Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > VP/VPM Help and Support > Visual Install Pack

Old 03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Starfleet Member

Credits: 81,238.73
Phoenixx has a spectacular aura aboutPhoenixx has a spectacular aura about

If you seriously believe i would fall for your cheap attempt at baiting me then you must be way dumber than i gave you credit for,...
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 19,686.95
GeorgeT is on a distinguished road

really....Phoenixx provides a nice little service, that i used to get started with VP..manual install is not for me, i don't need the aggravation.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 15,277.20
maxydem1 is on a distinguished road

Gracias
Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Pinball Nudger

Credits: 25,735.75
Rick2006 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Update. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Rick
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Credits: 126,631.97
Downloads: 1
StevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really niceStevOz is just really nice

Have not tried the Visual Install Pack for a long time, it's a great thing, even works on Windows ME! Yes it installed perfectly without issue on an old Duron 850 powered with a 16MB TNT card and running Windows ME of all things...Ok it can only handle 1024x768 @ 16bit and DMD machines stutter during multiball, but otherwise most tables run fine.

Thanks
[COLOR=#0000FF]Phoenixx[/COLOPhoenixx
, just thought I'd report in that it is Windows ME compatible.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Starfleet Member

Credits: 81,238.73
Phoenixx has a spectacular aura aboutPhoenixx has a spectacular aura about

THX for the feedback Steve.

Glad to hear it worked without problems even on such an old OS.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 16,770.60
studmuff is on a distinguished road

For some reason when I run the installer I get an invalid G:/ Drive error. My hard drive is labeled C:/
Not sure why this is happening

Tom.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 16,770.60
studmuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmuff View Post
For some reason when I run the installer I get an invalid G:/ Drive error. My hard drive is labeled C:/
Not sure why this is happening

Tom.
Hi Guys,

I got it working by using this guys fix by going into the regedit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/gami...d-drive-g.html

My pictures was G:/ Drive related to iTunes. Changed it to C:/ Drive and now no problems.

Hope this helps if someone else gets this problem.

Last edited by studmuff; 01-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Eclectic

Credits: 23,808.70
Downloads: 9
1234fd is on a distinguished road

Once again thanks for the installer.Works perfectly with Windows 7. Just need to update some file after the install, no big deal.

Just one detail:Where is Phoenixx?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 30,818.56
Downloads: 7
sadler is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks phoenix pinball newbie

What an easy installer.Very easy to use (had trouble on my last computer bloody vista.).I have now an intel quad pc clocked to 4.66 hertz(built by my boss at work)pinmame now runs a dream.Im using windows7 64 bit.Also just got virgin broadband in 30 meg.so im flying.Cheers phoenix for this
Old 04-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 11,100.95
polipagi is on a distinguished road

thanks Phoenixx for the visual pinball pack, the installation was easy but the tables don't work like in reality (no special no extra ball no replay) could help me out with this problem Thank
Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

With most tables: Start the table in Play Mode and press the F6 key to select options like Replay, Extra Ball, difficulty setting, etc.

Not all table versions offer this menu while others may be hard to decipher due to numerical switches with no function labels.

And some authors simply refuse to provide Replays and Extra Balls in their versions of known games. This can be Very Annoying when playing a machine from the past and I am expecting a Replay, etc. and it ain't there after racking up millions of points and score rollovers on a table that only has 6 digit scoring!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Pinball Wizard

sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

If the table is a VPinMame (uses a second ROM.zip file) later model Williams you can try:
pressing the 0 (zero) top key twice
press the top 9 key to cycle through the menu in the DMD.
When you see ADJUSTMENTS, press 0 (zero) once.
Press 9 to cycle to STANDARD ADJ.
Press 0 to enter.
Press 9 to cycle to whatever needs adjusted to enable features.
Press 0 to enter and to Select the feature.
Press the 9 key to toggle the feature's YES/NO option, etc.
Then press the 7 key repeatedly to return to previous Service Menus or, at the end of the key presses, Play Mode.

And there are often other goodies lurking in the Service Menu by Title or by feature, so be aware.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Useful Post:
elton (05-03-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Pinball Nudger

Credits: 15,035.50
netsinger is on a distinguished road
Default Great install pack

Phoenixx ,

I think you already know that I really really appreciate the install pack . Tried for 4-5 yrs. off an on and finally gave up . Had it sort of working once , but came back at a later date and something had expired . How ridiculous ! So glad my flight simulator works so nicely and is always ready .

