Pinball Nirvana Home Page

Go Back   Pinball Nirvana Forums > Real Pinball > Maintenance & Repair

Maintenance & Repair Discuss and offer tips on real life machines.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 5,543.75
Funkmunk3y is on a distinguished road
Default Gottlieb Magnotron start-up issues...(wall of text)

Deleted.

Last edited by Funkmunk3y; 12-31-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Inserted Coin

Default Nevermind -

Deleted
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkmunk3y For This Useful Post:
Coil_Smoke (01-06-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Inserted Coin

Credits: 5,112.50
silvers194 is on a distinguished road
Default Magnotron Game Ends

I am new to the forum and bought a Gottlieb Magnotron in Sept. Cleaned it and worked well until a few weeks ago. Game started ending after one ball. Then it started ending during the first ball ----- flippers and everything else would just stop. Any ideas?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Inserted Coin

Default Your machine can be fixed by a drugged monkey - leave this place....

Don't waste your time here - these d-bags offer no help & seem to be into some creepy circle-jerk of self affirmation that they didn't waste their lives on this crap & dungeons & dragons. Just go to ...
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#top
& get all the info there without the douche-hoops to jump through.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Pinball Pusher

Credits: 117,692.93
Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmunk3y View Post
Don't waste your time here - these d-bags offer no help & seem to be into some creepy circle-jerk of self affirmation that they didn't waste their lives on this crap & dungeons & dragons. Just go to ...
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm#top
& get all the info there without the douche-hoops to jump through.
DUDE, IT WAS THAT WALL OF TEXT THAT MADE YOUR FIRST POST ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO. If you had a little patience, instead of deleting your post in 2 days, you would have gotten some help here.

When Lit
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Pinball Pusher

Coil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really niceCoil_Smoke is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvers194 View Post
I am new to the forum and bought a Gottlieb Magnotron in Sept. Cleaned it and worked well until a few weeks ago. Game started ending after one ball. Then it started ending during the first ball ----- flippers and everything else would just stop. Any ideas?
Does the game over light come on when your game ends? Does this happen for all players? How about the ball count unit. Is it advancing to the game over position before the game ends? What happens if you manually click the ball counter up to ball 2 position?

When Lit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coil_Smoke For This Useful Post:
JonPurpleHaze (01-06-2014), pinballdaveh (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Inserted Coin

Yes, the game over light comes on. I used to be able to play the first ball and then the game would end after 1 ball. I started trying multiple players and the same thing happened for each player. I would have to press the start button a few times to get the first ball into the chute and the first ball indicator light on. So I flipped up the reset bank and looked at the Game Over Relay but could not see anything obviously wrong ---- at least to a novice. There is a green wire that runs near the Game Over Relay and the Start Relay that had worn insulation and I could see the wire. I taped over that and tried it again. Now when I press the start button it goes through the start up sequence but then goes right to Game Over and no ball in chute. I'm not sure how to manually click the ball counter to ball 2 position.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 60,188.36
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough
Default wall of text is missing a few bricks

hey funkmunk3y i dont go onto this site every day , and sometimes it takes me a day or 2 to figure out a good reply and post it. since you deleted it i dont remember your issues. if you dont have a schematic for your machine get one and learn to read it , maybee the pinball ninja at pinrepair.com will teach you. if you cant read it the em pinball repair tech you hire (if you can find one) will need it and know how to read it. or maybee you can find a drunken monkey to fix it. since you called us all d-bags thats all the help you will get from me.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Faralos

Credits: 124,907.30
faralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura about

