Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Soap Box

The Soap Box A place to debate life and such, the former Junkyard has been merged into this category.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 213,925.38
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice
Default RIP Lauren Bacall. You weren't a pussy like Robin Williams.

Was Lauren Bacall one of Hollywood's greatest actresses? Naw, probably not, But Baby definitely had it going on! Remember, as you watch this clip that, not only was this her first movie, but she was 18 when she filmed it! Whistle, indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Ay727EYzw
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (08-16-2014), sleepy (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of light

How is it that, as time goes on, the newer ladies look like girls.
18 used to be adult, like the music of the 60's and 70's.
Now it's like Candyland and pre-school., often with excessive preoccupation on childish irrelevance. And the same with the boys, like Bieber.
Do you get what I'm saying? I think I would rather trust a taxi driver from the 60's.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 258,819.49
Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

whachu talking about, bruce willis?

nowadays girls look like raccoons.
and they took that joke of a valley
-girl accent from the late 70`s and
spread it all over the nation, like.

worst of all, they don't even realise
how utterly silly they're being.

progress!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to allIke Savage is a name known to all

btw... pablo picasso was indeed a huge asshole... but most gems have both pristine and scrubby aspects, mister mistery of lou reed. i mean, want to take on me...?

anyway, picasso is my favorite artist... bring it on.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:45 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 213,925.38
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
How is it that, as time goes on, the newer ladies look like girls.
18 used to be adult, like the music of the 60's and 70's.
Now it's like Candyland and pre-school., often with excessive preoccupation on childish irrelevance. And the same with the boys, like Bieber.
Do you get what I'm saying? I think I would rather trust a taxi driver from the 60's.
Oh, I getcha! You're talking about our society more or less infantilizing sexuality. It all started with Britney Spears making it OK for the world to get a stiffy watching a 16-year-old wriggle around in a school uniform. So, rather than Bacall appearing wise past their years, you have actresses (and actors, to be fair) trying to grab a part in whatever oversexualized teen drama is coming down the chute (Glee, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries... well, let's just say "everything on the CW network). It is a rather weird trend.

@Ike: Pablo may have been an asshole, but he was never called an asshole. Not in New York! BTW, the song's actually done by Jonathan Richman (the 'balladeer" in There's Something About Mary) and the Modern Lovers. Strange fact... it took forever for that album to come out. Before it did, one of the Modern Lovers figured he'd join a group called the Talking Heads, another thought that Boston band the Cars would end up going somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
Ike Savage (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Pinball Porcupine

in my john wayne voice--

well i'm just gonn-a have-tah stroke my goatee THOUGHTfully until your logic has a chance tah sink IN there, Mister.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of lightsleepy is a glorious beacon of light

Are you sure it didn't start with Jerry Lewis? Somewhere in the 1950's?
What I don't get is that the maturity of past times was a matter of self-ownership and the right of passage. Age of consent. The right to refuse trespass. And personal responsibility not by the rules of others but by reason. And thinking for yourself instead of following the leader for security and support at the loss of one's liberty.

These days I hear much talk about empowerment, but by those who haven't a clue that they are only dependent.