I have one problem with the new install and am getting a pop-up notification in the middle of playing Gorgar which is headed Sticky Keys
and says to press the shift key 5 times to turn on sticky keys . Would like to get rid of that nuisance if possible and have never had a use for " sticky keys " .

Surely do thank you Phoenixx .
netsinger
Old 12-21-2011, 05:07 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 229,334.48
Downloads: 4
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

I'm afraid you're reaching a dead line here. Phoenixx hasn't been around for a couple of years now. Just do what Windows in its infinite wisdom tells you... hit the shift key 5 times and that should toggle sticky keys off.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Pinball Wizard

But if you don't need the Sticky Keys feature enabled on your system, then click Start > Control Panel > Accessibility Options and on the Keyboard menu (the Keyboard tab) uncheck Everything.
Uncheck Use Sticky Keys, Use Filter Keys, Use Toggle Keys.

Hey Phoenixx! Hope you're still out there.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Pinball Wizard

How the hell did I get a Double Post!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	5041  

Last edited by sleepy; 12-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Pinball Nudger

Hi Ruby 631 and sleepy ,

Thanks for the response . Nothing was checked , but I went on into settings on each and unchecked most of that as well so maybe the notice will not pop up again .

Thanks ,
Netsinger
Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 AM

LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsinger View Post
Hi Ruby 631 and sleepy ,

Thanks for the response . Nothing was checked , but I went on into settings on each and unchecked most of that as well so maybe the notice will not pop up again .

Thanks ,
Netsinger
Hey, that's ruby651! I'm insulted! Hope those solutions work for you... I'd hate my Gorgar game to be interrupted. BTW, if you're a Gorgar fan and have a PS3 or Xbox 360, check out the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection. Lots of great tables (including Gorgar) for a cheap price and a lot of fun to play. I should mention that the above link states that there's 10 tables, but it's more like 12 or 13. I'd find a better link, but I'm too lazy.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Pinball Nudger

Hey Ruby 621 ,

Just kidding --651 ! I don't have either of what you mentioned , but do like to play Gorgar since we once had a real machine till my divorce some 23 yrs. ago . It is really better to play these on the PC anyway since there are no mechanical parts to replace and no big heavy machine to make room for or to move around . Pretty amazing what these nice folks have done .
Netsinger
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Wow, your own Gorgar machine? Pretty cool! I played it a lot in an arcade as a kid. It was one of those machines you hated because it could be pretty tough, but couldn't keep from putting quarters in! You're probably not missing much on not owning the video game. The table graphics are a tad better, but those VPers do a pretty good job of emulating.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Pinball Wizard

Why can't the Williams folks get a hold of the Pro Pinball folks to do these commercial sims anyhow?
And how exasperating this is that they don't.
Jeez, I was talking about photo textured pin sims and 3d rendering in 1976, back before they could even do that stuff on the then available hardware (< 500 KHz. CPUs, pre-Z80s, no way at that time) and I'm getting old, but my folks took that idea too, but if you can figure my folks out, you're a better soul than I, for sure.

Last edited by sleepy; 12-22-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 AM

That is a shame! Pro Pinball still holds up pretty well all these years later. They could probably do a pretty good job of it.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 10,389.50
Attackfrommars is on a distinguished road

When installing on a windows 7 machine. How do I make sure i am running as admin. ? Also I have win zip on my machine. Will these unzip the roms and cause problems since it is said to leave them unzipped ?

Thanks guys. Been looking forward to getting this working after almost a year before I found this forum
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Pinball Wizard

On the Hard Drive, Find the Visual Pinball .EXE file, usually named something like VPinball8.1 or the current VPinball9.12.exe.
Right-Click on it and from the Context Menu that appears,
select Run as...then on the next menu choose Administrator.

WinZip is safe. Just make sure to UNZIP the .VPT file to the Visual Pinball\Tables folder. .VPT = Visualpinball Pinball Table file.
Unzip any TTF Font files to the Windows\Font folder and unzip any scripts included in the Table.Zip file to either the Visual Pinball\Tables or Scripts folder. Usually either folder will work for scripts, but table authors usually make it easy by allowing the extra scripts to be placed in the Tables folder. Unzip any additional .Mp3 files to the Visual Pinball\Music folder.

