it the first time.

It's good that this material still exists, but that does not mean it was salvaged. It was taken while it was still up, which would make some people wonder if it had anything thing to do with .com going down.

If a picture, a table mod, a comment, an argument, or any other issue becomes more important than a member, especially a contributing member, then imo there is a problem.

It's a fact that is out there for everyone to see. You ban people too quickly, for doing the same thing that the people you feel you can not punish does, for made up reasons, and narcissistic compulsion. My last ban was 'granted' when I said I don't care if I'm banned. The one before that for editing a post at the same time you were which made it appear put back what you took out or injected. The one before that for arguing with destruk about my contribution.

Last edited by Shockman; 04-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:13 PM
appropriate at this time

I could be wrong about the acquisition of the files. It does not erase all the issues of uploading others work without permission, but there was assumptions on my part that could have been incorrect.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Credits: 124,136.82
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Quote:
but there was assumptions on my part that could have been incorrect.
Really?

That aside...I call crap on this?

Quote:
In fact, without VPF, there would be no community to speak of today. We worked hard to bring back to prominence a community that was dying a slow, agonizing death.
Oh and for the record certain first posts are moved to a moderation queue here for approval not all, just those the software flags as suspect for whatever reasoning, nothing personal like, that's just the way it goes...so you may have been moderated, though your posts have been approved without moderation.
The Following User Says Thank You to StevOz For This Useful Post:
JonPurpleHaze (05-02-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Faralos

Credits: 124,767.30
faralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura about

ya' know when Chevy stopped making their split window corvette coupe
I didn't bitch over it as they had more models to choose from
so when vpf.com died we transferred to the newer model
and fell in love with the site all over aqain
same goes for pin sites, while some of the older ones may have been better
the newer ones at least have onsite moderators who try to keep the site going
and I will continue to support ALL pin sites no matter who runs them or their contents
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Credits: 124,136.82
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

What u talkin' 'bout faralos?

We have a links section that has included VPF before and after, never have they done the same.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
appropriate at this time

A a single year '63. A single alt. model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130107103945-gallery-most-valuable-corvette-1963-grand-sport-large-gallery-horizontal.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	5831  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:32 PM
appropriate at this time

You need to post the e-mail or PM that you claim is a threat on your family Paul.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 8,256.40
Dazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Fentz View Post
Really? That's what you got? You can't steal something that was abandoned.
This is fucking all hilariousness, especially coming from you. Technically, you started all this by abandoning VPF chat. Then BigBangBar chat room was then created because of your abandonment and you bitch, whine and say we stole it because we took over chat.... Had you of not been a bitch when it come to getting VPF chat fixed, then it is VERY possible that we might not be at the point we are all today. All of this started with you and your actions...

We are totally fed up with the crap YOU do and the ways that YOU try to spin shit to make yourself try and look like the VP prophet. Well, got news for you buddy, you aren't half the prophet you've ever thought you were. VPU will become the site that the community wants and needs. This community does not need controlling people like you that thinks he has supreme control over this hobby.

As a community, WE'VE HAD IT! We don't have to put up with you anymore and VPU is just the start of it.

So, in short... Fuck off, nobody likes you, nobody needs you, nobody wants you around and if you were to die today... Nobody would miss you.

*edit* Of course nobody actually wishes you dead, just making the point that this hobby would be better off without you and your antics. I do give you props for what you have done in the past for the community, but as I've stated before... You've changed since then.

Last edited by Dazz; 04-29-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 7,396.90
wildman is on a distinguished road

paul you are one funny guy..really you are..
your words dumbass..= quote: should wait until you're actually informed before making assumptions and passing judgment based on those assumptions...: end quote..