FunMunk3y are you a spambot or just an asshole?
this site has some very knowledgeable pin techies on it
maybe if you wait around a bit you would get an answer
BUT not when you insult us like that
anyhow for the Gottlieb manual since Gottleib pulled all theirs from the IPDB
due to 'copyright infringement'
try buying it that is all the advice I can find for ya' sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	magnatron manual.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	6040  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Faralos

faralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura aboutfaralos has a spectacular aura about

fyi I like D&D and ran my own system for over 25 years
Old 01-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coil_Smoke View Post
DUDE, IT WAS THAT WALL OF TEXT THAT MADE YOUR FIRST POST ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO. If you had a little patience, instead of deleting your post in 2 days, you would have gotten some help here.
-Over 100 views & NOT ONE person (yourself included) could comment? Even with a simple - "whoa dude, too much text - narrow it down a little" -
If you browse around here - most comments are like - "it would help if we had a little more info" - I tried to give as much as I could right from the start (& it really wasn't a wall of text either....).
I deleted the original question b/c I solved it after a day of looking into how EM's work & no one here was going to help anyways.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Faralos

ya' might want to try over here too
http://www.vpforums.org/
for any help with pins
Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Pinball Pusher

Quote:
Yes, the game over light comes on. I used to be able to play the first ball and then the game would end after 1 ball. I started trying multiple players and the same thing happened for each player. I would have to press the start button a few times to get the first ball into the chute and the first ball indicator light on. So I flipped up the reset bank and looked at the Game Over Relay but could not see anything obviously wrong ---- at least to a novice. There is a green wire that runs near the Game Over Relay and the Start Relay that had worn insulation and I could see the wire. I taped over that and tried it again. Now when I press the start button it goes through the start up sequence but then goes right to Game Over and no ball in chute. I'm not sure how to manually click the ball counter to ball 2 position.
It is hard to proceed with out a schematic for that series of games.
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=MAGNOT...ype=quick#1519
Gottlieb's legacy is hurting pinball by being misers with this copyright B.S. I would like to see the string of contacts that control your ball over relay.I believe your ball counter has two solenoids. One pulls in to count up. One gets reset pulses to return to the "zero" position. They can be clicked by hand. I thought it might help diagnose your problem if it worked past ball one. Maybe a tooth is worn and letting it slip? Hope just working the thing helps. I'm shoot'n in the dark here a bit but try switching from 3 to 5 ball or 5 to three. I wish these problems could be solved easy by "THE Above mentioned drugged monkey" Method ...

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 01-06-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Pinball Pusher

Quote:
-Over 100 views & NOT ONE person (yourself included) could comment? Even with a simple - "whoa dude, too much text - narrow it down a little" -
If you browse around here - most comments are like - "it would help if we had a little more info" - I tried to give as much as I could right from the start (& it really wasn't a wall of text either....).
I deleted the original question b/c I solved it after a day of looking into how EM's work & no one here was going to help anyways.
I (and others?) was thinking about your problem. If people didn't give a shit your question would not have been read so many times.Your first ever PN post came during the Holidays and I had better things going on. Your problem had so many possible causes I did not quite know what to say. Some times I put in a good amount of effort and first posters never return to this site. If you give a care about this community Please tell us about your repair and how you fixed your machine...C-S

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 01-06-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 AM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 245,894.74
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Quote:
-Over 100 views & NOT ONE person (yourself included) could comment?
Okay, here's a comment; you're acting like a jackass. Who asked you to come in here and throw a fit because the free advice you wanted didn't show up fast enough? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Faralos

just cause we read the post does not mean all of us know the answer to your problem
hence the numerous reads on it!
duh if we don't read the post how are we to know if we can even help ya'?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby651 View Post
Okay, here's a comment; you're acting like a jackass. Who asked you to come in here and throw a fit because the free advice you wanted didn't show up fast enough? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
-I didn't throw a fit - I just told the only guy that commented on my post where he could go to ACTUALLY get help for his problem.
Thanks for your concern about my ass - it's fine -your door's broken & no one around here seems to know how to fix it (& if they do, they're keeping it to themselves).
Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Pinball Pusher

Exclamation ...#One Sick Fuck !!!