Note that if Visual Pinball is installed using one of the the VP Kits like this thread is about, then the main folder may be found as C:\Games\ on the hard drive instead of C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball.

Then for VPinMame tables which recreate real world machines you will need a second ROM file specific to the game which you are trying to play. These can be found by looking up the pinball machine by name at

www.ipdb.org -download the PINMAME ROM(s)

AND MAKE SURE TO PUT THIS ROM.zip file in the vpinmame\Roms folder AND KEEP IT ZIPPED!

You can find the exact name of the VPinMame ROM if you have the Table.vpt. Start the table in Visual Pinball and if it is a VPinMame table and you do not have the ROM.zip for it in the Roms folder, you will see an error message which tells you the exact name of the ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy For This Useful Post:
JonPurpleHaze (03-02-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
On the Hard Drive, Find the Visual Pinball .EXE file, usually named something like VPinball8.1 or the current VPinball9.12.exe.
Right-Click on it and from the Context Menu that appears,
select Run as...then on the next menu choose Administrator.

WinZip is safe. Just make sure to UNZIP the .VPT file to the Visual Pinball\Tables folder. .VPT = Visualpinball Pinball Table file.
Unzip any TTF Font files to the Windows\Font folder and unzip any scripts included in the Table.Zip file to either the Visual Pinball\Tables or Scripts folder. Usually either folder will work for scripts, but table authors usually make it easy by allowing the extra scripts to be placed in the Tables folder. Unzip any additional .Mp3 files to the Visual Pinball\Music folder.

Note that if Visual Pinball is installed using one of the the VP Kits like this thread is about, then the main folder may be found as C:\Games\ on the hard drive instead of C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball.

Then for VPinMame tables which recreate real world machines you will need a second ROM file specific to the game which you are trying to play. These can be found by looking up the pinball machine by name at

www.ipdb.org -download the PINMAME ROM(s)

AND MAKE SURE TO PUT THIS ROM.zip file in the vpinmame\Roms folder AND KEEP IT ZIPPED!

You can find the exact name of the VPinMame ROM if you have the Table.vpt. Start the table in Visual Pinball and if it is a VPinMame table and you do not have the ROM.zip for it in the Roms folder, you will see an error message which tells you the exact name of the ROM.

Ok well i still have to figure out the Visual Pinball 9.12 as i only have version 8 right now just to figure this out and get started. So i tried to follow your steps but i am sure i am missing things.

I found Simpsons Pinball Party. One of my favorites behind Attack From Mars. I found a VPinMame Rom for the game. I made sure i left it unzipped and put it into my Visual Pinball Roms folder. I had a error so i think it was asking for a Sega VGT file or something of that sort and i found a set of all of them and installed them into the Roms folder.

I went to retry the game and it loaded and came to the point where it says am i allowed to play the emulator and i said yes and it started to load up and said " There are CRC and or Length Errors, VPinMame may or may not be able to use the rom sets.

Then the table loads but all blurry and fuzzed out

How far off am i ? I grabbed a second set of roms for the game since you said i need to since it was a VPinmame.

I feel i am almost there and playing some of my all time favorites is right within reach.

I want to figure out how to install and get tables running with ease and then take on the project of building my own cab

Thanks for your fast response and help

Sorry for my delay but i have been out of town on business for almost 2 months

Keith
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 181,645.02
Downloads: 574
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

ooopps, just reread your message and you were trying to play Simpsons Pinball Party, the script for the table I looked at mentions this in it:
Quote:
Const RomSet1 = "simpprty" 'USA
Const RomSet2 = "simpprtf" 'France
Const RomSet3 = "simpprtg" 'Germany
Const RomSet4 = "simpprti" 'Italy
Const RomSet5 = "simpprtl" 'Spain
This indicates the script needs one of these rom sets, this file would be simpprty.zip you can find them at the IPDB here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4674
OR at Pinball Nirvana here:
http://pinballnirvana.com/modules/Up..._PinMAME/roms/
You had mentioned
Quote:
I made sure i left it unzipped and put it into my Visual Pinball Roms folder
, the file actually needs to stay zipped!
Just place the zip inside your roms folder, don't unzip it.