Ya paul my thoughts exactly..lol
I just wished you practiced what you preached..
then I would give you the respect you deserve...but
you dont so my point has been made
Have a nice day too paul
Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Former Operator

Credits: 50,505.67
Itchigo will become famous soon enoughItchigo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
Technically, you started all this by abandoning VPF chat. Then BigBangBar chat room was then created because of your abandonment and you bitch, whine and say we stole it because we took over chat.... Had you of not been a bitch when it come to getting VPF chat fixed, then it is VERY possible that we might not be at the point we are all today. All of this started with you and your actions...
I concur with this. This was the catalyst that started this all. Everything mushroomed from there. I won't go so far as Dazz has said, but, the site is vastly different than it was when I joined. I see many members posting at VPU on how things/attitudes/members have changed.

Mucho kudos to Dazz for the input he has taken on building the place the way members have said they wanted it. Almost every step of the way Dazz was asking - "How do you guys want to do this"? This made a big impression on me.

(For anyone reading that doesn't know me I'm not commenting about vpf.com, because I wasn't even computer literate until early 2009. Therefore, I can't comment intelligently on that era).

FREEDOM!!
Join the Rogue (A different kind of pinball site)
http://roguepinball.com/index.php

Last edited by Itchigo; 04-29-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
'Rasslin' Fan

Credits: 31,739.80
Noah Fentz will become famous soon enoughNoah Fentz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This is fucking all hilariousness, especially coming from you. Technically, you started all this by abandoning VPF chat. Then BigBangBar chat room was then created because of your abandonment and you bitch, whine and say we stole it because we took over chat.... Had you of not been a bitch when it come to getting VPF chat fixed, then it is VERY possible that we might not be at the point we are all today. All of this started with you and your actions...

We are totally fed up with the crap YOU do and the ways that YOU try to spin shit to make yourself try and look like the VP prophet. Well, got news for you buddy, you aren't half the prophet you've ever thought you were. VPU will become the site that the community wants and needs. This community does not need controlling people like you that thinks he has supreme control over this hobby.

As a community, WE'VE HAD IT! We don't have to put up with you anymore and VPU is just the start of it.

So, in short... Fuck off, nobody likes you, nobody needs you, nobody wants you around and if you were to die today... Nobody would miss you.

*edit* Of course nobody actually wishes you dead, just making the point that this hobby would be better off without you and your antics. I do give you props for what you have done in the past for the community, but as I've stated before... You've changed since then.
Wow. This is the most classless post I think I've ever read.

I abandoned nothing. I guess I need to remind you that we thought we were going to lose my mom at the time. My apologies if chat should have been a higher priority.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

And the interesting thing about vinegar is that it has the property of penetrating the cell walls of foreign invaders, bacteria, susceptible viruses, trash, etc.,
at which point the vinegar reacts with the foreign chemistry of the invading cells
and they then explode.
I don't know whether this is a chemical gas reaction, similar to baking soda and vinegar, or not.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 272,444.86
Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

a pH reaction causing them to supersaturate water, sleepy?

see, this is why i prefer garlic to apple cider vinegar.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:56 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 227,063.84
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Aw, man! Can't we just get back to some good ol' all-American bitching about the Org Empire and not board the vinegar-drinking train again? Makes me queasy just thinking about it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (05-01-2013), Itchigo (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM
appropriate at this time

Quote:

I abandoned nothing. I guess I need to remind you that we thought we were going to lose my mom at the time. My apologies if chat should have been a higher priority.
In your own terms, you did abandon it. By using it as an excuse, you seem to think others should believe you had reason. I agree. Anything else, including chat should have been on the back burner.

However, by the same reason you should have also considered that AJ might have had issues as well. He after all was there when he was needed most. The site was maintained to the point that it stayed online and was in time every time up to then put back online when it went down. It had admins. that could not be trusted with too much power, but that was not his fault.

Moreover, the fact that there is other chat boards on the net is really none of your business, and the fact that they are pinball based also none of your business.

And the fact that it had the same name, well, don't you know where this is going? Big Bang Bar was not coined as a forum name by your site in the first place, neither was VPF. You defend your using vpforums as a name AND condemn someone using Big Bang Bar as a name.