Quote:
-I didn't throw a fit - I just told the only guy that commented on my post where he could go to ACTUALLY get help for his problem.
Thanks for your concern about my ass - it's fine -your door's broken & no one around here seems to know how to fix it (& if they do, they're keeping it to themselves).
This is boarder line Psychotic...first you tell us that you fixed your machine and deleted your request for help. You said it was so simple to fix it a "drugged Monkey" could do it. Now you are waiting for help with a non existent post... So much for being tolerant of your sick ass... Fuck OFF...C_S

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 01-07-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Inserted Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coil_Smoke View Post
This is boarder line Psychotic...first you tell us that you fixed your machine and deleted your request for help. You said it was so simple to fix it a "drugged Monkey" could do it. Now you are waiting for help with a non existent post... So much for being tolerant of your sick ass... Fuck OFF...C_S
You might be boader line retarded (which explains why you're able to fix pinball machines) -
I'm not waiting for help w/ anything, my machine works fine (the monkey did the trick) - I'm just sticking around to troll you doche-nozzles until my membership is revoked or deleted - YOU'RE the one who keeps coming back for more punches in the face.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Pinball Pusher

Why stop now?

When Lit
Old 01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
RIP Ruby. Whosa good dog?

Credits: 245,894.74
LeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really niceLeeVanCleef is just really nice

Quote:
I'm just sticking around to troll you doche-nozzles until my membership is revoked or deleted - YOU'RE the one who keeps coming back for more punches in the face.
That's not quite how this site works. We've got a certain "free to be, you and me" thing going on here. If you want to keep showing up here and acting like a cunt, you're more than welcome to do so. Just remember... you're acting like a cunt. Everyone can see you act like a cunt. Everyone who reads one of your posts here will go away thinking "Hey, that MonkeysAsshole guy is a real cunt."
Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Faralos

Fuck off and die - Peppermint creeps - YouTube
Old 01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Pinball Pusher

Talking Variations On A Theme.....

Lily Allen - Fuck You [Official Music Video] - YouTube

When Lit
Old 01-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Inserted Coin

Ooohh .... I LIKE this game....
GG Allin & The Scumfucs - Bite it you Scum! - YouTube
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkmunk3y For This Useful Post:
faralos (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Faralos

Anal Cunt - You Fucking Freak - YouTubeyou've got a fucking cleft palate-palate
and hair just like gene shalit-shalit
i wan't to hit you with a mallet
your teeth are parted to the side-side
you've got a lazy eye-eye
why don't you fucking hide
you're bowllegged and walk around like ray-ray
and skin just like m.j.-j
and you're so fucking gay
you hang around at barca's spa-spa
with a nose like jamie farr-farr
i wan't to hit you with my car
you fucking freak

LOVE the lyrics
this IS fun to find the nastiest song on youtube!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Inserted Coin

Thanks Coil Smoke for responding. I have the original schematic, came with the machine. I don't see a Ball Counter Relay listed on the schematic. There is a "Ball Shooter Relay" ----- is that what you were referring to? I will try switching from 3 ball to 5 ball.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Pinball Pusher

Question

Quote:
Thanks Coil Smoke for responding. I have the original schematic, came with the machine. I don't see a Ball Counter Relay listed on the schematic. There is a "Ball Shooter Relay" ----- is that what you were referring to? I will try switching from 3 ball to 5 ball.
I'm used to seeing a ball counting device in the back box. Usually referred to as Ball Count Unit. I don't have much experience with multi-player EM's. I'm not sure if that's a ball counter in the back box photo of this Duotron machine. These counters are a stepping device that advances with the draining of a ball, They trigger the end of the game when they click up to the last position. Then they get reset to a game start position. I guess this is not being much help...C-S

When Lit

Last edited by Coil_Smoke; 01-12-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Removed something possibly stupid?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Pinball Technician

Credits: 60,188.36
pinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the roughpinballdaveh is a jewel in the rough

i think this issue is either game over relay or last ball relay related. check latch, trip, and reset of these. check schematic circuits on these also to track down problem.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Inserted Coin

I tried switching from 3 ball to 5 and same thing happened. When I manually click the stepper in the back box, it seems to advance OK. I cleaned the contacts on the stepper and there is no change ---- when I press the game start button, the stepper rotates through, and then just goes to Game Over.