Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 09-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Pinball Player

Credits: 1,170.84
Sleepy's Sister has a spectacular aura aboutSleepy's Sister has a spectacular aura about

Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	7249

Hi Gregg and Elton! Yes, it's hard to believe it's been two years since Sleepy's passing. I was drawn back to this site today. Nice to see you still think of Sleepy and are remembering him on this day. As far as the demonic picture of our step-grandfather goes, I found the picture Sleepy was referring to. Gross? Yes! Demonic? I don't think so, but I'll leave that for you to decide. Sleepy was a vegetarian for a while, so his reference could have been as innocuous as that, but you never knew with Sleepy.

I was listening to Warren Zevon's "Keep Me in Your Heart for a While" today. This song came on the radio as I was driving home from the hospital the night that Sleepy died. The words could not have been more meaningful at the time. I later found out that Zevon wrote this song a few weeks before he died of a form of lung cancer as a farewell to his family and friends. I'll leave you all decide if there is a cosmic meaning to this occurrence. I will say if Sleepy were to send a message from the other side, it would most definitely be by way of music.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sleepy's Sister For This Useful Post:
elton (09-10-2018), GSGregg (09-09-2018), Ike Savage (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 09:10 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 307,684.44
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Hey there, sister, is there also a pic of Sleepy himself you might share?

I remember one he posted a few years ago... it was a recent pic, but had a sort of 'brat pack' vibe. He was blowing smoke at the camera, cool as could be.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Pinball Player

Credits: 1,170.84
Sleepy's Sister has a spectacular aura aboutSleepy's Sister has a spectacular aura about

Ike-

I'll have to go through my photos. There aren't many of Arne from the last few decades. He didn't like to have his picture taken. I think it was because he was born with a cleft palate and lip, so he was very self conscious. The years he endured of bullying didn't help his insecurities.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:22 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

Yeap, understood. He mentioned that a few times across the years and I can well understand. I have some similar issues.

Anyway, I started to do a search just now, but realised that we might be out of luck on this one. A few years ago I recall a series of posts in which Sleepy, Steve, Gregg and myself shared recent pics of ourselves. But with the attachment system having been reset when the site almost went down a year or two ago, I'm not sure how many of those survived.

Not to mention, I'm unaware how to search on attachments and/or specify a certain group of people in a thread.

If I figure it out some time and the pic's still there, I'll be sure to link it. It was a cool pic!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 52,908.88
elton will become famous soon enough

I always thought that Speepy was included in the Pinball People Gallery at VPF ... but alas no. https://www.vpforums.org/PPG/

Old 09-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 48,368.07
GSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura about

Photo hunters;

Go to Ike's thread, "This whole mess is perhaps my fault". Coil Smoke reposted Arne's selfie in post #1, and I stuck my own in #2. Can't remember where Ike and the abandoned car are, though (something about a vacation...), and I don't recall pics of anyone else. (Oh, yeah---didn't StevOz put up some of him on his golf course?)

G

Last edited by GSGregg; 09-10-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Don't agree with the page extending with empty lines
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GSGregg For This Useful Post:
elton (09-10-2018), Ike Savage (09-11-2018), Sleepy's Sister (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Pinball Wizard

Oh yeah, missed those before. Thanks GS .... incidentally, your picture is exactly as I'd reckon you'd look like

Old 09-11-2018, 05:28 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Nice find, Gregg! And wow, crazy thread. Seems like a million years ago.

I was actually thinking of a different pic of Sleepy and a different thread. Steve in particular posted a selfie holding the camera above his head for some reason. (maybe it's on Oz thing) In that same thread I posted a pic in my bathroom... not the older pic from back in Peru next to the dead hulk of a car. If possible I think you had posted a different pic of yourself.

But, I might be blending some different threads in my mind. Hum...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ike Savage For This Useful Post:
GSGregg (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 48,368.07
GSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura aboutGSGregg has a spectacular aura about

Nope - that selfie is the first known pic of me in, maybe, thirty-five years (except for family taking holiday shots of me stuffing my face...)

However, it's been a while since my fairly recently acquired digicam was used for anything, so maybe I'll concoct something...
Old 09-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Pinball Wizard

Yeah, go for it GS