Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 15,701.16
wzunino is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Demolition Man Resets

For several years now my Demolition Man Pinball has been resetting when the left flipper is used for about 20 minutes after a cold start. For the next 10 minutes, it will restart when both flippers are used together. After that, the game plays normally.

After moving the machine from another state, the reset problem stopped but eventually came back. I can simulate the interstate move by picking up the front of the game about an inch and dropping it back to the carpeted floor. This works often but isn't a satisfactory solution since it involves trauma on the entire machine.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? I would love a solution and yes, I can solder.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice

My 'Star Trek T.N.G.' Game was resetting. I thought it was due to many different causes. It was due to low supply(line) voltage. The problem was seasonal and worse during A/C summer months.The main transformer(like most games) has several primary taps to select the incoming voltage-108V-120V-230V. Unfortunatly the 108 volt tap was already being used. I have the game hooked in to an auto-transformer(Variac). These devices can raise line voltage by about 10%. The game has worked perfectly with the boost of the juice. You can find Variacs on eBay. You need at least 7 Amps to run your pin.

When Lit
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 15,701.16
wzunino is on a distinguished road

BIGGER PROBLEM CAME UP
My beloved Demolition Man won't start up! I had the movers bring it here three years ago but didn't have room to set it up. Now that I do, I hit the power button and part of the familiar sequence of sounds starts but the kickers and lights on the play field don't come on.
There are red power indicators on the boards and even under the play field but that's where it all stops.
I have checked all obvious connections but may have missed something. Also the fuses seem to be okay though I will meter everything later today.
Any suggestions or ideas would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 60,188.36
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough

I would start by changing the batteries. Check the battery holder for battery corrosion and replace if needed. The 5v section maybe too low. This wpc game is a good candidate for rob kahrs daughter board. And the 5v section coupling cap can cause problems also.