Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 08-19-2016, 11:29 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 258,819.49
Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all
Default This whole mess is perhaps my fault.

I respect Sleepy a lot, but I've also been pretty merciless upon him from time to time, grilliing him upon this or that, being kind of an a-hole towards him, in general.

I was also resentful upon Bill for something or other, and insulted him badly, and now here we are.

Time to get my shit straight, perhaps. Allow me to take a break for a while...
Old 08-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 101,220.21
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Default M.I.A. ???

Have you seen this man ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleepy Selfy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	6950   Click image for larger version

Name:	snickers sleepy 001.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	6951  

When Lit
Old 08-23-2016, 01:55 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 40,496.67
GSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura about

Who, me? Nope!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seen sleepy---Nope.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	6952  
Old 08-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 66,799.99
Tii will become famous soon enoughTii will become famous soon enough

I've tried to send sleepy a PM, but the PM system doesn't
seem to be working...
Old 08-30-2016, 04:40 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 213,925.38
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Now, now... no reason to to include me in there. I bear no one here any ill will, not even that moron Druadic, but least of all you, nic. You were my first internet pal. Any crap after that (which I wasn't shy about shoveling out a fair share of myself) doesn't really matter to me.
I think it's pretty easy to trace my recent lack of involvement here. I'm really good at showing up and blathering a lot, but, goddammit, arne really was the glue at PN. Sooner or later he'd post a Google Earth map of his crazy LA with an equally crazy story, maybe a song I hadn't thought of in years... yeah, I guess I decided to take a little vacation. And just happened to stumble back in to find out that what I feared was true. Arne may have taken vacations in the past, but there's no way he would have let us worry about him this long without checking in.
Sleepy's sister said this forum means a lot to him. That makes sense because, in many ways, he is its beating heart, always dependable. Does anyone here remember arne ever getting into one of those legendary Pinball Forum pissing matches with anyone? Does anyone here ever remember arne ever being an asshole to anyone? There is no one... no one... who has posted at any of these forums as many times and for as long as arne has and been nothing but decent and helpful. And interesting, above all else. Without arne, I might never have seen a picture of an actual gold-wrapped chocolate Oscar statue. Mind you, arne could also be infuriating and pig-headed, at least as much as me. I thought I'd toss that in there because it sounded like I was trying to put a halo on sleepy, and that's something he'll find pretty damn funny.

Last edited by LeeVanCleef; 08-30-2016 at 05:14 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
elton (08-30-2016), Ike Savage (08-30-2016), Sleepy's Sister (08-31-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 44,035.09
elton will become famous soon enough

This whole mess is indeed Ike's fault.

I blame Ike too

By the way .... what mess are we talking about? It's still Ike's fault, but lets's just be clear

The Following User Says Thank You to elton For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 05:55 AM
Inserted Coin

"Fills my eyes", indeed---this blend of old and new lacks the scenery, but.....

Stumbled across this; we were in Ike's topic about Roger Ebert, and the subject mutated into complaints about ISPs failing to honor their "new customer' deals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGregg View Post
So I called CS and requested the previous version of T of S and was told that none of "that old stuff" was available because of some changes going on in the company (What!? the new secretary shredded the wrong memo or something? You and your ancestors are all Politically Incorrect!)

Anyway, after a few days I just gave the finger to whoever was missing one and metaphorically drained a bottle of V.O.
I think another metaphor feels appropriate.....
Old 08-31-2016, 12:10 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

well said, man. what you said about sleepy honestly brought a tear to my eye.

i don't know if this makes sense-- but when one is an odd person who tries to catch up upon 'social norms' across one's life, one can appear exponentially 'weird' without even trying.

in my case, it's possible that growing up across three different continents, across a bunch of parenting situations, struggling with three languages as a small dude with health problems... i'm probably not a good mark for shit-talking with a smooth cherry on the top, so to speak.

the spat we had recently made me feel guilty and weird and offensive to others. at the same time, that's probably good for me to hear. i will survive (fuck you), i will survive (fuck you), very nicely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
GSGregg (09-18-2016), LeeVanCleef (09-02-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 12:29 AM
Inserted Coin

Ike; If you don't mind, I think I'll do the next bit by PM---if / when I finish composing, decomposing, recomposing, proofreading, spell-checking (I'm a magnificent speller, but after a mild 1998 stroke, I can't trust my typing digits to land on the right keys) and maybe even getting dinner from Burger King.