I can't wait till there is a vpforums.net up, with a Big Bang Bar chat, and all the tables you have, from our personal collections of course, not a direct dump
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shockman For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (05-01-2013), Itchigo (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Former Operator

Of course Ruby!

Look, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Vpf chat went down, Deegor started a temporary chat that was supposed to be, well, temporary. He even hosted it from work to help everyone out. Paul was supposed to take over the temporary chat, or fix his, I don't remember, but the temporary chat was NOT supposed to be the final solution. The temporary chat was about to expire, and with no word whatsoever from Paul, we took a collection, and started our own.

In three or four weeks time, one message to one person, saying simply "I have personal issues that demand my attention at this time"- would've stopped this. Word would've gotten around.

As I've also said before the name BigBangBar chat was also SETTLED upon. Names were discussed and that name happened to be chosen- I was there! At no time was "let's do this to fuck Paul" a factor here, in the name or making the room.

VPU was started as "a way to do things better, that's not so commercial" (paraphrased, but essentially true). The Mickey Fucking Mouse incident was the catalyst.

My site was ALREADY in the works. I had a Yolasite that wasn't great, but with my meager skills, it was the best I could do. I tried to add a forum to it, but couldn't with Yola without paying. So I tried to integrate a free forum with the Yolasite (Timpinball). Right after that a friend (Pintrepid) offered to host my site, along with his others, and Roguepinball was born.

That's the way it happened!

Paul want to be a monopoly here, so he can be seen as "the vp world". The truth is, he benefits from multiple sites, because his customers have more places to go to download tables and other things. Having a strong community (there's that word again) is important. It means you don't have all your eggs in one basket. What have we been taught about investing in the fashion- DON'T! (Not that I have anything to invest lol) Having Pinball Nirvana, Vpf, Vpu, Rogue, IRP, etc, insures this will go on.

FREEDOM!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchigo For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 9,950.45
DeeGor is on a distinguished road

Paul,

This whole "Honor among thieves" role that is being played is hilarious. The emulation of these pinball tables is in itself stealing. Other than originals that have been created, all of this stuff has been stolen from the companies that originally created it. Do you own the rights to this material? Did you pay all of these companies like The Pinball Arcade guys did? I didn't think so.

VPU hasn't ripped all the tables off your site and reposted them. It would be extremely easy to do if they wanted (You should know). Instead they've opted to post new content and try to bring a more community oriented feel rather than the communist regime you have at VPF.

The funny thing is Wildman did give credit when he used someone's image, so this is all moot. All of this was brought up to simply discredit the competition so you can try to shame people into only going to your site. It will not work. You can continue to go on your banning spree, and all you will do is continue to prove to everyone that you're just a controlling dickhead.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeGor For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (05-01-2013), Itchigo (05-01-2013), Osprey101 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Inserted Coin

Quote:

You fuckin pos ..90 days you couldnt give us 10 min..ok 30 min ?
tops....quit playin my mom dying card it gettin as old as your mother dyin shit...funny how when your "bud"
got you on the phone which we all listen to....
and you didnt have time cause you was takin out your gf
to play games and stick your little cock in her ass..Ya we heard..
lol ya MOM would be proud you were thinkin of her when she was dyin...
you are a classic paul a classic pos man

we all know you and your lies are catching up to you...LOSER
so you coming in here and tryin to justify your lame ass lies
..well its just funny as hell
Old 05-02-2013, 04:01 PM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 181,616.06
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman View Post
really i being modded then go with my first post ....thanks
Quote:
He's talking about first posts on this site are evidently moderated. The first posts of people have have to be approved by admin here before they appear. Same thing happened to me. First post didn't show for about 2 days.
Quote:
Oh and for the record certain first posts are moved to a moderation queue here for approval not all, just those the software flags as suspect for whatever reasoning, nothing personal like, that's just the way it goes...so you may have been moderated, though your posts have been approved without moderation.
Just wanted thank StevOz for the description of what is happening, new users first 2 posts are put into a moderation queue to try and prevent spam. The program searches for links or certain keywords that trigger the moderation queue so not every new post gets moderated, I found a bunch in there today so some duplicate posts might be appearing, sorry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonPurpleHaze For This Useful Post:
Itchigo (05-02-2013), LeeVanCleef (05-02-2013), Pintrepid (05-04-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Inserted Coin