You also need the vbs files, you can find them here:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDown...ad-sid-33.html
Unzip these files into your Tables folder.

I looked at one Attack from Mars Table and this was mentioned in the script:
Const RomSet1 = "afm_113b" 'arcade rom - with credits
Const RomSet2 = "afm_113" 'home rom - free play

This indicates the script needs one of these rom sets, these files would be afm_113b.zip or afm_113.zip, you can find them at the IPDB here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3781

Hope that helps somewhat.

Last edited by JonPurpleHaze; 03-02-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPurpleHaze View Post
Hello,

ooopps, just reread your message and you were trying to play Attack from Mars, the script for the table I looked at mentions this in it:
This indicates the script needs one of these rom sets, this file would be simpprty.zip you can find them at the IPDB here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4674
You had mentioned , the file actually needs to stay zipped!
Just place the zip inside your roms folder, don't unzip it.

I looked at one Attack from Mars Table and this was mentioned in the script:
Const RomSet1 = "afm_113b" 'arcade rom - with credits
Const RomSet2 = "afm_113" 'home rom - free play

This indicates the script needs one of these rom sets, these files would be afm_113b.zip or afm_113.zip, you can find them at the IPDB here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3781

Hope that helps somewhat.

Hey thanks for the fast reply

Ok well I have the visual pinball going. I messed with it last night and I have South Park going no problem. All I had to do was download the table and two roms and it fire right up. I had a problem with it before and it was because my resolution was set off on my laptop.

I have a few issues now though. It may be the same kind of question as before but I'm stumped.

- I downloaded the Simpsons party table. The table loads up but when I hit play it tells me that the rom set is missing. I know the trick on looking at the screen when the table crashes and it will tell me the name of the rom. The name of the rom was " Simpprty "
So I put that rom, unzipped of course and still it says missing roms. I've tried almost every rom I can find and it still will not load up

- the last question is I download a few of my favorites Jpsalas since those tables are killer and when I go to load the table the visual pinball closes. I do not even get to the screen to play the game

A little confusing this visual pinball is but I only have south park so far and well let's say the sun cam up when I went to bed from playing it so many times. And it didn't even cost me a quarter

Thanks again for your help

I can't wait to figure all this out so I can build myself a cab
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 PM
EM Enthusiast

Credits: 181,645.02
Downloads: 574
JonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of lightJonPurpleHaze is a glorious beacon of light

I just edited my post, the first part was, ooopps, just reread your message and you were trying to play Attack from Mars, that should be Simpsons Pinball Party.
Quote:
I know the trick on looking at the screen when the table crashes and it will tell me the name of the rom. The name of the rom was " Simpprty "
So I put that rom, unzipped of course and still it says missing roms. I've tried almost every rom I can find and it still will not load up
I've been looking at The Simpsons Pinball Party from here:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDown...-lid-1430.html
The script calls for simpprty, the file you need is simpprty.zip or this:
PinMAME Romset (5.00)

"unzipped of course" is wrong, the file needs to remain as simpprty.zip placed inside your roms folder.
The script also calls for SEGA.VBS, make sure that this file is inside of your Tables folder.

I sometimes have trouble loading a Visual Pinmame table initially but you can hit the F3 key and make the table reload , maybe that will help.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPurpleHaze View Post
I just edited my post, the first part was, ooopps, just reread your message and you were trying to play Attack from Mars, that should be Simpsons Pinball Party.I've been looking at The Simpsons Pinball Party from here:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDown...-lid-1430.html
The script calls for simpprty, the file you need is simpprty.zip or this:
PinMAME Romset (5.00)

"unzipped of course" is wrong, the file needs to remain as simpprty.zip placed inside your roms folder.
The script also calls for SEGA.VBS, make sure that this file is inside of your Tables folder.

I sometimes have trouble loading a Visual Pinmame table initially but you can hit the F3 key and make the table reload , maybe that will help.

Ok now the table is lodes you have me real close

I can see the table but it is still looking for the rom set Simpprty

I put that rom in the rom folder unzipped. I think I have downloaded that file a few times because now when I download it and put it into the rom folder it reads " Simpprty (4) "

Is this what is causing the problem you think ? Everything else is as you told me to put it

Thanks again for the continued help

Keith