Hopefully within a couple of hours.....

GS
Old 09-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Pinball Nudger

Credits: 621.28
Sleepy's Sister will become famous soon enoughSleepy's Sister will become famous soon enough

GS- Thanks for posting "Reflections of My Life." It's perfect. I've listened to it several times in the last few days, and it's difficult to get through it without shedding a tear. The remake is beautiful!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sleepy's Sister For This Useful Post:
GSGregg (09-02-2016), Ike Savage (09-03-2016), JonPurpleHaze (09-04-2016), LeeVanCleef (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Inserted Coin

Thanks, S.S;

sleepy posted it for approval (?) entertainment (?) years ago; maybe even before I joined in 2010. Don't know if he cited what attracted him, but maybe I can search and find it.

Gregg
Old 09-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Pinball Porcupine

God bless you folks.

Having survived so many utterly ridiculous and petty VP arguments / blowups / feuds across 15+ years, y'all kind of make me feel like there are STILL genuinely decent human beings involved in VP-land.

I gather that Arne wants his privacy at this time, and I can certainly respect that, but if he does have time to give a listen, I think he might enjoy this recent short album of one of our mutual departed friends. It's six songs by David Bowie combined with the best reggae / dub treatment I've ever heard across my short and highly ridiculous fifty-year-old life.

this is it right here:
https://blackmarketdub.bandcamp.com/...e-the-next-dub

Last edited by Ike Savage; 09-03-2016 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
Sleepy's Sister (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 44,035.09
elton will become famous soon enough

Fifty Ike? Really? I had you down for a lot older

The Following User Says Thank You to elton For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (09-06-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Pinball Nudger

Credits: 621.28
Sleepy's Sister will become famous soon enoughSleepy's Sister will become famous soon enough

Ike- Thanks for the link to the Bowie short album. I'll try to share it with Arne/Sleepy when I'm in L.A. later this week. I've also heard that there is a Ron Howard documentary on the Beatles that will be available on Hulu on Sept. 17, that I thought he might enjoy. I hope it is not too late. Arne has been moved to respiratory acute care at the hospital and his breathing has become extremely labored. I don't think he has much time left. If I am able, I'll share all of your kind comments with him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sleepy's Sister For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (09-06-2016), LeeVanCleef (09-07-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy's Sister View Post
Ike- Thanks for the link to the Bowie short album. I'll try to share it with Arne/Sleepy when I'm in L.A. later this week. I've also heard that there is a Ron Howard documentary on the Beatles that will be available on Hulu on Sept. 17, that I thought he might enjoy. I hope it is not too late. Arne has been moved to respiratory acute care at the hospital and his breathing has become extremely labored. I don't think he has much time left. If I am able, I'll share all of your kind comments with him.
thank you for all that. how fortunate that he has you to be there for him, my dear.

if it seems like the right moment, please do tell him that we miss him a lot.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Inserted Coin

Default Where sleepy found some of his subjects...

Hey, Ike! Remember your thread, "Name the bands or die..." from June '09?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Savage View Post
what is that other forum, arne? any place you hang out is of interest to me, although if it's triple-nine then it's definitely out of my league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
I don't hang out there. It's just that I ran out of guesses with the latter/indie bands like "Yellow Man" so I Googled for "Virgin Digital Puzzle Picture". I don't even know those groups.

Not too many forums, just a handful for smoker's rights, the Mike Newdow site dealing with the IGWT/Pledge legal challenges and worldofkj (box office). Now and then I drop in at Mike McCartney's forum though it's become overly simplified of late. They had hacker/spammer problems.

I spend most of my online time reading from .gov sites, wikipedia (while trying to ignore half of the histronic b.s.), companies and tech (tracking the changes in ownership and policy), corresponding with the government, and the rest of the time trying out programs.

If I find something interesting Nic, I'll let you know.
Hah! I kinda FIGured he had multiple tomes open at all times....."Because inquiring minds want to know!"

Gregg