Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > The Plunger > The Playfield

The Playfield A Forum for anything!

Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Pinball Wizard

Credits: 396,124.31
sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all
Default Yahoo! Mail is Block Censoring E-Mail

Yesterday I tried sending someone a message about emulation, and I included URL links for the ROMs site "emuparadise". But every time I tried to send it, I got this:

Quote:
We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We're sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our Help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 19
Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions.
Try Again

I tried sending the same message to myself. Nada! I then tried sending a simple test message to myself, and that worked. So I again tried to send the message. Nada!

I then remembered my experiences when I tried posting a URL in a Comments at Yahoo! Nada! So I again tried sending the message to myself, but I removed the URL for emuparadise before doing so. This time, it was sent successfully. So I did the same for the message to someone, and it worked.

If you have a Yahoo! Mail account, you can try this yourself. Send a message to yourself that contains the URL "www.emuparadise dot me"
and see if you get the same stupid error message that is incorrect to what is really going on.

Has the emuparadise site gone to the dark side, that Yahoo! is blocking the e-mails that have their URL?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Pinball Porcupine

Credits: 310,860.52
Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

i tried the experiment and got the same results.

did you try following the recommendations online for error 19?
Old 12-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Pinball Wizard

sleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to allsleepy is a name known to all

No. I tried the fixit tool and everything. Nope. Yahoo! Mail uses Norton for security and *I think* I read somewhere that Norton now behaves as 'a pirate cop', blocking certain download sites.

But you got the same error 19 result? Were you able to send that link after following their help instructions?
Old 12-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Pinball Porcupine

Ike Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to beholdIke Savage is a splendid one to behold

their help instructions were useless, so i just googled it.

the popular solution was to log out of mail, clear the yahoo cookie and maybe clear something else. i forget exactly since i didn't try it myself.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Pinball Wizard

Yeah. I cleared everything. Nada!
The thing is, the error 19 help is for when you cannot send any messages. It appears not to help at all when trying to send links for "blacklisted sites".
Old 12-23-2015, 11:57 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 255,842.91
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

Go Google. You'll never go back.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeVanCleef For This Useful Post:
sleepy (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Pinball Wizard

Does DuckDuckGo offer webmail?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:27 AM
Pinball Porcupine

no, but ernest hemingway does!

i mean, consider this-- i fooled around with one of my mail accts for half an hour, trying to help keptin hollywood solve this, ONLY for mister william washington to SWOOP in and plant his warm, quivering, unwanted, godamn warm flesh upon my simple soul.

BTW-- please DON'T bother me while i'm hunting down pieces of my broken mouse.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:29 AM
Pinball Wizard

So you couldn't get it to work either?
Old 12-24-2015, 01:31 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 255,842.91
LeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of lightLeeVanCleef is a glorious beacon of light

LOL! I tried logging in to my Yahoo mail account and testing it, but it's been about 10 years since I did that and they wanted to ask a lot of questions about Where I've Been and Where I Am Now. That's despite the fact that I've been logging into my My Yahoo page just about every day for the last 15 years. I've recently switched my home page to (yeah, you guessed it) Google News. No broken feeds, much less bullshit ad-sponsored stories... it just overall feels like it's designed for people who still want to read a news story rather than look at a pretty picture.