FINE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by wildman; 05-08-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 8,256.40
Dazz is on a distinguished road

Oh come on Ken... Sit back and chill.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

hey wildman, what would fred & barney do in this situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvt8skgm2l8
Old 11-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Former Operator

Just had a good laugh re-reading this after a comment at vpf. lmao. The .com was before my time, but I can always verify anything I hear with AJ himself.

FREEDOM!!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Pinball Porcupine

AJ? the guy who disappeared years ago along with the original site? are you a spirit talker now, itchigo?

regardless, dunno what to think about 'verifying' anything with even a flesh and blood AJ. he was a good guy IMO but incredibly absent... unintentionally creating endless problems for everyone. also, judging by shiva's comments, there is considerable dispute about a lot of things AJ says... particularly the early days when they were site partners IIRC.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Former Operator

Hey, you know I DID bring Shiva back into vp you know.... Well, my wife is somewhat psychic, but no, it's the real AJ. He IS alive, and doing well. It's been a couple months since I talked to him last (via email). He does want to keep a low profile, so I won't reveal his true identity, but I do an excerpt from a conversation he said was ok to post.

I haven't said hello to any of the old crew - I think they would have my head for the disarray I caused in the community! I'm sure they think I abandoned everything, which I did - but for a few good reasons. The headaches of the problem children on the forum were getting to be old and everyone had their own ideas on how vpf.com should be run. The forum was up for 7 years! I was also in the middle of a long, bitter divorce. I moved across the country. I spent months trying to find a job. Any money I did have went to my daughter and stacking bills. It took me awhile to recover. In hindsight, I should have handed it off to one of the guys before I disappeared. I thought I could still handle everything (I'm stubborn too). Instead, the server company wiped everything after 45 days of non-payment. I only had bits and pieces of a backup. I did find a directory of all the old tables from the time just before vpf went down. I'm sure some people would understand. I've read through every post out there about VPF.com and anything that referenced my name. I saw a few were concerned for my health and welfare, but most had the attitude of "fuck that piece of shit!".

FREEDOM!!

Last edited by Itchigo; 11-08-2014 at 10:57 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itchigo For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (11-11-2014), LeeVanCleef (11-10-2014), sleepy (11-09-2014)
Old 11-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Pinball Wizard

sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

Good post Itchigo. The man is Alive!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:14 AM

LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Unbelievable! Count me firmly in the "worried about his health, glad he's okay" category. Dude doesn't have to answer to anyone about a site that was free to visit and download from. I remember he actually answered a dopey newbie email I sent him when I first joined. I didn't know how rare an occurrence that was! I hope you're reading this one, AJ. Thanks for everything you did. VPinball just ain't the same without your site.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Pinball Wizard

Hey screw that "piece of shit" talk. That's what you get when the table authors don't give a damn about backing up their own work, so they screwed themselves when the site went down. They didn't care at the time. They should have cared about their output better than that, and even with the loss of vp.com, they should have been able to upload their backups to PN and the .org.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchigo View Post
The headaches of the problem children on the forum were getting to be old
Now who could AJ be talking about? Sleepy! Were you bothering AJ?

PS: Big thanks to Itchigo for posting that message. Mystery solved!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Pinball Wizard

Yeah. I lost my head once. I'm sorry about that.
Oh yeah. That wasn't him.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Useful Post:
LeeVanCleef (11-10-2014)